Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You can buy KFC chicken by Bitcoin  (Read 1680 times)
kengeorge21

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:24:16 PM

This must be just a marketing strategy and it's actually pretty good, by riding bitcoin's fame these days many companies are associating themselves with bitcoin or other crypto just like this one, i'm not sure if many availed such program but for me it would be a waste of bitcoin including the potential gain from it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aizkicaumania

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:34:17 PM

This must be just a marketing strategy and it's actually pretty good, by riding bitcoin's fame these days many companies are associating themselves with bitcoin or other crypto just like this one, i'm not sure if many availed such program but for me it would be a waste of bitcoin including the potential gain from it.
Agree with you this is impossible especially in my country this will be a sensitive conversation let alone a lot of bitcoin is prohibited by all parties who do not understand it.
and hopefully can be understood by the government so that bitcoin can be used as a means of legal payment direstoran also other transactions Grin
woolm110

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:38:11 PM

It's great that people are adopting it, especially someone as big as KFC, I don't think i'd use it to buy anything just yet though, I'd be scared the price would rocket and it'd be the pizza story all over again!
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:47:23 PM

With the fluctuating price of bitcoin these days using them to purchase goods like this is quite impractical to do since bitcoin is more of an investment rather than a currency and I think those who uses their bitcoin to purchase a bucket of chicken will regret when time comes that bitcoin value will pump and appreciate again.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:50:04 PM

Oh yeah great. Does anybody try it? The network is still overloaded, how long does i have to wait for my chicken when i payed with btc? Are they waiting some hours for the confirmation? Dont spend your bitcoins for the unhealty food. Maybe today the coins are worth some dollar of chicken, but in a year with the coin you can probably buy a car.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:01:44 PM

With the fluctuating price of bitcoin these days using them to purchase goods like this is quite impractical to do since bitcoin is more of an investment rather than a currency and I think those who uses their bitcoin to purchase a bucket of chicken will regret when time comes that bitcoin value will pump and appreciate again.

Exactly, Because of fluctuating price of Bitcoin these days , I think that it is impossible to do. Maybe there are lot of negative aspects of this activity but we must be proud of your cryptocurrency because it is already used by some huge factories and industries and i know that someday, It will be a legal cryptocurrency in the world and many people will have the curiosity to learn about it.
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:05:23 PM

I did not see this can be Canada as mentioned but I dealt with myself to buy MacDonald in Moscow and I see that later all major restaurants will depend on Pitcuen
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:07:48 PM

I'm really wondering how the value proposition of using btc to pay for everyday things is. Maybe there will be an upcoming crypto that will be used for everyday purchases. I would rather hold onto my btc lol
niksxv

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:33:25 PM

wow! interesting news! That's cool to know less hassle if you don't have enough money at that moment.
CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:38:23 PM

That is good news after a series of negative press about Bitcoin as well as cryptocurrencies over the past few years. However, I think in the future, KFC, as well as other places, will accept altcoins instead of Bitcoin because people now consider Bitcoin as an asset rather than a currency for trading.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:39:54 PM

LoL, you give BTC to the KFC staff, and have to wait 2h for the transaction to be completed haha. hope you have fun LoL
But I get what you are saying. Wink
It is for online orders only and not in person at the drive thru window. Cheesy

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:49:14 PM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes

Wish I could buy here too but what about transaction fees? Good one by bitpay assistance to help facilitate this. I believe with time and with proper adjustment on the blockchain; a faster transaction will be achieved for immediate payment of goods and services!
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:56:22 PM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes
$15 that you will be spending for some chicken will end up being $1000 in few years  Cheesy. More like the pizza event. But sadly the fee of making the transaction is way much higher than the price of the bucket, though fees are made on our choice, but paying less fees means we will be receiving our order after few days.
Jokes aside, a good step taken by them. Might attract some crypto enthusiastic customers in Canada.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
stretcharmstrong

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:07:17 PM

Kentucky Fried Crypto. mmmmmmmm my favourite things.
thenachoguy

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:08:55 PM

thank god this bucket of kfc doesn't cost 10.000 btc like the last pizza, junk food is expensive online
kek
Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:19:10 PM

Good news for the people in canada, store are starting to accept as a payment. Its good to buy now since we have small transaction fee as of the moment and fast confirmation. Hopefully some others offline establishment will follow to accept crypto currency not just bitcoin Cheesy
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:26:13 PM

It is a big leap in bitcoin since KFC is well known around the world but i think they really need to fix the rough patches we all know that it takes almost an hour or 2 before a transaction completed and what about bitcoins volatility especially now bitcoin is fluctuating a lot i don't think they'll gonna accept btc if it's not stable enough although i hope this news is true cause if it is, it is a really big step from bitcoin.

dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:34:59 PM

if in the country kanada receive payment with bitcoin, I think this is very good news because lately I hear many countries that prohibit using bitcoin as a means of payment.
I also hope in my country also receive payment with bitcoin.

tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:42:57 PM

if in the country kanada receive payment with bitcoin, I think this is very good news because lately I hear many countries that prohibit using bitcoin as a means of payment.
I also hope in my country also receive payment with bitcoin.
Are you willing to use your BTC to buy fried chicken? Which one is better? Hold it as an investment, or use it to buy fried chicken when cash money is more effective to use?
Yes, we all know that transaction fees are still too high, and that's not quite as effective as micro-payments.
Adapted payment with cryptocurrency is good, but still need improvement in order to be more effective.

mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:34:31 AM

This is nice. If a store as large as KFC will begin to accept bitcoin then it is a start.
NO IT IS NOT! Who that is not completely out of his mind would buy anything when the fee is 25$? Of course you can pay a lower fee but then you have to wait 3 or more days before they can deliver the food.
Yeah lmao, they need to start accepting alt coins too if they want to make it realistic otherwise they’ll be waiting ages for the money
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: