Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:05:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
morozo

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

Your Gate to Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:51:00 AM
Merited by dopecoindude (5)

I think the telegram member count can tell you how effective their marketing is, if there are less than 5k members it typically means that either the people are not interested but more often it is just weak marketing and community management.

On the flipside, a high number of telegram users does not need you can just go in and the project will fly. You never know how they got to the amount of users...did they grow organically (great) or was there an airdrop and you had to join the telegram to get free coins (not so good) or they might have just purchased fake telegram members on some site (worst case scenario)

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jabura

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:54:22 AM

it is certainly not! if you decide to make an airdrop, and some big groups announce it, your group will have more than 50k members in some hours or days, which dont even know what the ico is about.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:00:52 PM

Not necessarily so. But there are lessons which can be taken from Telegram's ICO success, something I believe will be very important for future ICOs - Proof-of-Product/Service. The fact that telegram already had an existing product made it easier for investor to trust them and back them further. Thus, there weren't any concerns of scams, that they would disappear with the funds. I know it's not easy for start-ups or fresh ideas to reach telegrams level, after all then what will be the point of doing an ICO for some. The main lesson here is for start-ups to build some sort of verifiable track record of a product or prototype that would make investors believe more in the project and back it.
s.Zavgorod

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:04:31 PM

Such a rapid promotion in telegrams is happening thanks to hype around him. Now talking about it everywhere, and everyone who didn't know about it already downloads it to your phone. It's like bitcoin, early on few knew, but now every 2 at least heard about it.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:11:06 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

I don't agree. Telegram is no valid measure in determining the success of an ICO. I have seen a lot of overcrowded Telegram channels of ICOs and they have not even reached half of their hardcaps. I have also joined Telegrams with tens of thousands of members but there are no discussions whatsoever about the project, product, and other technicalities. And worse, I believe there are paid Telegram groups. 
Wuddly

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:20:03 PM

Rapid fundraising was facilitated by a number of factors, such as the existing level of the product, its popularity and those plans that were voiced, influenced by the availability of a ready-made global platform already used by millions of users. Until now, there have been no similar projects on the ICO ...
jame kotler

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:21:08 PM

telegram is one of the community, activity  community is an important factor to be a successful ico, but i will also see the number of  slack and twitter ,they are also important to judge the community.
Jancuki

Activity: 789

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:24:16 PM

The number of people in a  telegram community is not a measure of an ICO success why because bounties are run for bounty hunters to invite or add their friends to a telegram channel to earn rewards. The number people in the telegram channel does not mean they have invested in the project.
I think it can affect, as long as the telegram group is active and always update about token development. And now if you want to assess the success of a new token project, one of them is by looking at the activity in their telegram group.
Jizel

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:49:55 PM

I'm not sure that telegrams are a good way to promote the project, in my opinion it's more like an information channel where you can ask questions and get answers, but in general, large investors are unlikely to sit in a telegram on one or another bounty channel. Yes, and the people in the telegram are typed through the iidrops or bounty of the company, which obliges you to subscribe, so the number of people is not an indicator.
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:06:58 PM

I think telegram cannot be measure of ICO success. You could not considered the number of participants in a telegram is the basis of success of an ICO. Because sometimes there are few members joined in telegram but the ICo success.
We know that telegram is one of the best way to interact people especially investors. But remember that not only the telegram is the only way to promote a projects of campaigns. On the other hand if an ICO are destined to become successful it really successful no matter what happens.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Stimah23

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:56:23 PM

Telegram is another measure of a successful ICO but most of the telegram with large number of people is usually a scam now, most of them are Bot instead of investors who will invest in an ICOs, More so, bounty participant are also been the only people on some telegram which won't have positive impact in ICO success if the number of bounty is much higher than the the investors. But to be candid, telegram is use for measuring a successful ICO.
jaksdhnz8288

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:27:14 AM

I think it affects, but indirectly. Because sometimes projects pay people for activity in the chat. Although usually it is noticeable. But we must look at everything in the complex. And this is still not a guarantee of success.
yszbsducdm650

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:56:43 AM

Will for me yes. Before i invest into a Initial Coin Offering (ICO) ill make sure that there telegram have good volume of investor or a member.Because for me higher volume of investor big chances to success.
Wuddly

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:37:51 PM

Such a large-scale project was not yet in the history of the ICO, it is certainly a big step in the development of the crypto currency, and it is not surprising that many prophesy big profits for investors and there are plenty of reasons for this ...
Drfalcon

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 06:42:36 PM

Telegram is not a criterion for showing  ICO success. Of course, the number of members shows that the project is heard too. But there are groups that have earn too many members with fake airdrops. So only Telegram is not a healthy criterion.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
alient86

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:22:33 PM

I agree, social networks are an important indicator of project success. Telegram is a very convenient platform for communicating with developers, to track updates, this is some indicator of people's interest in this project (and "level of hype" is an important indicator)
MrWidow

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:24:47 PM

Actually maybe not just almost every ICO but all ICO Projects. Telegram is very useful that makes each and everyone of us comfortable and easier to communicate those different ICO projects to be always update on their every announcements or some changes that may apply on their projects. Also, it gives those users to joined their telegram which to be part of their telegram campaign.
DonnieMitchel

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:36:27 PM

yes, i believe that.
More members in group and active conversation means the admin is pretty much monitoring all the time.
When admin is around and keep responding to members, that is somehow shows that the ICO was a success, because the admin is not backing out
normensky012

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:56:14 PM

I don't measure telegram as their success. Because I have seen some ICO that has more than 20k telegram members but can't even reach a soft cap for their funding. While I see projects that has less than 5k than actually reach their desired funding soft cap or hard cap. It's too foolish to even consider an ICO potential success base on its telegram members. Investors should use their mind not their emotion on fear on missing out.
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:34:00 PM

Well, Telegram cannot be measure for ICO success. ICO success will be measured by the number of investors and the funds raised.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: