Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5462 times)
miyami

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

SEMUX www.semux.org

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:36:01 PM

Unfortunately, the size of the telegram group is not an indicator of the quality of success. For example, GBX - a small community-is a very strong project. INSTAR with the larger community very bad went on exchange.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
valeru.aver

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:29:52 AM

A large number of members of the Telegram ICO group is a good indicator of its success. Unfortunately, you can buy fake participants. I always look at the activity in the group, and it's very good when the administration responds.
But in any case, do not take a good telegram group as an ICO success. It's like one of the components.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:35:21 AM

A big telegram group can be ONE indicator of success, but of course it's not the only one; more over, it can be faked very easily.
So, before to put your money somewhere, check ALL the aspects, not just this one.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:53:34 PM

A big Telegram group - if its really active and not a fake one - is a good indicator of an ICO success.
Of course, it can be the result of a good marketing campaigns , so it has nothing to do with the quality of the project itself.
So, it's a good idea to check also the "structural" parts of the project.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:17:12 AM

A big telegram group can be ONE indicator of success, but of course it's not the only one; more over, it can be faked very easily.
So, before to put your money somewhere, check ALL the aspects, not just this one.

Right. People should remember that bots exists in every platform so don't think telegram is an exception to this. I agree that telegram is very helpful addressing your concerns because their team responds quickly but the numbers don't mean complete success for me.
tolkings

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:00:54 PM

Right. People should remember that bots exists in every platform so don't think telegram is an exception to this. I agree that telegram is very helpful addressing your concerns because their team responds quickly but the numbers don't mean complete success for me.
The figures are the budget and the opportunity, so - everything will be at its best.
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

I started noticing that more and more people consider Telegram group size as one of the factors that show ICO visibility and the level of hype around it. It seems that it should attract people attention, lead to a successful ICO and strong uptrend performance on secondary market.

I also used that method to see if that projects were hot or not, but recently I find that some projects use airdrops to attract lot of baby accounts, and there are not really followers or supporters there, then I think this is not a good way.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:06:40 PM

Well, I think you would be a bit subjective if you consider Telegram a mean of measuring success.
Media attention and the popularity of the ico is the factor that measures the success of an ICO. Telegram members are just one of the pointers.
coinmgnet

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:08:01 PM

I have seen many ICOs with plenty telegram members that barely had any investors. Those telegram members could've been gained by hosting an airdrop.
Don't let yourself misleaded.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:13:21 PM

The social media sentiment is very important. If an ICO has a lot of attention and a lot of people are interested in it, it is clear that it might be a successful one. After all, people set the price

The best is yet to come!
Jabiii

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:23:59 PM

Yes, it is one of the factors that can give success to ICOs nowadays simply because bitcoin users are really into airdrops right now so they are looking for those. Even though they do not join the signature campaign of that ICO still they are in the airdrop so they have participations in that ICO.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:34:25 PM

I think it depends on the the reasons why there are so many telegram members. I know there are some projects launching telegram airdrops and a lot of fake followers joined in, we can see a lot of meaningless discussion there. If it is not this situation, that is a good projects.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
yommey

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:46:42 PM

I will say you can not base your decision solely on the number of people in the telegram group. We have seen some "not so good" projects having massive members on telegram just because they are airdropping some tokens.  If the project is substantial then it should have a good social media presence not only telegram.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:51:26 PM

I think Telegram groups has now become a standard to launch a new ICO.

For a variety of reason: first of all these groups are really important for the Team to interact with the Community. And also, for ICO investors to have a way to easily ask for information they want to know and also Bounty participants to have a place where to ask for doubts related to the Campaign. And we mustn't forget that big Telegram groups generate hypes, which we know its important for a future increase in the Token price when it will be listed on Exchanges.

I think for a good ICO campaign to be successful, it's essential to spend time in building a strong Telegram group and therefore a strong community. For example, I have also found out that in Bountyhive, a new platform that I just discovered where you can find new ICOs for bounties (it's good because you don't have to manually post your weekly reports anymore and so save your time), there is always the Telegram bounties option. Therefore also by them for example, is considered an important aspect  Smiley
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:09:57 PM

Messenger telegrams have become one of the most popular applications for people involved in crypto currency. This application has only twitter in the competition. In my opinion, with the advent of the telegram application, it is much more convenient to work on the crypto-currency market. The upcoming ICo telegram will probably become one of the most successful.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:18:54 PM

The project has not yet been launched and around him there are so many hype. This is good for his PR but it is not yet clear how long he will be successful.
Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:23:21 PM

Telegram is one of the most important avenue to judge the success probability of any ICO. For instance, anyone can get a clearer picture of any ICO through the communications embarked upon on a daily basis in any ico telegram which like a good omen if the records and statistics are true and right.Also the rate at which people are storming in shows how well they have given their trust and support to such project or Ico.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
tolkings

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:21:20 PM

Let me clarify a bit more concerning this topic.
If ICO has only Telegram announcement channel - unfortunately it won't tell you much about the ICO.
But if there is ICO community chat, you should obviously join it and spend time to see:
1) how ICO admins do their job;
2) regularly thumb through the chat history, because it may hide crucial details in the depth;
3) hear investor's opinions and experience.
Al this will give you much more details about ICO than any copy/pasted roadmap or fake social media profiles of ICO team.
Kippah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:26:24 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

I did research on this, reviewed 120 projects for my PhD, and also collected data on how many followers  ICO projects had on Telegram, Twitter, Facebook and reactions on Bitcointalk, however so far preliminary results show that more followers do not necessarily mean more successful projects. Joining Telegram group and purcgasing tokens are two very different things. Moroever most of the normal (non-professional investors) invest only in 1-2 ICOs, the rest they trade once they have more info on how the project is doing. Again my sample was 120 so quite relevant results, I believe.

Help me to understand how the ICO investors choose and monitor the ICOs they invest in. If you ever invested in at least one ICO fill in this questionnaire (below). Our aim is to build community due diligence initiative to screen the ICO projects for the community and help you decide which project to support.

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Castlereagh

Activity: 154
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:32:26 PM

Let me clarify a bit more concerning this topic.
If ICO has only Telegram announcement channel - unfortunately it won't tell you much about the ICO.
But if there is ICO community chat, you should obviously join it and spend time to see:
1) how ICO admins do their job;
2) regularly thumb through the chat history, because it may hide crucial details in the depth;
3) hear investor's opinions and experience.
Al this will give you much more details about ICO than any copy/pasted roadmap or fake social media profiles of ICO team.

This is an excellent post. I agree completely... Social media analysis (including Telegram) should be a fundamental part of anyone's due dilligence process.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: