Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:15:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we want to continue to allow various vendor hate in here?  (Read 17311 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:47:18 AM

I think it all went downhill when the mods seemed to defend BFL instead of slapping the scammer tag on them. then everyone guessed its because of the advertisement vested interest
[...]

We aren't the one sleeping in the bed, you guys are. We just change the sheets occasionally.

I take it you're not going to even bother answering the actual question there. The one being about BFL scammer tag and advertising revenue.

If so, this thread is pointless.

There was a question there? Looks like statements to me. 

Please don't act dense. You know perfectly well what I and the OP meant.

Let's do it this way then: "Will the moderators ban BFL from advertising at these forums? Will the moderators hand out SCAMMER tags to BFL employees/accounts?"

You do realize that mods can't actually do either one of those right? 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 09:09:39 AM

I think it all went downhill when the mods seemed to defend BFL instead of slapping the scammer tag on them. then everyone guessed its because of the advertisement vested interest
[...]

We aren't the one sleeping in the bed, you guys are. We just change the sheets occasionally.

I take it you're not going to even bother answering the actual question there. The one being about BFL scammer tag and advertising revenue.

Let's do it this way then: "Will the moderators ban BFL from advertising at these forums? Will the moderators hand out SCAMMER tags to BFL employees/accounts?"

.....why not?Huh

shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:10:35 AM

[...]

No, I don't realize that as I had no idea what rights the moderators have on this forum. So you're saying Theymos (the admin? are there more admins?) is the only person responsible for advertising and setting tags on people? Thank you for clearing that out. Now we know that you're not to blame for this mess with BFL.

So, I guess you're in a tough spot then. Looks like the forum administration likes money more than integrity. What a surprise...

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:11:55 AM

So you're saying Theymos (the admin? are there more admins?) is the only person responsible for advertising and setting tags on people?

That's exactly what he's saying, and as far as I know that's no secret.
Yes, there are more admins. You don't need to ask, just check the members list ordered by Position.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:25:31 AM

MODS cant do it......Ok that puts a different complexion on it all ....

Its strange...THIS fact is not widely known....3 months ago you argued with us tirelessy over why not to give them a tag etc  ...

It could have been defused instantly by this one statement ...

Oh wells .. at least it is just now 1 persons greed ...

OBJECT NOT FOUND
shapemaker

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:30:57 AM

So you're saying Theymos (the admin? are there more admins?) is the only person responsible for advertising and setting tags on people?

That's exactly what he's saying, and as far as I know that's no secret.
Yes, there are more admins. You don't need to ask, just check the members list ordered by Position.

Thanks again for the info you both provided. As I said, I had no idea that you couldn't do those things. Maybe the lack of that particular information has partly fanned the flames around here...

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:31:13 AM

This is fairly common knowledge and is why so many threads are addressed directly to Theymos.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 03:46:31 AM

This is fairly common knowledge and is why so many threads are addressed directly to Theymos.

This, I'm pretty sure most knew that already. If you guys want to waste your time with assumptions, well it's your time to waste. I don't make it a habit to waste my own time correcting it though.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:06:27 AM

This, I'm pretty sure most knew that already. If you guys want to waste your time with assumptions, well it's your time to waste. I don't make it a habit to waste my own time correcting it though.

Nope didn't know... further don't care.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
shapemaker

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:31:17 AM

Well, seeing as you can't do a thing about the very reason there's so much "vendor hate" here on this forum, I fail to see the point in this thread then.

Start doing your job and moderate the excessive flaming I guess? Or leave the stuff be. Your choice. There's no easy solution since the administration clearly wants to take the money and keep promoting (a) fraudulent seller(s).

Whatever you choose, be consistent in your decision(s).

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:57:04 PM

For all who may have missed it: below is an example of how far from the reality are some of the readers/posters/wannabes on this forum.

No matter what single policy you may try to apply, there is always someone who will be offended. Or you may end up with a policy where the only allowed posts will be the variants of "fluffy bunnies are nice".

The 1st post was in the Newbie subforum:
Subject: making an asic miner
been reading through forums and was thinking of trying to make one.

seems like the hardest bit is getting the chips. avalon makes theirs from tsmc if im not mistaken. could we just order from tsmc?

The 2nd post was in the main Bitcoin Discussion forum, but was moved to Custom Hardware by the moderator:
Subject: Creating a Hashing chip?
i started this out in the newbies forum but i recently got out of there so i thought here would be a better place to post.

my factory has an assembly line for ic/ chips but we were doing mostly receivers, lnb/ satellite tv accessories. we grab parts from china and assemble in indonesia so we have all needed equipment to assemble. labor is cheap here and i already have an assembly line for this sort of thing. i thought might aswell make some asic miners for u all.

my problem is the chip design/ acquiring the chips.  anyone know a good chip designer and anyone know a rough estimate?

anyone here want to help me out or knows about this sorta thing?

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:19:03 PM

For all who may have missed it: below is an example of how far from the reality are some of the readers/posters/wannabes on this forum.
Yes, so other people may be ignorant or ill-informed, especially those in the newbie forums. That doesn't give anyone an excuse to insult them, or otherwise hurl abuse. Leave them in peace, or gently show them the error of their ways and point them to a useful source of fact and/or considered opinion.

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:34:29 PM

Yes, so other people may be ignorant or ill-informed, especially those in the newbie forums. That doesn't give anyone an excuse to insult them, or otherwise hurl abuse. Leave them in peace, or gently show them the error of their ways and point them to a useful source of fact and/or considered opinion.
I think you are very naive and idealistic.

Those who "hurl abuse" are mostly the good guys. In the past they probably also polite, but lost the patience with those who refuse to read any of the openly available information.

The "bad guys" will be first very polite and solictious and then simply rip them off when they acurately measure their weaknesses.

This is how capitalism works.

The way you propose is how some religions/sects operate.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:33:57 PM

I think you are very naive and idealistic.

Those who "hurl abuse" are mostly the good guys. In the past they probably also polite, but lost the patience with those who refuse to read any of the openly available information.

The "bad guys" will be first very polite and solictious and then simply rip them off when they acurately measure their weaknesses.

The way you propose is how some religions/sects operate.

There is a key difference between that example and many I have seen on this forum. That poster is asking questions. Questions, no matter how naive are fine and generally result in answers, or at least the thread where they can find answers. There will also be some ribbing about use of google, etc.

The problems arise when someone fresh out of the newbie forums begins making pronouncements, like "28nm will never run SHA256!" or other nonsense. That sort of post receives  far more abuse.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:42:25 PM

Capitalism is the gathering of resources to accomplish a common purpose.  For example, people in a town may all chip in $500 to build and stock a dry goods store.
It may, or may not, have a separate profit motive.

Ripping people off is just psychopathic behavior, and it can occur in any economic system.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Xian01
Legendary

Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:07:00 PM

Zerlan's rants, demeaning his customers, shows that kind of contempt.
Yifu's statements lately have had the same underpinnings.
Or maybe we just get tired of whiny, entitled little brats screaming and crying for attention.  I wonder which is more plausible.

Yeah, going to have to say that we should allow to continue with various vendor hate around here until the vendors themselves start behaving in such a way that does not produce feelings of hate due to their own conduct.

Chicken, egg, so on and so forth...
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:09:36 PM

Or maybe we just get tired of whiny, entitled little brats screaming and crying for attention.  I wonder which is more plausible.

Yeah, going to have to say that we should allow to continue with various vendor hate around here until the vendors themselves start behaving in such a way that does not produce feelings of hate due to their own conduct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnFr-DOPf8

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:14:03 PM

This. I am a newbie to bitcoin, been involved for a few months. When I first started posting here, a couple of people were extremely helpful, and a few were extremely abusive. I'm not in any way a newbie to fora, in fact they were called  electronic bulletin board services when I started with posting lo these several decades ago. As time passes, they seem to become less civil.

Heated discussion is one thing, newbie bashing is another. We all were a newbie at whatever it is we do at some point.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:20:39 PM

Or maybe we just get tired of whiny, entitled little brats screaming and crying for attention. I wonder which is more plausible.

...and here's the same chicken(or egg) acknowledging through his actions that he still needs these forums to maintain his supply of fresh victims customers.

3 @ 7.75

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=284843.0;topicseen

I believe that bitcointalk.org administrators would gain instant respect by simply deleting or blocking that bid.

Xian01
Legendary

Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:38:38 PM

...and here's the same chicken(or egg) acknowledging through his actions that he still needs these forums to maintain his supply of fresh victims customers.
3 @ 7.75
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=284843.0;topicseen
I believe that bitcointalk.org administrators would gain instant respect by simply deleting or blocking that bid.

Won't happen until Theymos is removed as owner of these forums; not likely to happen any time soon.

He's too busy playing Scrooge McDuck swimming in his piles of Bitcoins from all the advertising revenue Butterfly Labs has paid him. He's not going to kill his golden goose.

Theymos is just as much of a problem as BFL, as far as these forums and community are concerned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: