Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:42:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: all finished  (Read 44824 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:04:59 AM

What do you guys think?

I think Waldo's right about stating he can not do anything about it right now. Not a 1% chance they would give refunds in 2013. What I do not understand, and think Waldo's wrong is not clarifying about the return amount in BTC in 2014 if they do not deliver.

I don't know where Waldo get's his confidence they'll return full BTC amount, when it is well known they've officially changed TOS. I'm convinced this is a mistake and may cost us greatly if we make an ill-informed decision to ask for refund in a month based on this wrong presumption.

What I do think is a need for group organizer to clarify this issue personally with someone of authority at HF. Waldo needs to get just one piece of information: Tell HF we've bought 7 batch#1 BabyJets + 7 upgrade kits for XYZ BTC. Ask how many BTC will we get back in total in case we ask for a refund, is it XYZ BTC or few percents of that sum?

If we are offered just percentage BTC back in refund, than it's foolish to ask for a refund without forming the lawyer fund and suing HF, and I'm against of optimistically asking for a refund and getting slammed by a hammer when we see the amount HF sent back.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
floatyfish

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:36:58 PM

What I do think is a need for group organizer to clarify this issue personally with someone of authority at HF.

Agreed. Perhaps Waldo could team up with other group buys such as DZ's group buy and ask for answers. Power in numbers.

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:17:43 PM

What I do think is a need for group organizer to clarify this issue personally with someone of authority at HF.

Agreed. Perhaps Waldo could team up with other group buys such as DZ's group buy and ask for answers. Power in numbers.

i like this :!) i vote for this to happen. we should take a vote ~
+1

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
piecinitup

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:56:29 PM

i like this :!) i vote for this to happen. we should take a vote ~
+1

Also vote for this.  At least knowing the outcome would give me some piece of mind, although it may be terrible news.

https://1broker.com/?r=34050  1broker is the easiest way to trade other markets than crypto using BTC!  Copy successful traders or just trade yourself!
manawenuz

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:07:44 AM

What do you guys think?

I think Waldo's right about stating he can not do anything about it right now. Not a 1% chance they would give refunds in 2013. What I do not understand, and think Waldo's wrong is not clarifying about the return amount in BTC in 2014 if they do not deliver.

I don't know where Waldo get's his confidence they'll return full BTC amount, when it is well known they've officially changed TOS. I'm convinced this is a mistake and may cost us greatly if we make an ill-informed decision to ask for refund in a month based on this wrong presumption.

What I do think is a need for group organizer to clarify this issue personally with someone of authority at HF. Waldo needs to get just one piece of information: Tell HF we've bought 7 batch#1 BabyJets + 7 upgrade kits for XYZ BTC. Ask how many BTC will we get back in total in case we ask for a refund, is it XYZ BTC or few percents of that sum?

If we are offered just percentage BTC back in refund, than it's foolish to ask for a refund without forming the lawyer fund and suing HF, and I'm against of optimistically asking for a refund and getting slammed by a hammer when we see the amount HF sent back.
itod I agree with you, but the problem is lawyering up would cost us a lot and even if we win the case, HF will get bankrupt for sure .
and it's probable that you wouldn't get all your BTC in that way either !
imagine that you've lost your BTC for the GB and BTC for the lawyer and didn't even get back 10% of your investment back Smiley
does anyone know if HF is LLC or not ?
Rea

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:01:19 AM

On their website it says they are a LLC.
Degenerate

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:11:06 AM

any update on this? I cant find any info on hash fast's site about shipments, will we just be getting a refund of what our BTC was worth when we bought after Dec 31st?  Huh
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:44:23 AM

any update on this? I cant find any info on hash fast's site about shipments, will we just be getting a refund of what our BTC was worth when we bought after Dec 31st?  Huh

Nobody knows if we will get original BTC back, that is the problem. It should be checked with HF explicitly for the informed decision if refund should be asked or not. There's no point in asking for a refund if we will get only fractions of what we've paid in BTC, then it's better to wait for the machines longer into 2014.
Rea

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:20:36 AM

My relative and his family are coming into town in about two weeks. If HF doesn't deliver by then, then ill explain the situation to him and show him the TOS and how it was changed etc and see what he says. I dont think it would hurt to get free lawyer consulting lol.
floatyfish

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:25:30 PM

Based on their Twitter feed (yeah, I know) it seems that they're chugging along, but at a pretty slow pace. I have a feeling they're going to get the miners out in between Christmas and New Years.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:42:54 PM

At this point, it would just be nice to get the products that would be in great shape to mine. I bitched about BFL and wrote off my miner from them but got it a couple of weeks ago and there's been no complications thus far, knock on wood. Early adopter growing pains is how I tend to rationalize the time lapses even tho they are pretty inexcusable on the maker's behalf. And let's face it, we'll all be happy when the first dividend is paid.
floatyfish

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:57:08 PM

At this point, it would just be nice to get the products that would be in great shape to mine. I bitched about BFL and wrote off my miner from them but got it a couple of weeks ago and there's been no complications thus far, knock on wood. Early adopter growing pains is how I tend to rationalize the time lapses even tho they are pretty inexcusable on the maker's behalf. And let's face it, we'll all be happy when the first dividend is paid.

I'll be happy when the first dividend is paid as well, but I would have been happier had they arrived on time! Growing pains are understandable, but in all seriousness if KnC can get things out on time, why can't anybody else?

floatyfish

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:03:05 PM

I think I'd prefer a refund at this point- I think the majority would too.  Undecided

Agreed. I wish we had the ability to see the future so I could have held off on this GB (no offense) and plowed it into another one, like the KnC Jupiter buy. I assume that nobody has heard diddilysquat about the MPP?

floatyfish

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:37:44 AM

So it appears that they're assembling their machines for shipment which means that if they're not lying we should get the machines by next Monday. WH have you heard anything about this?

bbmolo

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:47:13 AM

Hi Waldohoover,

In the case that hashfast does not deliver before dec 31. Just want to ask what you plan to do. Will you accept the machines and mine or will you decline shipment and ask for refund?
Just clarifying.

Thanks
piecinitup

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:38:35 PM

Hi Waldohoover,

In the case that hashfast does not deliver before dec 31. Just want to ask what you plan to do. Will you accept the machines and mine or will you decline shipment and ask for refund?
Just clarifying.

Thanks

99% sure I will request a refund in the event the miners are not delivered by Dec 31st.

Is the rule that they have to be shipped out by Dec 31st or you have to receive them by Dec 31st.  Also, what are your thoughts (If we do end up getting the machines) on mining a different SHA-256 Coin instead of BTC?  If exchanged for BTC it seems pretty much the same or we could hold and hope the prices of those coins trend up.  Just a thought.

https://1broker.com/?r=34050  1broker is the easiest way to trade other markets than crypto using BTC!  Copy successful traders or just trade yourself!
beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:26:10 PM

Is the rule that they have to be shipped out by Dec 31st or you have to receive them by Dec 31st.

From HashFast's Terms-Of-Sale: "All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s first production batch are guaranteed for delivery by December 31, 2013.  If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will provide a refund for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled." - https://hashfast.com/checkout/terms-of-sale/

tl;dr - A refund is available for anything from the first production batch not delivered by Dec. 31, 2013.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:57:28 PM

Is the rule that they have to be shipped out by Dec 31st or you have to receive them by Dec 31st.

From HashFast's Terms-Of-Sale: "All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s first production batch are guaranteed for delivery by December 31, 2013.  If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will provide a refund for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled." - https://hashfast.com/checkout/terms-of-sale/

tl;dr - A refund is available for anything from the first production batch not delivered by Dec. 31, 2013.
Those who live close to their factory (aka home), please go there and slow them down for delivery. We all will send 0.5 BTC each, make 100+ BTC. That should be enough to stop them?
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:05:38 PM

Those who live close to their factory (aka home), please go there and slow them down for delivery. We all will send 0.5 BTC each, make 100+ BTC. That should be enough to stop them?

+100  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 10:24:09 PM

I dont think they do it till 31.12. . The question is, will we get the full amount paid in btc or dollar or nothing at all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: