Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:00:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you all in when trading?  (Read 1885 times)
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 11:20:25 PM

it is a very bad decision in trading, never all in, maybe if sell is okay, but when do buy would be better if buy gradually.
if you use the trading app on smartphone, it would be nice if using alarm, it's good if want to do stoploss or want to buy gradually

tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:27:24 PM

This would produce the most gains , but if you predict wrong you could be stuck waiting for the price to either come back up or down to get back in. I did this the other day. I sold and bought back in at what I had predicted was going to be the next upswing. However some last second sellers swooped in and dropped the price below my limit. Then it just continued to fall from there. Now I sit and wait for the price to come back up to my purchase price so I can get back at it. I hate waiting. I get antsy. I should have left some money in reserve so I could have at least bought in at the bottom. I got greedy. Now I wait.  Sad
Thats a lesson to take in and be that a warning to you. Not to invest all in. Although even you are stuck waiting just consider an affordable price that you think is enough for a loss then sell it or else youll be waiting for the rest of your live.
We are all in the same page when it comes to trading, of course what we really want in our life is to see the price of the coins rising, but if we are seeing it bump don't be so worry and panic with it, still look at it at the positive way, not every day is a happy day for traders that is why patience is really needed here.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:32:41 PM

This would produce the most gains , but if you predict wrong you could be stuck waiting for the price to either come back up or down to get back in. I did this the other day. I sold and bought back in at what I had predicted was going to be the next upswing. However some last second sellers swooped in and dropped the price below my limit. Then it just continued to fall from there. Now I sit and wait for the price to come back up to my purchase price so I can get back at it. I hate waiting. I get antsy. I should have left some money in reserve so I could have at least bought in at the bottom. I got greedy. Now I wait.  Sad

Nope, I'm following a strict  traderoll management.

I'm tempted to break it almost on daily basis, but we all know how this will end.

You should do the same.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:37:00 PM

This would produce the most gains , but if you predict wrong you could be stuck waiting for the price to either come back up or down to get back in. I did this the other day. I sold and bought back in at what I had predicted was going to be the next upswing. However some last second sellers swooped in and dropped the price below my limit. Then it just continued to fall from there. Now I sit and wait for the price to come back up to my purchase price so I can get back at it. I hate waiting. I get antsy. I should have left some money in reserve so I could have at least bought in at the bottom. I got greedy. Now I wait.  Sad

I never be all in while I'm trading because I sometimes can't handle stressful monents and I can't lose my all in trading. That's why I only trade with small portions which won't make me upset.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:46:02 PM

This would produce the most gains , but if you predict wrong you could be stuck waiting for the price to either come back up or down to get back in. I did this the other day. I sold and bought back in at what I had predicted was going to be the next upswing. However some last second sellers swooped in and dropped the price below my limit. Then it just continued to fall from there. Now I sit and wait for the price to come back up to my purchase price so I can get back at it. I hate waiting. I get antsy. I should have left some money in reserve so I could have at least bought in at the bottom. I got greedy. Now I wait.  Sad

Indeed, the more you put, the more you get by the end of the day.
But the problem is; whether you can be patient and wait for an uncertain time until the prices reach a higher point to extract the profits, especially at the moment where most of the coins seem in the bloodbath.
It's a good time to buy cheaper coins in the dip, that's why do not put all of your funds at once in a coin, just invest partially. Deposit fiat currency, buy bitcoin and altcoins, waiting for a month and then you will get more than 100% profits for sure.
snowflakeofeng

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:48:27 PM

Im into the micro margin trading, and I currently try to use 10% of my capital til I make some good moves and learn how the game goes.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:56:40 PM

it is a very bad decision in trading, never all in, maybe if sell is okay, but when do buy would be better if buy gradually.
if you use the trading app on smartphone, it would be nice if using alarm, it's good if want to do stoploss or want to buy gradually

Can you suggest a good application or software that will be able to send notifications when is the right time to buy or sell? I have found a few apps on this forum and from another source site that I visited often. However, all of them won't work exactle where it suppose should be. I've been looking for the perfect app and if you can just tell me the source, whether its free or paid, I do hope it's a cheap one as most of them are really quite expensive and I don't have that amount of money to purchase. In fact, the amount of funds I have allocated in trading is relatively small. So, if you are willing to share it either in private or publicly, that would be really much appreciated.
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:59:06 PM

So that would be the consiquence of putting all your money in trading. And I think that will be a lesson for everyone who all in their money as their capital in doing trading. You cant never tell wether it will go up or fall down. The logic is, you mist be prepared what ever will happen. You should always have a back up, that serve as your savior if ever a struggle come while doing trading. Many traders expert consider trading as a gambling too. Because of its risky. So you better be careful in doing a decision.
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:07:34 AM

Nope, trading all you've got may only lead to a huge loss. You have to be patient when trading, being impatient will get you no where. For me, its better if you will trade not more than 75% of your holdings, just to make sure you don't loose so much if the price went down drastically.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:20:22 AM

That's why I do not buy one coin with all my money, even if the profit I gain will be big but the risk as you experience. If you sell you will lose, you can add capital trading and predict coin again because that's the way if you do not want to sell your coin now.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
thycrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:24:29 AM

So I would first say never go all in once coin especially in trades. Also, never sell at loss. Keep what you have until at least break even if it's a bad trade. Trades are hard so I would just have patience because the market won't always be in your favor. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:59:47 AM

All in method is far too risky and makes you limit yourself unnecessarily. In my noob period I went all in, and while in some cases it had success, I more often than not was finding myself in a very troublesome position. That's why I prefer to trade with 10% batches in active periods (i.e. high volatility days), and 25% batches when I do slow trading, which is also known as the buy low sell high method. If the price goes up, I have coins already to benefit from that increase. If the price goes down, I have enough fiat left to buy even more coins on the way down, which directly lowers my overall buying price. It's basically a win win situation. It's a matter of logical thinking....
denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:16:22 AM

Nope, trading all you've got may only lead to a huge loss. You have to be patient when trading, being impatient will get you no where. For me, its better if you will trade not more than 75% of your holdings, just to make sure you don't loose so much if the price went down drastically.
I divide my assets into multiple portfolios. I spend about 40% of my business capital on a daily basis because I know that to make a profit is a lot of investment. I also spend 40% of my capital to participate in potential ICO projects. I dedicate the remaining funds to invest in coin starking to receive automatic income from it. Do not put all eggs in the same basket, that's my investment.
A.Delaney (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:47:10 AM

The way prices are falling now. I think I’ll just pull it off the exchange and put it back in my wallet for safe keeping. I am going to take advantage of buying a little more while the price is down though.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:33:19 AM

Yes this is what happens with each and every trader they just lose patience, they invest everything in a single trade, they don't plan their trades, they get emotional often on all of their trades and all these things end up with a big capital loss with every trader who don't find up solution for their problems.
So i will request you to plan your trades and trade your plan and don't be emotional after the trade has been placed from your side, once the trade has been placed either you get your calculated and expected profit or you exit at preplanned stop loss.

Yes agree that the trader sometime all in one that can make huge loss of our asset if the price down.
So i will suggest you never trade all in one because its very high risk.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:35:03 AM

No, i often use the technique with buy back. We do not know whether a coin will go up or even go down when first buying. If the possibility goes down, then there I will buy back.
So, basically I do not buy with all the capital I have. That way, I get a big profit.
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:48:48 AM

I am currently trading very little, because the market is in a deep depression, trading is extremely dangerous for my assets. I also think that to make it easy and to have time to do other things than business, I choose to hold coin instead of continuing to trade, which makes me feel more interesting because it is not always day must be next to the computer.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1263

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:10:22 AM

The way prices are falling now. I think I’ll just pull it off the exchange and put it back in my wallet for safe keeping. I am going to take advantage of buying a little more while the price is down though.

Why are you suspicious of the falling rates that you want to withdraw immediately? A pump is coming sometime but I dont see the reason. Anyway it is safer to keep the money in wallet and not store it in exchange.

However when the prices do pump then what are you going to do? Everyone will be rushing to buy and then you might get lagged behind in this rat-race and that time network may get clogged too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:36:47 AM

I always have about 15% of dollars in cash and bitcoin, so that you can buy on the falls. In general, I trade for the medium term and for me to keep the stock is a necessity for the most part for the ICO.

ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:43:58 AM

Thats a lesson to take in and be that a warning to you. Not to invest all in. Although even you are stuck waiting just consider an affordable price that you think is enough for a loss then sell it or else youll be waiting for the rest of your live.
We are all in the same page when it comes to trading, of course what we really want in our life is to see the price of the coins rising, but if we are seeing it bump don't be so worry and panic with it, still look at it at the positive way, not every day is a happy day for traders that is why patience is really needed here.
this is may hard to control for that you may panic for whenever the price goes down cause we wanted is goes up so as of that we see it that this is on the good condition for so we are in the calm way for. Trading are not easy and you must have to be more patient and have the discipline for.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: