Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75306 times)
neolinkhati
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Premium

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:31:03 PM

ALAX, the blockchain-based app platform allowing access to unbanked consumers, begins Token Generation Event

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CHRISBIN702

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279

My blockchain can beat up your blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 01:53:42 AM

I was thinking about the KYC on this project and the targeted demographic. I keep seeing the term "unbanked" being used a lot. My concern is, KYC requires not only identification but also proof of residency. The proof of residency requires a utility bill in the party's name with a matching address.... See where I'm going with this? Most utility companies require some form of debit or credit or pay a large deposit. I think a lot of your target audience will not be able to pass KYC because they probably don't have utilities turned on on their name. Might want to think of offering a solution ahead of time, before this becomes an issue. Otherwise, you might find yourself making a lot of refunds.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
yomikiyao

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:02:39 AM

The alax ico performing not that bad, more than 2 millions $ raised and maybe it’s just a start. There is also no soft cap, so no matter what token will be distributed and the team will try to developp the project with the amount raised.
Yes, the game industry is booming. I believe ALAX can play its creative talents. Actively explore business.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:04:31 AM

Yes, the game industry is booming. I believe ALAX can play its creative talents. Actively explore business.
In my opinion, the ALAX project will entirely change the gaming industry. Let's wait and see ALAX's products, which will change the gaming industry.

To change the gaming industry they need to concern indie developers not only big studios. Most addictive indicative games are from indie studio and devs
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:36:16 AM

In my opinion, the ALAX project will entirely change the gaming industry. Let's wait and see ALAX's products, which will change the gaming industry.

To change the gaming industry they need to concern indie developers not only big studios. Most addictive indicative games are from indie studio and devs

i agree big companies dictates their way and don't have any interest in changing the paradigm. Beside the indie market with high quality game is booming since the tools necessary to build games are becoming easier and easier.

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:00:36 AM

i agree big companies dictates their way and don't have any interest in changing the paradigm. Beside the indie market with high quality game is booming since the tools necessary to build games are becoming easier and easier.

Its not only about the accessibility of tools, i think its more about brave and new concepts that indie developers are not afraid to use.
traveler007

Activity: 840

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:14:24 AM

I was thinking about the KYC on this project and the targeted demographic. I keep seeing the term "unbanked" being used a lot. My concern is, KYC requires not only identification but also proof of residency. The proof of residency requires a utility bill in the party's name with a matching address.... See where I'm going with this? Most utility companies require some form of debit or credit or pay a large deposit. I think a lot of your target audience will not be able to pass KYC because they probably don't have utilities turned on on their name. Might want to think of offering a solution ahead of time, before this becomes an issue. Otherwise, you might find yourself making a lot of refunds.

Yes. Now almost all project requied KYC for ICO. But passport this is one case and proof of residency - another. It's too much requirements I think.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:06:20 AM

Yes. Now almost all project requied KYC for ICO. But passport this is one case and proof of residency - another. It's too much requirements I think.

my thoughts exactly. crypto is supposed to be anonymous , not require proof of residency and address.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:23:43 AM

Before i will buy this, just one quick question about the kyc... Is national ID ok or should it be a passport? And what kind of proof of residence should i provide if i don't get any utility bills, bank statements energy provider bills to my address?

Depends on where are you from. So far it seems that the KYC software can read only latin characters. Passports always have everything written in Latin characters as well but if you have an ID with Latin characters it should be sufficient.  Wink

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:37:34 AM

In case of our KYC, the sufficient proof of residency is an ID or Passport with your address. The uploading of another document is only optional - you do not have to do it. Also - very important is to state the fact, that we have two target groups - unbanked people and crypto community. Most of the unbanked people do not have any crypto and also don't want to have anything with it or just don't have any/enough information about it. So we are don't really expecting them to participate in the TGE. They are an important segment of the final product - ALAX app store. And they do not need to have any crypto to be able to use it (that is part of the reason why we have two tokens).

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:09:30 AM

Beside all technicism i think is a good thing we are starting to go in a direction where KYC is required, is time for crypto to leave the "far west phase"

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:43:53 AM

I think not every KYC needs an utility bill, as far as I know. In fact, all KYCs I made so far, in crypto and not in crypto, never asked for a bill or something like that.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:51:03 AM

Beside all technicism i think is a good thing we are starting to go in a direction where KYC is required, is time for crypto to leave the "far west phase"
As I always mentioned in an other thread, it would make more sense, that the company makes the KYC (Know Your Company  Cheesy ), not the investor.
The reason is simple, because only investors can loose money, if the ICO is scam.
There is no possibility, that an investor can scam an ICO.
I'm aware, that the KYC is made for reasons of money laundering, but from the view of who has to be protected, the company should make the KYC, rather than the investor.
So I still like to invest anonymously, but unfortunately that soon will be a thing of the past.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:18:16 AM

I think not every KYC needs an utility bill, as far as I know. In fact, all KYCs I made so far, in crypto and not in crypto, never asked for a bill or something like that.

I made countless KYC some asks for an utlility bill some ask only an id. Some asks information like you are trying to be a citizen of USA.

I hope Alax's will be one of the easy ones.

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:02:40 AM

why not just do ico with fiat, transfer money through bank accounts that will be more convenient and safe
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:10:30 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 11:20:51 AM by ALAX_io

Our Co-founder Kalvin Feng presented ALAX at Blockchain Technology and Application conference in Beijing on March 30-31. Our Chinese speakers can watch the video record from the conference here.

Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:13:03 AM

Both documents are far too much asked for in my opinion. Anonymity is the key of the blockchain. No project should ask for a valid ID or passport
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:16:01 AM

my thoughts exactly. crypto is supposed to be anonymous , not require proof of residency and address.

Nothing is anonymous anymore, we have so much technology nowadays that almost impossible to stay anonymous.

Jepli

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:32:25 AM

Our Co-founder Kalvin Feng presented ALAX at Blockchain Technology and Application conference in Beijing on March 30-31. Our Chinese speakers can watch the video record from the conference here.

I guess the team is working tirelessly to promote the project and I'm very optimistic this could be a game changer in the ASIAN region!

turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:54:22 AM

Yes, this can be the key point and an opportunity for ALAX to make it happens. ALAX has a potential to be the steam for mobile games and has a big community on it.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: