Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6902 times)
quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:13:11 AM

well, theres still an advantage doing kyc for bounty hunters, it will filter fake accounts and some alt coins will not get the stakes  they've got.
IMHO kyc is also good for bounty hunters.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
JanCoppens

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:13:57 AM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

I agree, I would only hand my personal information to legit projects, or use Civic.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:35:26 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

I'll will not go for
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:50:43 AM

My person info is much to important and worth much more then some bounty. Icos do bit need to know who you are there is no need for it. It's just an excuse not to pay people.

Do we know the people who are running the ICO? If anyone should be proving who they are it should be then not us. After all they the ones asking us for money and bot the other way around.

KYC totally destroys the entire point of crypto. It's meant to be private and decentralized.

I warn other users to not fill in KYC because otherwise asking for it is going to become the new norm. Though I think they are shooting themselves in the foot because most people will not give their KYC therefore they have less bounty participants. They know this and that is why they ask for it only at the end after the work is already done. So dishonest and disgusting.

Who knows what they will do with our info. Our info is already exploited like out phone numbers and emails. They promise to not give it to anyone but we all know they sell this info to other people for marketing purposes.

If you start handing out your personal info eventually it will land in the wrong hands and something nasty might happen. Always protect yourself online and never give away any personal info.

Oh and all those people who think KYC is for protection.... Protection of who? Scammers? People who don't pay bounty? Why don't we just give them more power while we at it? Money Laundry has nothing to do with it. You can easily launder money by giving someone else's ID to the ico. It's very easy. You simply pay a homeless person with an ID for a pic of his ID or maybe he is willing to take a small cut in exchange for using his info. See it helps with nothing.

No ways in hell I'm giving my personal info to some clown online.

elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:55:30 AM

due to the multiple accounts that cause the prize pool to be small,
I agree with the KYC program for all bounty campaigns
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 01:57:48 AM

The issue of KYC/AML is just so annoying when you consider that a person has worked for you before you bring out your payment conditions. Its an unprofessional behaviour and a bad precedence is been set and its only sad that privacy is been traded for money.

https://cryptotvplus.com
godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:08:24 AM

kyc is usually only for validation of ico participants only but for bounty i have not found it but if that happens maybe just for security only

And so that hackers can have a jackpot of information when they come to steal it. Oh that wasn't the intent? Well thats the result you are going to have when you do something as asinine and stupid as KYC for bounty campaigns. Believe me, if this becomes mandatory on all, I will cease to stop posting for new incoming projects and will focus on only proper projects being developed. (hence why I support Bitcore, they are already an established project with no BS KYC)

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:22:17 AM

I will not go for it and will just look for good Ico that is not implementing this Kyc thing and besides they will not attract members who will promote their program if members will agree to not participate in this kind of program, it is a trap for them to have control of your identity.
September11

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:14:25 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

Which bounty programs are doing that? Bounty hunters would just have to boycott their campaigns and I tell you that they would stop with this intrusion in people's privacy, or run a campaign that nobody would join.
This is one way for the bounty managers to prevent multiple accounts owned by the same person joining in the campaign. So I, myself, am willing to do KYC processes. I just would want it to be announced as soon as the campaign starts so it will make the distribution faster than doing KYC after the campaign.

Then they should announce it BEFORE, not AFTER the campaign. If they do it AFTER it is THEM who are cheating the bounty hunters, who had never agreed to those rules.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:56:38 PM

As a bounty hunter I would go through KYC easily, it's not a big deal for me. Though I would know that the project that hadn't warned me about the need to do it BEFORE the begining of the campaign is untrustworthy.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:24:51 AM

There are pros and cons. KYC would eliminate multiple accounts. Some person who doesn’t want their identities exposed would eventually quit. As for me, I’m ok with it.

kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:30:50 AM

This is totally insane! Hunters dont need this kind of procedure. WELL, not just bounty hunters.I think even those investors dont need KYC "knowyour customer"
as it is digging our personal information. Cryptocurrency is made for the people for faster transactions and be anonymous.
KYC is not a factor to make ICO be more success, it is just getting their some investors failed to join because of national ID requirements which some people dont have (that's TRUE!)
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:54:45 AM

There are pros and cons. KYC would eliminate multiple accounts. Some person who doesn’t want their identities exposed would eventually quit. As for me, I’m ok with it.

But KYC is just for the investors or should I say for the customers of every project and bounty hunters aren't customers but rather part of the project. And having KYC will just be burden for everyone especially for distributing the reward as it will surely take long. And this KYC will destroy the pseudonym of cryptocurrency.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
jubayerjb25

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:19:43 AM

KYC for bounty hunters is not fair because bounty hunters are not a costumer to perform a KYC process. I think, all bounty hunters want to be anonymous when making money. Investors spend money just to get the token of the ICO. Many will not be able to receive a reward because they learned about KYC at the end of the bounty. In this way the developers consciously reduce the budget of the campaign bounty.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:32:45 AM

This is what they are doing right now. They are asking for KYC for the bounty hunters but not all though. I think it will not do good on the side the of the bounty hunters, we will be giving our personal info but do we have a choice? We can't have our bounty if we don't give in. We are in a crypto-world so anything should be crypto, then why the KYC? We are heading into regulation i think.
social1178

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:37:48 AM

then the projects that want KYC bother me, they are not informed in advance and they are requested after the bounty distribution.
hoangryan7

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:40:10 AM

Too dangerous for providing KYC  Angry
Nilupulie

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:19:04 AM

Bounty hunters do not need this type of a procedure. But i also met few cases that asking KYC documents for bounties and airdrops. But it is very dangerous for giving KYC documents for them. The main reason is some Bounties and ICO's are scams and if we submit our ID documents to them that will cause a huge issue in future. So we should more vigilant before we send any KYC documents to anyone.
thomas_kunkel

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:19:59 AM

Well it's good to know your token holders, but I don't see a reason to do that for bounty hunters. Unless they are collecting personal information.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:20:40 AM

My first KYC on bounty is Cube. so i like the idea and this will block multiple accounts on bounties for sure.
I applied yesterday for kyc and waiting approval today. lets see how kyc change the bounty structure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: