Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75316 times)
loup

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:37:42 AM

We need these kinds of projects to start using the new technologies of all these newer blockchains. It is good because it will really put them to the test. DECENT boasts 5 second blocks I think. That's awesome. But what happens when you have 20 million people logging their TETRIS scores on it while 30 million people are downloading The Angry Birds Blockchain Edition? We will see soon I hope.

Blockchain should be used only for transactions not for the content.

In my opinion if anyone will make in the future a blockchain based videogame, for example a MMORPG, where items are permanently stored into blocks, they should use a dedicated blockchain for one game, or else I don't see how it can work properly

I don't see the point why you should store a whole game on the blockchain. For games like MMORPGs a blockchain based payment system for the subscription and or purchases on a market etc would be far enough in my eyes.

What about character data like inventory and money? Could be a great advantage to account security as well
Many in a few years after evolving current blockchain technology it makes easier to do that. But nowadays I'm not sure if that will work properly.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:47:36 AM

We need these kinds of projects to start using the new technologies of all these newer blockchains. It is good because it will really put them to the test. DECENT boasts 5 second blocks I think. That's awesome. But what happens when you have 20 million people logging their TETRIS scores on it while 30 million people are downloading The Angry Birds Blockchain Edition? We will see soon I hope.

In my opinion if anyone will make in the future a blockchain based videogame, for example a MMORPG, where items are permanently stored into blocks, they should use a dedicated blockchain for one game, or else I don't see how it can work properly

I don't see the point why you should store a whole game on the blockchain. For games like MMORPGs a blockchain based payment system for the subscription and or purchases on a market etc would be far enough in my eyes.

What about character data like inventory and money? Could be a great advantage to account security as well
Many in a few years after evolving current blockchain technology it makes easier to do that. But nowadays I'm not sure if that will work properly.

The idea of storing inventory  and ingame money on the chain sounds interesting. Maybe it would be neough to just store the hash value of these data though. Blockchain bloating will become a huge problem otherwise.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 08:57:13 AM

when the ico will ends?
Its TGE, Start of the TGE is planned for Tuesday 17 April 2018, 10:30AM UTC. The duration of the ALAX TGE is 6 days. This means that the TGE ends on Monday, 23 April 2018 at 10:30AM UTC.
Btw The private TGE is already live.

How does one qualify for the private sale?
Only for contributors with 500+ ETH  Grin , just contact them if you want to contribute.

500+ Wow!

It is not that easy to come up with.

I know some private sale groups but still 500 eth!

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:27:29 AM

The idea of storing inventory  and ingame money on the chain sounds interesting. Maybe it would be neough to just store the hash value of these data though. Blockchain bloating will become a huge problem otherwise.
Using blockchain for other uses than storing money will give a massive problem. It won't be good for the whole cryptos world.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:38:30 AM

I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

Is there a percentage of the budget set aside for marketing? This is most often forgotten in crypto projects. Unfortunately!

According to the whitepaper, 20% of their budget will be dedicated to marketing, user acquisition and community outreach. And that's excluding partnerships.

loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:47:47 AM

I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

Is there a percentage of the budget set aside for marketing? This is most often forgotten in crypto projects. Unfortunately!

According to the whitepaper, 20% of their budget will be dedicated to marketing, user acquisition and community outreach. And that's excluding partnerships.
Seeing the markte they want to target it doesn't have too much sende to start with iOS. They could launch the platform in iOS after success in Android.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:48:30 AM

Using blockchain for other uses than storing money will give a massive problem. It won't be good for the whole cryptos world.

The blockchain size would get too big very fast. There are solutions to this problem such as pruning the chain but we will see how the tech evolves.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:11:49 AM

Duping items and scam people are a part of many RPG, aRPG, MMORPG, if you can track an item's lifecycle from the very moment it drop to a moment before your trade, I bet that scammers and dupers will have a difficult life

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:58:15 PM

Seeing the markte they want to target it doesn't have too much sende to start with iOS. They could launch the platform in iOS after success in Android.

But I guess if they launch an IOS platform, where there is a high probability of users buying up in Apple Store instead of ALAX platform because Apple devices may have some issues if the apps did not came from Apple store, so it would be useless effort to do so.

They are not planning to launch an iOS platform at all because iOS isn't very popular amongst the people they are focusing on. Or did they change their mind?
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 02:24:32 PM
Merited by Makkara (4)

I checked the readpaper again and i find a piece that is important and i missed before:

"Game developer
After integrating the ALAX SDK into their app, the developers have a number of advantages.
ALAX will take care of distributing their game through the existing pre-installed channels.
After each transaction ALA tokens are transferred to the developer’s account. The obtained ALA
tokens can be used by the developer in a variety of ways: As a reward for the players to motivate
them, for marketing purposes or it can be transferred to FIAT and paid out. "

The thing is alax making the distrubition and transfering funds to developer account is probably will draw lots of game developers to alax ecosystem. And if game developers starts to use alax, gamers will follow them of course. This is really a great feature.

belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:49:01 PM

Sometimes it is difficult to pass knowledge and potential simply by design, scope, but after presenting materials we always have the power to predict their success, with each game developed, it will certainly draw more attention to the platform, and this leaves me with hope of which will be a continuous and gradual growth.
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:54:35 PM

But I guess if they launch an IOS platform, where there is a high probability of users buying up in Apple Store instead of ALAX platform because Apple devices may have some issues if the apps did not came from Apple store, so it would be useless effort to do so.

They are not planning to launch an iOS platform at all because iOS isn't very popular amongst the people they are focusing on. Or did they change their mind?

they're not? I must've missed that. anyway it's probably a good idea to focus on android, at least for now.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:20:55 PM

I checked the readpaper again and i find a piece that is important and i missed before:

"Game developer
After integrating the ALAX SDK into their app, the developers have a number of advantages.
ALAX will take care of distributing their game through the existing pre-installed channels.
After each transaction ALA tokens are transferred to the developer’s account. The obtained ALA
tokens can be used by the developer in a variety of ways: As a reward for the players to motivate

The thing is alax making the distrubition and transfering funds to developer account is probably will draw lots of game developers to alax ecosystem. And if game developers starts to use alax, gamers will follow them of course. This is really a great feature.

If they will able to attract some popular games then gamers will take a look to Alax, but that's not as easy as you think.
We've seen some indie games go very popular in the past, so we'll see

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
ctgrana92

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:23:58 PM

Nice Coin
Hullo

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:27:45 PM

They have well known partner actively doing good business already which Dragon Fly and people related to games as developers or players know them. Decent on the other hand has gotten popularity and recognition as digital content distributed in future using DCore platform. This opportunity for small investors is approaching fast in few hours.
cryptobaro

Activity: 1120
Merit: 200

Turkish Translator

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:35:31 PM

I love gaming and blockchain. When they are combined, they improve each other

1881 - 193∞
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

"Game developer

If they will able to attract some popular games then gamers will take a look to Alax, but that's not as easy as you think.
We've seen some indie games go very popular in the past, so we'll see

Alax would already have distribution and money transfer taken care of, but established developers also probably already have figured it out, so besides that, Alax needs something else to attract established game developers.

ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:37:24 PM

No we didn't Smiley We still plan to focus on Android and there are no plans for iOS version for now.

sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:45:44 PM

I love gaming and blockchain. When they are combined, they improve each other

True, gaming and blockchain can be a good combination. I wish alax will be success with this platform.
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

Google play does not have very strong position on China's market and as we are going to focus on unbanked people - Google play is not much of a competition for us since you need a credit/debit card if you want to buy app/game there. There is a lot of other competitors but none of them is using the blockchain - they are using mobile network operators to process the payments and they have really high fees (30 - 70% from the price of the app). Therefore we think we have a really good chance to succeed since we will have better price and we are focusing on the unbanked segment of customers.

How much fees you will charge from every apps sale?  And how you will promote your store? You will focus on China market?

The exact height of the fees has not been decided yet but the main goal is to be much cheaper than other ways of paying for the game. There may be just fee for exchanging ALA for FIAT which can be done only by game developers (so not directly for every game purchase).  But those are things that may change since there has not been made a final decision about them.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: