Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:52:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be a good speaker?  (Read 1064 times)
Gintron

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:57:02 AM

I am really having a problem with my speaking skills especially one-on-one. Can you give me some advice or link about improving speaking skills coz I think it will really be hard to get hired.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Well I think it is just because most of the time you are thinking what are going to say. Instead focus on listening the other person and ask questions.
No one likes the person who is just talking and talking. Be curious about the people find out their dreams hobbies etc. Then you won`t have a hard
time talking to people. The one who is asking the questions is leading the conversation. Keep in mind that you should not just ask questions like a machine.
Ask a question and then listen to what they have to say.

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
binaryHunter

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:00:32 AM

Hi, i have same problem like you before. I asked many lecturer and friend to suggest me how to be a good speaker and I realize that the best solution is just give a try. Try to join speaking competition, or some public speaking event in university or shopping center. This is how I overcome this problem.
Godofblitzen

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:06:42 AM

Be confident
Make it interesting not only to you
caywin

Activity: 20
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:33:03 AM

The first step in becoming a good speaker is to be a good listener so you can respond appropriately to your audience.  Here are some tips that will help you become a good speaker:  1.  Study your subject so you will feel credible when discussing points and answering queries; 2.  Eye contact; 3.  Hand gestures;  4.  Avoid sounding monotonous so your audience will not get bored, disinterested or worse, sleep; 5.  Organize your thoughts; 6.  Speak clearly; 7.  Engage audience by asking questions; 8.  Adjust you pace or rate of speech; and 9.  Be honest-the audience will feel if you are making up stories.  It is okay to admit if you are not familiar with the topic of the question.
Jenros

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:39:50 AM

Read more books about speaking and practice a lot
Ronaldo Doan

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:26:58 AM

4 Tips on Becoming a Great Public Speaker
1. Memorize concepts, not content.
2. Chat up audience members before your presentation.
3. Enhance your visuals and audio.
4. Flip your mindset to ease your nerves.
5. Get interactive.
 Cool
abc710747

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:33:58 AM

I suggest that you can speak more to yourself in front of the mirror to build up your confident and try to have some oral practice or interview practice with your friends to train your speaking skills. Speak louder which can show you have full confident and with different taunt. You can also try to read out some sentences of books or novel to your friends and ask what do they think about your voice. Do not speak too fast as your listener may not hear well, just speak in a regular speed as normal. Sometimes you can listen to the radio, these speakers are professional which you can try to talk as them and learn their skills. Don't be shy, try to talk more and practice more, you will be a good speaker in the future. Wink
Hienhienhb

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:35:11 AM

Being a good speaker requires planning, clarity of thought and a well constructed beginning, middle, and end to your speec
1. Make eye contact
2. Have a point and stick to it
3. Speak clearly
4.Adjust your speech for your audience
5.Don't use one tone the entire speech
6.Don't patronize
7.Be interesting.
8.Speak up
9.Be honest.
10.Organize what you're saying especially in long speeches
11.Be polite, follow social conventions and be rational
12.Use your hands!
13.Watch some videos of great speakers
Vinkona

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:44:16 AM

In addition to all the great ideas given above (thanx, guys!) there are also online courses of public speaking that might help. I took one on Coursera and that turned out to be rather useful. Also, improvement of your writing skill can make a contribution, as you develop the skill of expressing clearly and make readers\listeners understand your thoughts. Good luck!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
ginika

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:55:27 AM

You have to believe that the credibility of a speaker can affect the level of audience trust, there are many ways to build credibility. for example with a straightforward style. but the easiest way is to prepare facts in the form of statistical data to support the statement submitted. and combine your presentation materials: humor, stories and statistics in the information that is very interesting to hear, here also you can persuade listeners and at the same time entertain them.
PETMALU11

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:31:27 AM

How to a good speaker? first, you need to think a topic that will surely caught the attention of all the audience. second, you must believe in yourself to boost your confidence and not to buckle your words in front of many people.
tepakpak

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:44:24 AM

Eye contact to the people you are talking to important things that should concern you, Stare at a glimpse into one side of the head of your listener, Slow talk on an essential part, When you're done explaining an important thing and be the point of the press in Your conversation, take a pause for a moment about 2-3 seconds  Wink
sunkat

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:17:45 AM

- Stand front of mirror and practice.
- Speak slow and slower. We tend to speak very fast in the first time and no one can understand what you say.

HYDAX GRID TRADING ⎈ BOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ OTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ Listing ⎈ Affiliate

midaslordes

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:49:09 AM

to be a good speaker all you have to do for me is to attend in any kind of program and listening is the best way to be a good speaker you can apply it to yourself.practicing the words delivered in the listener,must watch the news and try to feel like a reporter,be a confident and courageous.

lancecali

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:26:36 AM

You should read a lot of books especially on the topic that you will discuss.
gogiking

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:29:48 AM

imagine people are all wearing a elf socks on their head.
or simply everyone is just naked or something.

overcoming the fear is important.

also look in the mirror and practice.
if you can find yourself ideally speaking, then it should be ok 
amrahova_s

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:55:55 AM

I think that the main thing is to be confident in what you will speak about.
bryanswangxx16

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:12:13 AM

Recently I read a report explaining how people posses better communication skills when they are drunk. You should try it out
rosesmith

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

flip your mindset to ease nerves and be confidence in your self and speech. Be consistent in reading books especially motivational books and novels to enhance your vocabulary skills.   
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:00:14 PM

When I was learning foreign language, speaking to myself did really help. Just keep conversations with yourself in your mind on the language you learn. Also try to write more, it helps in speaking as well.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: