Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 2331 times)
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:50:23 AM

I don't know his actual identity. But he is a great figure who helped too many of us. He is the main reason that we re all here gathered in this community. He is the first man that looked out of the box and created a cryptocurrency that will the world evolve one day. Personally, i don't care who he is. All that i know, is that he has my all of respects .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cimanu

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:52:42 AM

The Russian news once said that behind this pseudonym lies a group of American programmers-agents.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:54:13 AM

He is the creator of bitcoin, someone intelligent and seem to have the appropriate expertise as an expert on Cryptography.

There's one evident cryptographic foolishness in bitcoin's original proposal that makes me think Satoshi cannot be a brilliant cryptographer.  In the original bitcoin protocol, even though Satoshi explained correctly that Elliptic Curve signatures are much more compact in bytes than the equivalent RSA style signatures, he nevertheless makes people sign by giving their FULL public key AND their signature.  Now, any good cryptographer knows that you can restore the full public key in ECC from half of it (plus one bit).  There was no reason to waste half of the room with the full key.
(technically, the full key is a pair of numbers (x,y).  But if you know x, there are only two y possible: y1 and y2, which are easily calculable.  If you want to be compact, you only transmit x and one bit - but even that is not needed, because we know the hash of the full key (in the previous output we're spending.  If you just give x, you calculate y1, you see if the hash fits.  If it does, it is (x,y1).  If not, you calculate the other y2, you see if the hash fits.  If it does, it is (x,y2).  If not, the public key is not the right one).
Every professional cryptographer, and certainly Nick Szabo, knows that.  There's strictly no need to waste block chain space by giving x and y.  You waste 32 bytes for nothing.  But even more.  If you give an ECC signature, and you know the original signed document, you can DERIVE the public key from the document that was signed and the signature.  So there is not even a reason to publish the key: you can derive it from the signature.  Another 32 bytes wasted.  Nick Szabo knows this.  He wouldn't have wasted 64 bytes for nothing on the block chain for every input, claiming he wanted to make it compact.

watervo1999

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:55:12 AM

The mystery will take us from the Land of the Rising Sun all the way across the world to a small Californian town named Temple City and then back across the Pacific Ocean to an Australian doctor.

The now iconic white paper, which was published on networking P2P Foundation, said the elusive Nakamoto lived in Japan and was born in 1975.

But when the world's media thought they had found their Satoshi Nakamoto in 2014 - he was a computer engineer living in Temple City in Los Angeles County.

And while the Japanese-American man, named Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto, firmly denied he was the shadowy force behind the infamous cryptocurrency - the plot continued to thicken.

It soon emerged that computer scientist Hal Finney, who was the recipient of the first Bitcoin transaction, lived a "few blocks" from the seemingly-oblivious Nakamoto.  Smiley Smiley

racheljk

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:56:54 AM

I think that a group of coders is behind creating it
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:57:52 AM

can it be the original name of a person but all this time I know that the figure sathosi nakamoto it has never existed and if there is also until now not known, the beredara is a pseudonym, he claimed to be the creator of bitcoin but it is also not clear
Gingsa

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:02:54 AM

Well for me Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of bitcoin that is very popular in the world right now. He is very unknown and very mysterious until now. Thanks to him some of us is now rich, had a successful life because of bitcoin.
Jerylo

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:04:28 AM

Nakamto it is invited by the biticoin he is most population by the  public provider
Rappyboy

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:16:51 AM

Satoshi nakamoto is the registered maker of bitcoin, nobody knows who he is, and some people believe he is not just a single person hence a team, some believe he originated in japan because of the name and some believe he is from US.
posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:06:09 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto  is a brilliant founder of the digital Cryptocurrency called Bitcoin. His master piece of work which have beat the imagination of many , have left a a challenge to the world for the search of this Genius called Satoshi Nakamoto. He have decided to keep his identity secret, not just for himself alone but for all those who are involved for the success of this cryptocurrency. There were some speculation concerning him that he mostly focus on Cryptograghy and computer science experts, but with all these and others, his real identity still remain unknown as the founder of Bitcoin.
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:13:23 AM

If Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of bitcoin and several hundred of people has become millionaire through him yet he's unknown to many people then he must be an angel from God to liberate people from poverty. But on a litter mood is either he's dead or over aged
joanshu

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:13:53 AM

Satoshi nakamoto is believed to be the father of bitcoins .It was the user name created by the real make of this blockchain technology and bitcoins the real creator of the bitcoin tech used his user name as Satoshi . Some years ago a person named Craig came up and said to the media that he is the real Satoshi and that time nobody trusted him and all were asking him to prove that he is the real creator. I still believe Craig to be the real creator of this digital coin hats off to him for his great work.
marydale

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Equitybase

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:19:31 AM

Naaaaahh.. some people don't wish to become popular.
They love to stay private and live a happy bountiful life! Heheh
Or who knows, maybe Satoshi Nakamoto is one of the moderators in this forum..or the guy who started asking who satoshi is?
Hehehe

equitybase (https://equitybase.co): Crypto Real Estate Exchange
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

no one knows who the real satoshi nakamoto is
but I guess satoshi nakamoto is a bunch of people who have a brilliant idea in the currency revolution
it is impossible for me that bitcoin is designed and created by one person

yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:59:41 AM

Well obviously no one knows... or very few people know (I still think that there are a couple original bitcoiners on this forum who are 99% sure that they know who Satoshi is).

Whats your favourite theory?

Mine is that it was John Nash   Roll Eyes

Please provide some proof for your theories. Would love to look into them!

I wonder how many people have already asked the same question? Probably, millions of them. I think this is the nickname of a group of people, who created Bitcoin. Watch this stuff for fun, and you can get another answer as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5JlBJ1Ia_4
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

We will never know who he is, he wants his identity to be private and we ahould all respect it.

We shouls just be thankful for starting crypto currency as we are given more opportunities earn extra.
It is more than 9 years since bitcoin has been created and from that time Satoshi Nakamoto has remained a mystery. Who is he, where he lives, is he a single person or a group of people. No one really knows and I also think that no one would ever know. It is a super private sort of thing like you said. Bitcoin is going to be known by people without getting any knowledge of its creator.
bitcoinorcash

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:51:54 AM

Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? i think he is the founder of bitcoin forum so he is already rich right now, but be careful what you doing on your account because if youre gonna copy and paste your post its can possibility your account was banned. the founder knows if you have alot of bitcoin maybe he will set up you too 0 percent if you are a cheater in this bitcoin forum, so dont cheat.  Roll Eyes
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:58:09 AM

Its very annoying that this question is always asked in this forum. You, yourself knows about bitcoin and you are asking who is satoshi nakamoto and at the end you will answer it? Its a complete nonsense that you are asking this if you already know the answer. All know that nobody knows who is satoshi nakamoto. This has been answered many times already so I hope all will stop asking who is satoshi nakamoto.  Cool

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:25:43 PM

i think satoshi nakamoto is a first developer in bitcoin...
Loll ... Everyone knows him, but they never find an answer to this mystery. I've heard that he is an Australian and uses a pseudonym.
Ignore it, even I'm not very interested in him, he will probably be the richest man in the World
Selbit

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:35:07 PM

According to my research he is the creator of bitcoin. Omly few people knew hes real identity and also he, is the world’s most elusive billionaire (worth more than $7B as of November 2017).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: