Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:33:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119550 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:18:13 AM

IANAL and Im not sure if that would be argument enough (I dont even see it on the website anywhere?), but Im merely pointing out it may not be as straightforward as some people think. A ToS provision does not supersede law and doesnt make a visit to a lawyer by definition pointless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:32:29 AM

Have a look to your HF the receipt footer, copy this text and post it here.

On the receipt If HF did not deliver until the 31.Dec.2013, i can request an refund, which must be made
inhalf 15 day, no later than the 15.jan 2014.

Problem:
1. you also throw your MPP away (Batch one customer)
2. KNC  did not deliver miner in JAN - March
3. upgrades as cheep at the moment (1500 USD / 400 Gh/s)

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 08:09:17 AM

comparing 40nm to 28nm isn't a linear comparison like you did.  its two dimensional, thus maybe you could fit four times (or at least more than two times since 40 isn't a doubling of 28) as many transistors in a similar die area.

I think you need to read more carefully. 40 is about 1.5 times 28, and (40/28)2 is actually almost exactly 2. So, no you can't fit more then 2.0409x the number of transistors moving from a 40nm to 28nm design.

Also, the gate length of a transistor actually does scale linearly, so the power and gate delay do scale linearly.

With that caveat, a die shrink from 55nm to 28m means 4x the transistor density (552/282 = 4.0).  Lets be generous and say 50% higher clocks are possible

Hmm, for some reason I was thinking it was 40nm, not 55. Heh. That actually makes the comparison even better in bitfury's favor.

Also you're ignoring the transistor gate length, which gives you another performance doubling from 55 to 28nm.

You can't get a pcb (no case, fans, cooling, heatsinks, power, host, etc) for the prices you claim even with free ASICs. Just once again to illustrate how silly $50 per TH/s is.  You say Bitfury is the answer to lower cost, at $50 per TH/s that is $2 per board for the overclocked version with higher output power regulators. All PCB production cost, all components, ASICs, assembly, testing, yield losses, etc.  $2 per board.   $2 a board for a 5" by 6" PCB with over 100 components.   I mean it is hard to point that out with a straight face.  Even if your board was $2 power, cooling, open racks, etc have a non-zero cost.

Puppet is a textbook case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

The only way difficulty can continue to go up exponentially is if the price does as well.  There is no way anyone can afford to keep paying exponential amounts to fabs, PCB printers, Surface mounting, power companies and so on. It's completely absurd. Look at KnC using the entire world supply of their VRMs.

On the other hand, with the recent price increase plans that weren't viable are viable now. People who bought KnCs were able to the number of miners with the bitcoins they'd mined, even though they weren't close to full ROI in bitcoin, just USD.

If bitcoin hits 1k or higher there will be a lot more investment in mining.

But, if it drops back down to $100, $200 - it's going to have to level off. People simply won't be able to afford to produce more, and once we see 16/14nm designs we won't be able to get more hashrate due to moore's law til 2016/17

I have no reason to bash HashFast because, unlike every other ASIC company, they are serious about building the best mining hardware on the planet.

How much are you getting paid by HashFast's competition go troll their threads with your silly, increasingly moronic and desperate FUD?

They're also serious about keeping all those profits for themselves. Their customers sure as hell aren't going to get it. How exactly do you promise to ship in October, but don't get your wafers until the middle of November, again? When did BFL get their wafers? Wasn't it back in February or something?

Not only miners, but I bet angel investors are pissed too that they didn't just buy btc directly.
Nah, they will be just fine.

They'll be fine, but they could've made 3x their money already assuming they handed Barber over the capital when btc was around $100.

Are you kidding?  They've already made 3x their investment. Probably more.

Hi all!

Check out the latest blog post on the HashFast website: https://hashfast.com/silicon-in-silicon-valley/.

Cheers,

The HashFast Team

When will we get out Baby Jets?

December 30th.

Unless bitcoin is $1k in which case they'll just refund your USD purchase price and then go buy an island.

Technically the USD/BTC exchange rate will have no effect on whether or not you will see your BTC again.

Difficulty will grow more quickly if the price is higher, as miners will have more USD equivalent to pay for hardware.

fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:54:15 AM

Big News! HashFast Signs Exclusive Deal with CIARA Technologies

Hi, HF

have you booked the ciara staff for production? What do you think when they can start building the first miner?

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:58:28 AM

For the record, Im going to put everyone with an advertising signature so bright and obnoxious that it requires sunglasses on ignore. Nothing personal fubly, just getting sick of all the gambling/HF/whatever ads and tons of nonsense posters posting solely to monetize their signature space.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:56:31 PM

For the record, Im going to put everyone with an advertising signature so bright and obnoxious that it requires sunglasses on ignore. Nothing personal fubly, just getting sick of all the gambling/HF/whatever ads and tons of nonsense posters posting solely to monetize their signature space.
Click Profile - Look and Layout Preferences - Don't show users' signatures.
Much more efficient than hitting "ignore" repeatedly.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:41:52 PM

Click Profile - Look and Layout Preferences - Don't show users' signatures.
Much more efficient than hitting "ignore" repeatedly.

Yeah I know, but many profile sigs are actually worth reading, and most posts containing flashy gambling links in their sig arent, so I prefer my method, I think its more efficient Smiley.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:03:37 PM

I haven't heard back from HashFast since I last reported to you guys, so no news for now.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
SellingMyGPUs

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:11:44 PM

But you having an advertising signature is not a problem? Talk about double standards...
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:15:27 PM

its not an ad, its not a paid ad, its not in obnoxious bright color, and Im not posting single line nonsense posts in every thread just to push my ad (or increase my post count so I can sell my sig space).

Other than that, great point.
SellingMyGPUs

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:33:36 PM

its not an ad, its not a paid ad, its not in obnoxious bright color, and Im not posting single line nonsense posts in every thread just to push my ad (or increase my post count so I can sell my sig space).

It's not an ad? You are not trying to recruit people to fork over money and spend it on your venture?

Sure it's not a paid ad, the money will go direct into your pockets, it's for your profit. What is the difference?

You know… people in glass houses...
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:07:45 PM

IM not asking for money from anyone, Im gauging interest in icelandic hosting. If you cant see the difference between that and those large bright "just-satoshi-dice-bet" ads in sigs of people usually posting nonsense posts,  feel free to put me on your ignore.

/end of OT.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:40:11 PM

The more BTC grows, the latter we will see anything, there is nothing we can really do about it. My 5BTC trowaway-lawyer found is now worth 2000$...
Why not start the arbitration process?  You are bound by it anyways and it's less then $2000

This. You agreed to arbitration in the TOS.  A judge sees that and he is going to throw your case out of court a long with a big lecture on following the terms of your contract which means arbitration first.  Any competent counsel will tell you the same thing, of course they will charge you $300/hr for the exact same advice.

Just because hashfast (or BFL) puts something in its ToS, doesnt mean its legally binding. For instance:

No written contract for the sale or purchase of consumer goods, entered into on or after the effective date of this section, to which a consumer is a party, shall contain a mandatory arbitration clause.
The provisions of a mandatory arbitration clause shall be null and void.  

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/GBS/26/399-c

So, what should i do? Start the arbitration process or not?
Are there better ways to trow away that money? (other than on google adwords against hashfast?)

@puppet, i'm interested in hosting in Iceland. Actually, i already have the contract signed! Maybe if/when the MPP will trigger, we will see. It's anyway some better spam that those ugly signatures. (John designed them, it could't have been otherwise).

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:59:10 PM

The more BTC grows, the latter we will see anything, there is nothing we can really do about it. My 5BTC trowaway-lawyer found is now worth 2000$...
Why not start the arbitration process?  You are bound by it anyways and it's less then $2000

This. You agreed to arbitration in the TOS.  A judge sees that and he is going to throw your case out of court a long with a big lecture on following the terms of your contract which means arbitration first.  Any competent counsel will tell you the same thing, of course they will charge you $300/hr for the exact same advice.

Just because hashfast (or BFL) puts something in its ToS, doesnt mean its legally binding. For instance:

No written contract for the sale or purchase of consumer goods, entered into on or after the effective date of this section, to which a consumer is a party, shall contain a mandatory arbitration clause.
The provisions of a mandatory arbitration clause shall be null and void.  

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/GBS/26/399-c

So, what should i do? Start the arbitration process or not?
Are there better ways to trow away that money? (other than on google adwords against hashfast?)

@puppet, i'm interested in hosting in Iceland. Actually, i already have the contract signed! Maybe if/when the MPP will trigger, we will see. It's anyway some better spam that those ugly signatures. (John designed them, it could't have been otherwise).

Here's what you should do

1. Wait for delivery until the guaranteed delivery date (Dec 31)
2. If no delivery by then, request a refund per the ToS
3. If no refund, start the arbitration process per the ToS
4. STFU and stop whining just because you are too immature and poor to handle playing the risky game/experiment you signed up for

Also, hosting in Iceland?  Really?  Have you even been to Iceland?  It's nothing but stinky geysers, stinky fish, and stinky Eskimos!

Stay in school kid.  Lay off the hopium, and your ennui-inducing pipe dreams will cease.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:01:04 AM

Thank you icebreaker, your impartial suggestions are welcome.
If you don't mind, i will wait to see another opinion or two, possibly not from your suckpopets.

It's nothing but stinky geysers!
You know, that means almost-free geothermal electric energy.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:08:59 AM

You know, that means almost-free geothermal electric energy.

So the answer to my question "have you even been to Iceland" is 'no?'

I'm glad my advice is otherwise well received. 

Study hard and you may someday find a role in the bitcoin ecosystem beyond impatient, impertinent, 'ZOMG ARE WE THERE YET HOW MUCH LONGER I NEED TO PEE I WANT TO GO HOME I HATE YOU I'M GETTING A LAWYER I'M GONNA SUE YOU FOR SOMETHING AND YOU'LL BE SORRY' hissy fits.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:14:27 AM

So the answer to my question "have you even been to Iceland" is 'no?'
Really?

Study hard and you may someday find a role in the bitcoin ecosystem beyond impatient, impertinent, 'THEY SOLD OVERPRICED PRODUCTS OVER A LIE AND DON'T EVEN HAVE PROBLEMS ADMITTING IT.'
Fixed, again.

And btw, you investigate my online profiles before answering? Really? I'm amused. Because i don't know nor need to know nothing to answer your personal attacks.

Again, how much is your hourly rate, Ice?

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:26:33 AM

Also, hosting in Iceland?  Really?  Have you even been to Iceland?  It's nothing but stinky geysers, stinky fish, and stinky Eskimos!

And Bjork!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:55:03 AM

And btw, you investigate my online profiles before answering? Really? I'm amused. Because i don't know nor need to know nothing to answer your personal attacks.

OK, I investigated your online profile!  Not impressed; you are a 100% clueless newb, through and through.

You signed up for this forum and immediately began bitching and moaning about newbie restrictions, even to the extent of creating a special little "whinge" thread solely to indulge your propensity for complaint, discourtesy, and presumption:

cedivad's whinge thread, in which he makes a fool of himself whining about being treated like the clueless newb he undoubtedly is
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99246.0

Go do your homework and stop wasting your time being a forum crybaby.

Study the heck out of math, physics, chemistry, and economics.  Read books instead of trolling.

If you do this, you may have a chance of being a real bitcoiner when you grow up.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:10:31 AM

Personal attacks continues.

Real questions stays unanswered.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: