Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:39:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:42:34 PM

It might be seen as a measure of success. More people in Telegram group means more people that are already interested in the project and that can make newcomers more comfortable as they know that it is more likely to fulfill at least soft cap and their money wouldn´t be in project unable to succeed. But it shouldn´t be taken that seriously as a lot of ICOs are giving airdrop based on Telegram engagement and you don´t know how many real people are in a group (bots everywhere).
Anyway, more people means more potential investors, so I would say yes, it is one of the success indicators.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:52:48 PM

yes, i think. why? because the members are the real person as another social media already full of "fake person", like twitter and instagram that the followers can be bought but telegram not. i think all of them in telegram are real person.  Cool

This is not true. You can buy Telegram members. You can tell when a group is +10k and nobody is talking.
konco kereng

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:03:40 PM

yes of course because at this time I see a lot of ico who give group question and answer neighbor project especially in an ico so from that factor project get positive trust from every investor.

►► D E A L J O Y - Earn Crypto by shopping online  (https://dealjoy.io)◄◄
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:53:30 PM

In telegram chat you may see if the token is really popular, whether people are talking and discussing the project, it's a real feedback and the measure of coin popularity
goldexp83

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:02:22 PM

Who knows, even if it raises all this money doesn’t mean that it’s a success until the product is out I think

is tezos a success? how about filecoin? or tenx?

all these ICO are the TOP most founded projects and yet we are still waiting for delivery

only time will tell!

roblccx

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:24:47 PM

from looking at some ico's telegrams that look popular you can see that most of the 'members' are fake just there to make it look popular

the better measure is how active the group is with real questions and comments

LCCX - London Crypto Currency Exchange

London Exchange Token (LXT) - Private Pre-sale Live, PM for details
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:34:13 PM

Nowadays telegrams groups plays a major role in ICOs because here admin directly interact with the investors/promoters or with its group easily it is the easy medium to interact or communicate with peoples quickly. If the telegram group is real active it also shows project team is very active to hear ones query. Through telegram group admin gives regular updates about the project. No of members in a telegrams groups also indicates that the ICO is getting popular or not. But we can not say it's the measure of ICOs success.
junrecana

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:36:55 PM

Being a thousands of followers in telegram on a ICO project is better for them to attract more investors and contributors. But telegram is just one of the platforms that support the ICO. Like social media, blog and articles, bounties and more. With the help of this platforms together with the team effort of ICO they will achieved success.
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:39:32 PM

I agree with you. Telegram now is a necessary tool in order for us to reach out the dev teams for any concern regarding the project. And this also measures how much people supports the project. It helps us to assess whether a certain project is worth to invest or not.

tolkings

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:43:48 AM

It's not like that, sometimes it can be way to find ico is good or not.
I have been part of icos where they only 300 members but ico was successful and i have seen telegram group with 16000 members but still not successful. For measure ico success going through team and their activity on social networing.

Telegram investor pool has collected more than 80,000 euros, it is worth thinking about joining - http://antares.capital/ru/referral/2f616e75
Psalms236

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:10:27 AM

Yes, telegram is  just a  way  to measure the success of the  project. It also a  means  to reach out people behind the project for proper communication regarding ICO and of  course it is a tool  that could be used for inquiries.

Astorgame.com | eSports & Gambling | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus (http://Astorgame.com)
leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:40:14 AM

I think telegram is just a software for the contact person, and it is not a standard for reference.
Because there are so many ICO projects that use robots to create fake telegram people numbers.

sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:44:31 PM

I don't usually associate the success of an ico with the number of telegram or social media followers.  You will be causing a great disaster to yourself when you do that because of late, most members of social media platforms are bounty hunters who just want money. Yeah, they followed or joined the platforms for money and not for what the project seems to talk about.  Some don't read at all.
They are also the very people who dump the coin and let investors cry.  😢
Note: do well to read WP and if u are fully convinced, you invest in the project.
It is after reading and knowing their team and advisors that you opt to look for social media followers but that shouldn't be number 1 thing to do.
Thanks
pheonyx

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:50:55 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/
Not necessarily but it can be one of the basis for getting the trust of the potential investors to invest during the stage of ICO.
Re.won14

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:52:11 PM

Telegram is a good way to attract investors since this is easy to use and you can communicate with the managers right away. This is just like another social media platform that you can use to communicate and to advertise. It just that, you can just assign someone who can be around always to answer questions immediately.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:54:40 PM

I'd say telegram is a good indicator of the "popularity" of an ICO.

Popularity is definetly one of the key elements in the evaluation an ICO...

That said, it DOES NOT tell you if the ICO will go through to the end, or if it will truely be a success.

I wouldn't bet on this factor only, but I would definetly consider it.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:56:40 PM

I think Yes, because there are too many people who are very concerned on finding better ICO or better signature and bounty campaigns is very hard and we're compelled to choose wisely because we only have a very limited forum accounts so we can get sure bounty stake tokens in the end of and ICO.
That's why in my own experiences, I rather join bounty campaigns if the Telegram Channel has too many active members because it means that the ICO or project itself is reliably promising.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 02:04:25 PM

I'd say telegram is a good indicator of the "popularity" of an ICO.
Popularity is definetly one of the key elements in the evaluation an ICO...
That said, it DOES NOT tell you if the ICO will go through to the end, or if it will truely be a success.
I wouldn't bet on this factor only, but I would definetly consider it.

I consider the social communities are a the strength of every company, organization and individuals because social media and social communities are the best place to check or critic what kind of character would be that person or a company.
So, Telegram Channel is the best way to consider if it's worth trusting or not.
Good ICOs and projects has always good and strong social communities like Telegram Channels and Twitter.

pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:08:30 PM

Undoubtedly, the fact that the project has a very strong support in social networks, in particular a telegram, is excellent, but I believe that this is not the most important when choosing an ICO project. Even without this, many projects become successful.
Analyst101

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:08:44 PM

Telegram is very easy to join and use. However, using telegram is not necessarily a measure of success. In fact, some potentially scam ICOs that do not even have public teams that show their faces might have tens of thousands of followers on Telegrams and Twitters. However, does it mean they are going to be successful. I mean they are probably scams and some are actually scams, so no, they won’t be successful. Now are they successful in terms of marketing and PR? Maybe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: