Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:40:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75312 times)
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:06:51 PM

More and more projects are going for two different tokens for various reasons, for example Spectre has one utility token and one dividends token

I have to say, I am not a fan of a two token system. And it makes it more complicated which prevents non crypto user from joining in my eyes.

Why? precisely that's why they have two token system, to make non crypto people more comfortable to use the platform.
A lot of our future customers will be just ordinary people who will want to buy a game. They do not know anything about crypto and maybe they even don't want to get involved in it. We have to have this in mind. It would be very stressful for them if they would buy some tokens one day and another day it would have totally different value. This could discourage them to switch from current methods of payments and that is something we definitely don't want to do.

Still these customers have to buy first the one token (A) with fiat to buy another token (B). And then on one point they will realize maybe the same situation, that they could have got more token (B) a week later for their (A) tokens or more (A) tokens for their fiat or whatever. I don't see where the situation is changing, just that they have to trade much more.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:11:54 PM

More and more projects are going for two different tokens for various reasons, for example Spectre has one utility token and one dividends token

I have to say, I am not a fan of a two token system. And it makes it more complicated which prevents non crypto user from joining in my eyes.

Why? precisely that's why they have two token system, to make non crypto people more comfortable to use the platform.
A lot of our future customers will be just ordinary people who will want to buy a game. They do not know anything about crypto and maybe they even don't want to get involved in it. We have to have this in mind. It would be very stressful for them if they would buy some tokens one day and another day it would have totally different value. This could discourage them to switch from current methods of payments and that is something we definitely don't want to do.

Still these customers have to buy first the one token (A) with fiat to buy another token (B). And then on one point they will realize maybe the same situation, that they could have got more token (B) a week later for their (A) tokens or more (A) tokens for their fiat or whatever. I don't see where the situation is changing, just that they have to trade much more.

But if I understand correctly, you can buy products and services with either of these two tokens, just choose the way it's more convenient to you personally. For cryptousers, we'll be able to buy it on exchanges, others can buy it in brick & mortar shops for fiat. It's not really necessary to buy it for fiat and then exchange to the second token or the other way round. By having two tokens, they aim for much wider customer segment and that's imo a good idea.

AsachKahitari

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:13:47 PM

how to mine it?
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:17:26 PM

I think people will be able to buy ALA tokens directly with fiat or other payment options, because they said that people will get 20% discount if they buy ALA tokens with ALX.
sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:23:41 PM

I think people will be able to buy ALA tokens directly with fiat or other payment options, because they said that people will get 20% discount if they buy ALA tokens with ALX.

I have the same opinion with you. People should be able to buy ALA directly with fiat and then use it to get the services.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:50:50 PM

Is http://www.dragonflygame.com/ the correct website for Dragonfly? If yes, I see that they have also a VR game, you're going enter that market too?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:17:27 PM

I have the same opinion with you. People should be able to buy ALA directly with fiat and then use it to get the services.

Of course, encouraging the continued use and good volume of your chips is very profitable for the project, rewarding for Team and its investors, but it is necessary to keep open all the shopping options for those who want
marilouadrie

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:21:05 PM

I hope the idea of blockchain-based MMO games will develop over the next couple of years.
CryptoCutie

Merit: 131

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:02:52 PM

Let introduce the newest advisor, Richard Wang, who has vast experience in business and is a true believer in blockchain technology.
https://medium.com/alax-io/alax-welcomes-a-new-advisor-711837f79766
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:09:19 PM

I hope the idea of blockchain-based MMO games will develop over the next couple of years.
In my honest opinion this could be very hard to do because storing assets on blockchain is expensive and not very convenient
ImTotya

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:27:26 PM

ALAX have just reached 50k members the TelegramGroup! Congratulations!

It's just a huge indicator! This project makes me stir up my mind. I was seriously thinking about investing.
Jepli

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:29:12 PM

In my honest opinion this could be very hard to do because storing assets on blockchain is expensive and not very convenient

It is indeed very hard but not impossible to implement because MMO has several key factors that needs to be resolved such as latency, administration..etc.,  I guess no one wants to play games with lag issues. Smiley

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:35:43 PM

We have two tokens - you can find detailed info about them in this blog. Here is the comparison:

The ALA will be simply pegged to FIAT so there won't be fixed exchange rate to ALX. ALX is the token which will participants of our TGE get.

I cant understand, why you want to create 2 types of tokens? Only ALX will be selling on TGE?

It was explained on this page...

This is to make prices look stable.

A very interesting system you got there going with two tokens, I haven't seen anything like that yet. It should work for both people who have cryptocurrency and for those who don't. Looks really promising, I wonder how it will function in reality.
That is, theoretically, ALA will have a fixed rate. Which will not depend on anything, if I understand correctly. I don't see the point in creating a second coin if you can sell games directly for dollars or euros.

Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:40:29 PM

It's just a huge indicator! This project makes me stir up my mind. I was seriously thinking about investing.

Some partnerships would be great to attract more investors and build up trust. It's hard now to raise funds.

traveler007

Activity: 840

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:44:58 PM

We have two tokens - you can find detailed info about them in this blog. Here is the comparison:

The ALA will be simply pegged to FIAT so there won't be fixed exchange rate to ALX. ALX is the token which will participants of our TGE get.

I cant understand, why you want to create 2 types of tokens? Only ALX will be selling on TGE?

So what sence in investors tokens? What liquidity and perspectives will have investors?

I think its in interesting approach and the sense is very clear: you can trade ALX on the exchanges while ALA's price is stable and bound to FIAT. So ALA is just used to buy something from their site and ALX is to invest into the project

But what sence in this ALX tokens, if people would not be use them? For game, people will be using only ALA tokens  Huh

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
ugur2222

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:51:01 PM

Awesome that two already well known projects are launching this gaming distribution platform I will search it. it is interesting project
loup

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:02:14 PM

It is indeed very hard but not impossible to implement because MMO has several key factors that needs to be resolved such as latency, administration..etc.,  I guess no one wants to play games with lag issues. Smiley
I guess they have already think in all this issues and come with a solution. Otherwise it will be a huge mistake.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

A very interesting system you got there going with two tokens, I haven't seen anything like that yet. It should work for both people who have cryptocurrency and for those who don't. Looks really promising, I wonder how it will function in reality.
That is, theoretically, ALA will have a fixed rate. Which will not depend on anything, if I understand correctly. I don't see the point in creating a second coin if you can sell games directly for dollars or euros.

I also think that two tokens are misleading and pointless and I hope that they will change their mind
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:34:09 PM

50 k is pretty huge. With this number in such short time the ICO looks promising.
CryptoCutie

Merit: 131

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:48:35 PM

Press Releas of ALAX & Gioneeglobal. Are Leveraging Blockchain To Deliver Mobile Gaming Content To 50 Million Unbanked Users Across Asia.
https://www.newsbtc.com/press-releases/alax-gionee-partnership-brings-mobile-gaming-40-million-users-across-50-countries/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: