Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:13:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Upgrade  (Read 34952 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:02:58 PM
Merited by Mitchell (5), TheQuin (1)

You are mostly a bounty hunter in the altcoin section so I will ask you to look at the answer I gave to Duminda58031 above. I also want to help you with something specific.

I see you’re from Indonesia. In the thread, Re: what will you do if your country bans bitcoins?

You replied, “with the bitcoin I have, I will move my assets to the nearest safe state. and to popular global exchange. so that later will be easy to use when needed, and still be used as usual.”

Bank Indonesia head of transformation Onny Widjanarko said, “merchants are not to accept Bitcoin as an official payment instrument as the bank would not be responsible for any losses incurred through transactions.”
Bank Indonesia plans to issue a regulation prohibiting transactions using Bitcoin.

Your country is in turmoil over using crypto right now. Hopefully, that will change in the future. For now, don’t keep your cryptocurrency, of any kind, on any exchange for safe keeping. Exchanges have historically proven to be untrustworthy and you can lose everything you have worked so hard to build up. Keep it locally on a computer under your exclusive control. Or better yet, learn how to print a paper wallet and store that somewhere very safe.

Good luck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tanoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:40:00 PM

You are mostly a bounty hunter in the altcoin section so I will ask you to look at the answer I gave to Duminda58031 above. I also want to help you with something specific.

I see you’re from Indonesia. In the thread, Re: what will you do if your country bans bitcoins?

You replied, “with the bitcoin I have, I will move my assets to the nearest safe state. and to popular global exchange. so that later will be easy to use when needed, and still be used as usual.”

Bank Indonesia head of transformation Onny Widjanarko said, “merchants are not to accept Bitcoin as an official payment instrument as the bank would not be responsible for any losses incurred through transactions.”
Bank Indonesia plans to issue a regulation prohibiting transactions using Bitcoin.

Your country is in turmoil over using crypto right now. Hopefully, that will change in the future. For now, don’t keep your cryptocurrency, of any kind, on any exchange for safe keeping. Exchanges have historically proven to be untrustworthy and you can lose everything you have worked so hard to build up. Keep it locally on a computer under your exclusive control. Or better yet, learn how to print a paper wallet and store that somewhere very safe.

Good luck

yes, I'm. and it is a fact in my country. however, we are still waiting for the best decision from the government.
bt the way thanks for your advice, and unfortunately I lost 20 of my merit.  Cheesy Cheesy
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:38:21 PM

I agree with this approach. [...]

I hope you invested QuestionAuthority as a source, because he rightly deserves to be one.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:44:55 PM

I agree with this approach. [...]

I hope you invested QuestionAuthority as a source, because he rightly deserves to be one.

Thanks, nice of you to say but I don’t think I would like that because it would bring unwanted attention to me.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:26:33 PM

Dude, excellent thread and excellent move taking people apart.

We need more people like you in this place

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:36:06 PM

Dude, excellent thread and excellent move taking people apart.

We need more people like you in this place

Thanks, nice of you to say. I prefer to think of it as helping people out though. LOL

Mrnat

Activity: 151
Merit: 101

Believe in Yourself, Do Magic, Be the Magic!

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:44:32 PM

I would like to be tested QA, anytime you would have time for that definitely,
PS: Does not make a big difference for me now raising in rank or not, better let action speak by themselves.
I´m here for the long term and want to test my actual understanding
Trow me any question..
Thanks for your time Wink

Let’s start with this: Lead me to some of your older posts that you feel good about, when you realized you liked bitcoin and you want to be here because you want to know more. Paste links in the thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2147699.msg21501337#msg21501337

I looked at that post and checked around your other posts and your’re an altcoin person. I’m not handling that. There’s a guy in that section that is awarding merit for altcoin supporters.

The thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2833111.msg29044855#msg29044855

Hehehhe, i knew you would say something like that,
Show me anywhere where i asked you for merits points?
Assuming things without having the confirmation is not a sign of wisdom, with all respect buddy.
Altcoins? What can i talk about bitcoin when everytime people is not able to agree of a simple issue regarding the network limit, i not pro bcash so you don't start assuming again, either im pro segwit or segwit2x, it's better a offchain scale than onchain? Both have problems, what would Satoshi do? This things have been talked for aged here with no concrete solution, sometimes people age or field doesn't count too much you know...
So read again my question without assuming, if you have a good question trow it, if not just skip this message.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:44:27 PM

I would like to be tested QA, anytime you would have time for that definitely,
PS: Does not make a big difference for me now raising in rank or not, better let action speak by themselves.
I´m here for the long term and want to test my actual understanding
Trow me any question..
Thanks for your time Wink

Let’s start with this: Lead me to some of your older posts that you feel good about, when you realized you liked bitcoin and you want to be here because you want to know more. Paste links in the thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2147699.msg21501337#msg21501337

I looked at that post and checked around your other posts and your’re an altcoin person. I’m not handling that. There’s a guy in that section that is awarding merit for altcoin supporters.

The thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2833111.msg29044855#msg29044855

Hehehhe, i knew you would say something like that,
Show me anywhere where i asked you for merits points?
Assuming things without having the confirmation is not a sign of wisdom, with all respect buddy.
Altcoins? What can i talk about bitcoin when everytime people is not able to agree of a simple issue regarding the network limit, i not pro bcash so you don't start assuming again, either im pro segwit or segwit2x, it's better a offchain scale than onchain? Both have problems, what would Satoshi do? This things have been talked for aged here with no concrete solution, sometimes people age or field doesn't count too much you know...
So read again my question without assuming, if you have a good question trow it, if not just skip this message.

Oh, my bad. I thought you wanted to apply for merit because that’s the only reason to post in this thread and you asked me to question you. I don’t want to waste the space by playing a game with you here. It is good to have this seen by others though. Maybe it will keep down the off topic posts. Thanks

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:02:41 PM

What i have understood upto now is that Merit system had just made all the ranking system very complex, i think it was not required to be honest, now that it is implemented i think merit button should be provided right below each post so that it can be used more, it should be a prominent button, just like fb has Like button and reddit has upvote, so that relevant and proper posts should easily earn merit points, im regular poster what i have experienced about this system is that these points are hard to get, since this system has been implemented i have made around 20-30 posts but have not received even a single Merit point that just goes to show that it will not be easy to earn for average forum posters. So please atleast make it easy to earn if it cannot be changed or removed. Thank you!

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:13:59 PM

What i have understood upto now is that Merit system had just made all the ranking system very complex, i think it was not required to be honest, now that it is implemented i think merit button should be provided right below each post so that it can be used more, it should be a prominent button, just like fb has Like button and reddit has upvote, so that relevant and proper posts should easily earn merit points, im regular poster what i have experienced about this system is that these points are hard to get, since this system has been implemented i have made around 20-30 posts but have not received even a single Merit point that just goes to show that it will not be easy to earn for average forum posters. So please atleast make it easy to earn if it cannot be changed or removed. Thank you!

I’ve seen a lot of people bitching about not getting merit around the forum when this system just started. I’m going to respond to you with the intent of helping them understand too.

I’ve been here since November 18, 2012 as QuestionAuthority and since the beginning of 2011 as CornedBeefHash. I’ve been here more than 7 years. I’ve been here so long that my computers spell check auto corrects to member names that aren’t even here anymore. I swear to god, if I try to type organize one more time and this stupid computer replaces that with organofcorti I’m going to set it on fire. The merit system has been in place for a few days. Would you really expect people that have been here for three quarters of a decade to rank you up in a couple of days?

I want to help people that I see were unduly hurt by the merit system to rank up but I don’t expect it to be fast. I don’t expect everyone to make 20-30 posts and receive merit for all of them or any of them unless they are really good or add something to the discussion. If you are here long enough you will gain rank. Rank status is meaningless for anyone not using this forum as a paycheck anyway. You can still travel around the forum having meaningful discussions with everyone here as a Sr. Member. That is, after all, what forums are really supposed to be used for anyway. I don’t help altcoin people anyway so posting in this thread won’t help you. There is a link in this thread for someone helping alt people.

sapta
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1206

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:52:58 AM

This is very cool of you, QA. I've also started this approach in my Local Sub and maybe share the result later. I hope this kind of act will encourage people to stop spamming and start to understand Bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:24:15 PM

This is very cool of you, QA. I've also started this approach in my Local Sub and maybe share the result later. I hope this kind of act will encourage people to stop spamming and start to understand Bitcoin.

Thanks, that’s really great of you to start that in a local. I’ve wondered how local sub people were going to rank up with limited visibility.

I really do think this system can help people start wanting to be here for the right reasons. The funny thing that I’ve learned from this forum about arguments, debates, trolling, civil discussions and questions from newbies is that they all make forum members become engaged. They cause people to learn and grow organically inside of a specific knowledge sphere. I frequent a thread about religion and troll the crap out of it. I’ve learned more about people and religion from being in that thread than I could ever learn about religion from a book. I think this system will force people to become engaged in conversations and learn whether they want to or not.

Lead me to your thread when you start it and I will merit the thread to bring attention to it.  

sapta
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1206

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:20:10 PM

I’ve wondered how local sub people were going to rank up with limited visibility.

They seem stressed when theymos announced this system as most of them came here for the campaigns, bounties, etc. But with this approach, other local member and I finally got to know people who actually pretty knowledgeable about Bitcoin, trading, mining, etc.

I really do think this system can help people start wanting to be here for the right reasons. The funny thing that I’ve learned from this forum about arguments, debates, trolling, civil discussions and questions from newbies is that they all make forum members become engaged. They cause people to learn and grow organically inside of a specific knowledge sphere. I frequent a thread about religion and troll the crap out of it. I’ve learned more about people and religion from being in that thread than I could ever learn about religion from a book. I think this system will force people to become engaged in conversations and learn whether they want to or not.

Exactly. There are people already posted and PM'd me their posts to be reviewed and some of them are just ANN translations. I told them that kind of post doesn't really help and they finally asked me back about what kind of post should they send. Even if I don't give them hints, I think they will start to learn about Bitcoin and finally jump into a discussion they understand.

Lead me to your thread when you start it and I will merit the thread to bring attention to it.

I knew this thread from this guy's thread and he's doing the same. I decided to post on that thread instead of creating a new one to avoid confusion. So, you can merit that thread instead.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:36:14 PM

I knew this thread from this guy's thread and he's doing the same. I decided to post on that thread instead of creating a new one to avoid confusion. So, you can merit that thread instead.
Done

by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:54:30 PM

Vaow.
I started a thread before your topic with the same purpose. But I created it on my local forum. I am trying to push to new Turkish BTT Users for quality messages.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2820637
Smiley

signature not found.
youcansee

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:14:27 PM

Hello sir,
I share my experience with other users so as not to be fooled into a fake airdrop bounty.
and I made it in my local forum
can you take the time to give an assessment?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838438.msg29115212#msg29115212

Thanks before Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:19:33 PM

Vaow.
I started a thread before your topic with the same purpose. But I created it on my local forum. I am trying to push to new Turkish BTT Users for quality messages.
Smiley

That’s great! I like seeing that the local subs are represented. I read that you require original content and technical content when selecting comments/messages. That’s a great addition. I see you already have lots of support for it. If you need assistance, let me know.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Hello sir,
I share my experience with other users so as not to be fooled into a fake airdrop bounty.
and I made it in my local forum
can you take the time to give an assessment?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838438.msg29115212#msg29115212

Thanks before Smiley

I don’t really speak that language so I can’t tell exactly what your saying. You have a local mod that would be better equipped to help you with that assessment. Thanks for trying to help out the members of your local sub.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:33:46 PM

Make an sticky thread either in meta or here for anybody who needs to rank up but doesn't have enough merits, if they haven't received merits, they could request for a review by merit sources, you could then read their posts and give them merits.

Any body who feels like asking for merits is a ridiculous idea, there is no way for merit sources to read all the posts of every body, but if they could see that you are requesting for it, if you deserve it, you will get enough merits to rank up.
If you are Bitcoiner or not, you should be treated the same.

🖤😏
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:40:10 PM

Vaow.
Smiley

That’s great! I like seeing that the local subs are represented. I read that you require original content and technical content when selecting comments/messages. That’s a great addition. I see you already have lots of support for it. If you need assistance, let me know.

Thank you for good wishes and offers.
Your job is harder than mine because you are dealing with a lot of users. Smiley

signature not found.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: