Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 06:56:27 PM

In all seriousness, a good proof that they were sitting on their components and mining, would be if mining suddenly became much harder and BFL products started flying out the door.

It would also give them a chance to go "hey, look, Monarch go hash hash fast fast".

This way they could pump more cash from the few zombies still following the stench fest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 07:04:26 PM

In all seriousness, a good proof that they were sitting on their components and mining, would be if mining suddenly became much harder and BFL products started flying out the door.

It would also give them a chance to go "hey, look, Monarch go hash hash fast fast".

This way they could pump more cash from the few zombies still following the stench fest.

Numerous times the network saw a massive spike in hashrate with no known massive shipments of units. So someone had their private farm of ASICS.  It could have been a rich millionaire or the Chinese government or the NSA, who knows.

But you could mine with customer's rigs and not let on.  Say you have 100 mini rigs mining.  It's not like you flipped them on all at once.  It was gradual, like say a couple per day.  The wouldn't look odd as many various ASICS were being shipped all around the world.

Now say Sonny has 100 mini rigs mining in his basement.  It's not like he's gonna shut them all off at once and ship them.  No, he's gonna shut down a couple per day and ship them and most likely replace them with newer orders so there will always only be a gradual scaling up of the network so it will not look obvious at all.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

I'm still surprised nobody has gone over there and stolen what they've been waiting for. Or do other mean stuff.
I heard someone took a propane torch to the back door and set off the fire alarm... but that could just be a rumor...

It wasn't me, I was home watching TV. Here is a picture of me watching TV

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:32:47 PM

I'm still waiting for the dam to break unleashing the waves of 18 wheelers loaded with miners

What ever happened to that Biblical swarm of locusts descending on the post office ? Wink

I hope someone warns USPS to be prepared to handle upwards of 5x their annual volume at the local BFL facility. They're about to burst at the seams with hashingness.

Hahahahahahhaa.

Did that idiot Josh actually make that analogy?  Man, these Scammers are so Madoff-ish.  Lol

I saw a truck full of minors heading for the Post office yesterday!!

Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:34:57 PM

These miners are headed to Josh's basement for burn in  Kiss
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:36:10 PM

Did that idiot Josh actually make that analogy?  Man, these Scammers are so Madoff-ish.  Lol

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html

Week of February 10th
We implement the 1/3 shipping plan en mass
1/3 of our assembled units will go to new orders in FIFO
1/3 of our assembled units will go to upgrade orders
1/3 will be randomly selected from both groups

We descend upon the Post Office, DHL, UPS and FedEx like a horde of angry locust
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:54:26 PM

Numerous times the network saw a massive spike in hashrate with no known massive shipments of units. So someone had their private farm of ASICS.  It could have been a rich millionaire or the Chinese government or the NSA, who knows.

But you could mine with customer's rigs and not let on.  Say you have 100 mini rigs mining.  It's not like you flipped them on all at once.  It was gradual, like say a couple per day.  The wouldn't look odd as many various ASICS were being shipped all around the world.

Now say Sonny has 100 mini rigs mining in his basement.  It's not like he's gonna shut them all off at once and ship them.  No, he's gonna shut down a couple per day and ship them and most likely replace them with newer orders so there will always only be a gradual scaling up of the network so it will not look obvious at all.

A 100 minrigs is nothing nowadays, they suck so much power that they are not worth owning.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:01:28 PM

A 100 minrigs is nothing nowadays, they suck so much power that they are not worth owning.

ABSOULTELY. Why that's a paltry net of $26k PER DAY @ $.1/kWh. Who'd bother with that?!?

vesperwillow

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:47:55 PM

These miners are headed to Josh's basement for burn in  Kiss

I lol'd hard..

vesperwillow

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:48:51 PM

ABSOULTELY. Why that's a paltry net of $26k PER DAY @ $.1/kWh. Who'd bother with that?!?

Psh.. some of us make that hourly.

Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:58:59 PM

Week of February 10th

We descend upon the Post Office, DHL, UPS and FedEx like a horde of angry locust

Actually Josh wasn't too much off base with his analogy but what actually happened was...

BFL pre-order clients descended upon Paypal and their CC banks like a horde of angry locusts asking for forced Chargebacks and Refunds against BFL for non-delivery.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 11:29:11 PM

Week of February 10th

Hahhaahaahaa.  Josh:  What a fucking idiot.

Yes, I can say that, it's my thread.  Lol.

m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:19:30 PM

Week of February 10th

I said that from about 10+ months back and i still do today, Even if it aint my thread Wink

Hes a spunk bubble! Man, I could write a million lines of stuff about him and still have a million to go! If i lived in kansas..... Smiley
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 02:20:25 AM

Week of February 10th

I said that from about 10+ months back and i still do today, Even if it aint my thread Wink

Hes a spunk bubble! Man, I could write a million lines of stuff about him and still have a million to go! If i lived in kansas..... Smiley

Lol, well, this thread, like all my threads, are never censored.  Unleash the KRAKEN!   Ha!

On the bright side a Bitcoin fund for institutional investors just launched today.  It's not the public ETF, but this tells me that my feeling will probably prove correct and Bitcoin will get that ETF license, probably this year.

vesperwillow

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:41:31 PM

So I'd heard that BFL was charging folks more money to receive order transfers, and have seen it with my own eyes now, so that's no longer just a rumor. Wonder if they'll provide actual receipt/money-transaction proof of the inrease. They're filing it under 'additional shipping charges'. Despite the fact shipping is flat rate and prepaid in the original order.

Add that to the many methods BFL uses to shove golf clubs up folks' rear.

Anyone else see this too? I've heard of it in a few cases, verified one with my own eyes.

daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:45:33 PM

So I'd heard that BFL was charging folks more money to receive order transfers, and have seen it with my own eyes now, so that's no longer just a rumor. Wonder if they'll provide actual receipt/money-transaction proof of the inrease. They're filing it under 'additional shipping charges'. Despite the fact shipping is flat rate and prepaid in the original order.

Anyone else see this too? I've heard of it in a few cases, verified one with my own eyes.

I have done 2 transfers and didn't have to pay anything extra for the shipping. Granted $34 to ship a Jally is fucking outrageous and borderline criminal.
vesperwillow

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:18:59 PM

I have done 2 transfers and didn't have to pay anything extra for the shipping. Granted $34 to ship a Jally is fucking outrageous and borderline criminal.

You paid for increased shipping and were not aware of it. Jally prepaid shipping is $7 per unit (at some point it went to $14 for up to 2 jallys), flat rate USPS. It's on the original order form.

They're charging $20 extra for jally orders, and more for larger units, despite the fact USPS isn't charging them more.

If I were you, I would contact BFL about it. You're right, it is outrageous, because they defrauded you. $14 (original price) + $20 = $34. You got shanked.

FloridaBear

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:55:33 PM

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but if you order a Monarch today, and BFL somehow manages to ship on time (e.g. January), this unit will not even make 50% of it's cost.

Of course, the units delivered in November (wink, wink) will not ROI either. You'd have to be insane to pre-order a Monarch. Difficulty has been doubling every month, and I don't see any reason to expect it to slow over the next month or 3.

Sorry, BFL, but the ASIC business is already over.
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:57:42 AM

IT IS NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JFOcI8nK2xI
vesperwillow

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:46:41 AM

Yeah BFL is about to end up dead in the water. As lots of us said before, the Monarch was likely a pump for cashflow to keep them going until they could figure something else out. They claimed their unit was in R&D far longer than KNC's, but all theyv'e done are give super loose estimates and a generic 3D rendering. Sounds like it hasn't been in R&D that long at all, or their engineering team sucks ass.

While it's always been possible to physically fit 600GH into a PCIe card factor, cooling has always been the issue. With monster heat pipe setups such as is on the Jupiter, I would love to see what BFL is coming up with to solve this.

Cash pump.. cash pump.. and they're hoping they can figure out a product for delivery. No refunds possible, no product available, proof they're changing the terms/conditions on current preorders and adding on fees after they've been fully paid.. who's to say they won't do this for the Monarch?

Anyone with this knowledge who willingly gives money to BFL with any expectation of honest business practice has to be beyond salvation mentally. I look forward to buying my Monarch second hand for super cheap. Another coffee-table relic.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: