Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:38:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75314 times)
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:05:14 AM

More and more projects are going for two different tokens for various reasons, for example Spectre has one utility token and one dividends token

I have to say, I am not a fan of a two token system. And it makes it more complicated which prevents non crypto user from joining in my eyes.

Why? precisely that's why they have two token system, to make non crypto people more comfortable to use the platform.
A lot of our future customers will be just ordinary people who will want to buy a game. They do not know anything about crypto and maybe they even don't want to get involved in it. We have to have this in mind. It would be very stressful for them if they would buy some tokens one day and another day it would have totally different value. This could discourage them to switch from current methods of payments and that is something we definitely don't want to do.

Still these customers have to buy first the one token (A) with fiat to buy another token (B). And then on one point they will realize maybe the same situation, that they could have got more token (B) a week later for their (A) tokens or more (A) tokens for their fiat or whatever. I don't see where the situation is changing, just that they have to trade much more.
I think people will be able to buy ALA tokens directly with fiat or other payment options, because they said that people will get 20% discount if they buy ALA tokens with ALX.

But if you are giving people an discount if they go the hard way it is like you are trying to force people to go the hard way and then a lot of people probably don't even want to, if they are not used to crypto.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cevap

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:46:03 AM

More and more projects are going for two different tokens for various reasons, for example Spectre has one utility token and one dividends token

I have to say, I am not a fan of a two token system. And it makes it more complicated which prevents non crypto user from joining in my eyes.

Why? precisely that's why they have two token system, to make non crypto people more comfortable to use the platform.
A lot of our future customers will be just ordinary people who will want to buy a game. They do not know anything about crypto and maybe they even don't want to get involved in it. We have to have this in mind. It would be very stressful for them if they would buy some tokens one day and another day it would have totally different value. This could discourage them to switch from current methods of payments and that is something we definitely don't want to do.

Still these customers have to buy first the one token (A) with fiat to buy another token (B). And then on one point they will realize maybe the same situation, that they could have got more token (B) a week later for their (A) tokens or more (A) tokens for their fiat or whatever. I don't see where the situation is changing, just that they have to trade much more.
I think people will be able to buy ALA tokens directly with fiat or other payment options, because they said that people will get 20% discount if they buy ALA tokens with ALX.

But if you are giving people an discount if they go the hard way it is like you are trying to force people to go the hard way and then a lot of people probably don't even want to, if they are not used to crypto.

Not all the people are prepared to go the hard way like you said, spend their time just to save a small amount of money. Sometimes, its's just not worth it, everyone will decide for himself.

Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:58:44 AM

ALX tokes important part of the project which helps to connect crypto community with a mobile gaming community. Crypto people can buy ALX as an investment or exchange it for ALA to buy games or apps or sell it to customers who do. And customers not familiar with crypto don't have to get involved in it if they don't want. They will just use these tokens pegged to FIAT.

i think in the end it make sense, so you can get in everybody is interested in actually using the platform to make purchases and well speculators or crypto enthusiast as well
Then, what is the utility of ALX? It only serves to buy ALA tokens or it has some other utilities?

Its used to invest into the project not like ALA which only purpose is to buy games on their platform
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:07:36 AM

ALX tokes important part of the project which helps to connect crypto community with a mobile gaming community. Crypto people can buy ALX as an investment or exchange it for ALA to buy games or apps or sell it to customers who do. And customers not familiar with crypto don't have to get involved in it if they don't want. They will just use these tokens pegged to FIAT.

i think in the end it make sense, so you can get in everybody is interested in actually using the platform to make purchases and well speculators or crypto enthusiast as well
Then, what is the utility of ALX? It only serves to buy ALA tokens or it has some other utilities?

Its used to invest into the project not like ALA which only purpose is to buy games on their platform

You get a 20% discount when buying ALA with ALX and you can trade them. I guess there will be demand due to the discount.
Bolovich

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:19:03 AM

You get a 20% discount when buying ALA with ALX and you can trade them. I guess there will be demand due to the discount.
Thanks for the info. I thought the token ALX had more utilities beyond trading, now I have it clear.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:28:47 AM

I do not really understand the point in having two kinds of tokens. Why to complex even more the system? If the exchange rate between them will always be fixed, that's ok, but if not - I do not see the point in doing so
XCNP

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:42:23 AM

If second type of token was having limited supply, couldn't it be more usable as supply was going down after every cash out which was taking it to burn. This need of second token which is limited supply based made me little confuse and I have to go through deep understanding. We need simple economical systems not complex one which you need tutors to understands them.
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:52:48 AM

If second type of token was having limited supply, couldn't it be more usable as supply was going down after every cash out which was taking it to burn. This need of second token which is limited supply based made me little confuse and I have to go through deep understanding. We need simple economical systems not complex one which you need tutors to understands them.

As far as I understood, the second token will have an unlimited supply. Because like you said every time it's gonna be cashed out, it's gonna be burnt, so no point in limited supply.

omwibya

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:54:47 AM

As far as I understood, the second token will have an unlimited supply. Because like you said every time it's gonna be cashed out, it's gonna be burnt, so no point in limited supply.

I think this is getting more complicated then it should be. might put off some people.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 12:26:43 PM

I do not really understand the point in having two kinds of tokens. Why to complex even more the system? If the exchange rate between them will always be fixed, that's ok, but if not - I do not see the point in doing so

It is not complex at all.

You can buy with fiat or you can buy wilt alx tokens %20 more.

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:07:25 PM

ALAX is for users who willing to risk their money with fluctuations while ALA is for users who wants to get stable price. It's not complex at all.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:15:45 PM

ALAX is for users who willing to risk their money with fluctuations while ALA is for users who wants to get stable price. It's not complex at all.

You mean for traders, people wants to see price pumps but few who knows the art of trading benefits from price volatility not just some price pumps
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:20:05 PM

"In Gionee, we have an ideal partner to execute against this vision of delivering gaming content to end users, while enabling developers to monetize their hard work and passion.” Read more about our LoI with Gionee in an article by BlockchainGamerBiz.

multinova

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 01:46:39 PM

"In Gionee, we have an ideal partner to execute against this vision of delivering gaming content to end users, while enabling developers to monetize their hard work and passion.” Read more about our LoI with Gionee in an article by BlockchainGamerBiz.

This looks like a big deal. NEver heard about gionee, but then again i'm not from China or India.
Nevertheless, congratulations.. a userbase of 40 million isn't small.
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:15:50 PM

Matej Michalko, co-founder of ALAX attended the Blockchain Symposium conference in Seoul yesterday. When asked how is DCore better than Ethereum, he responded by comparing Ethereum to a blockchain Swiss knife, while DCore is more of a precise tool, a well-forged Sushi knife. In other words, if you want to go the way of mass production DCore would be a better fit. Read more about it in our blog.

king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:45:03 PM

Matej Michalko, co-founder of ALAX attended the Blockchain Symposium conference in Seoul yesterday. When asked how is DCore better than Ethereum, he responded by comparing Ethereum to a blockchain Swiss knife, while DCore is more of a precise tool, a well-forged Sushi knife. In other words, if you want to go the way of mass production DCore would be a better fit. Read more about it in our blog.

I always like it when projects attend conferences. It shows that they really have something to say.
sge99

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 03:25:34 PM

This looks like a big deal. NEver heard about gionee, but then again i'm not from China or India.
Nevertheless, congratulations.. a userbase of 40 million isn't small.

That's great news! Although not well known in Europe Gionee is quite a big smartphone producer in China. With so many users this partnership is a big step.

sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:31:32 PM

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/360/1*AfcHjgjYLoPBVKI7rrH4Kg.jpeg

I always like it when projects attend conferences. It shows that they really have something to say.

Attending conference is a part of the advertisement and it requires good knowledge from the team. Waiting for the news from the conference btw.
four199

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:39:42 PM

Is http://www.dragonflygame.com/ the correct website for Dragonfly? If yes, I see that they have also a VR game, you're going enter that market too?
This is the official website of it, you should look carefully, wish you success
catwangyu

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:53:05 PM

ready to have a look
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: