Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:53:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAKE ICOs Bounties. What to do?  (Read 6400 times)
steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:05:39 PM

In cases like fake bounties, there is no better cure than prevention. So you must prevent yourself from getting scammed. Tips not to fall for this fake bounties is first you got to review the background of the project, its team, goal, and is it likely to succeed or to failed.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

As a newbie, it is difficult to distinguish fake ICOs from not. Familiarization takes time. The easiest way of knowing if the ICO you are involved is authentic is by its campaign manager. There are popular campaign managers here, and like what I said earlier, familiarizing them takes time. You can research on your own or ask feedbacks from people, or you can use websites like icobench and icorating to see whether the ICO you are about to join is legitimate. If I were you, as a newbie, I would not risk joining freshly created ICOs because you won't have any reference. Join an ICO that is famous and have good reviews.  

Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:14:19 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?

Look through the site, the forum threads, ask some questions on Altcoin discussion is Announcement section (find that exact token thread there) and use side sites like icoholder.com (not 100% reliable but still fine).

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yana_M1

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:27:08 PM

You don't. Simply, you continue to participate in more projects - some of them will bring you profit, part of it will scam. This is a risky business. Cool
RENTMONEY

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:30:54 PM

I am in the same situation as you OP.

I am new to cryptocurrency and even newer to ICO and bounties. I wrote blogs for 4-5 different campaigns. Other then the blogs I put  significant effort into only 3 campaigns. Two of which are looking scammy. I been an affiliate in the past so I looked for campaigns that offer sign up bonuses.  I brought 50 - 500 + sign ups each to these three different projects. The amount is so vast between the sign ups due to me drastically reducing my efforts of signing people up.

I still have my fingers crossed that they all end up being legit. I hate to think I helped sign up a bunch of people to a scam site but the reality is, I might have.

I don't think there is a way to be sure an ICO or bounty program is legit. Do the work and hope to get paid is what it looks like to me. For the time being I am going to see what happens with these projects before I decide to continue with other Bounty / ICO "opportunities".

[/center]
Bank 4YOU Group ▪ Mobile Money for 2,000,000,000 unbanked people ▪ ICO LIVE! (https://bank4you.io/)
saiteja01

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:32:01 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?
There are many be careful. check their team and the way they are interacting with all their clients. And go through their whitepaper once.
karasuri

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:53:59 PM

If you in one of and you have to work without giving, so, just forget about this project and that's it. for another situation then it is impossible to say for sure.
Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:57:27 PM

This is the risk of joining an altcoin bounty campaign, you will promote their ICO then they turned to scam and you will ended up with nothing. Just keep trying, reading some articles, reviews and blogs will help you to choose what is a good ICO to join.
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:58:24 PM

Before applying a campaign be sure to check the backround of Community manager if he always paid on time, sometimes i don't depend on them i calculate the bounty allocation given by project developer.
tronj

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:59:22 PM

There are many signs of fraudulent ICO and Airdrops. In time, you will learn to pinpoint them.
See first of all whether there is a project working product, as well as past achievements and reputation of the project team
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:03:47 PM

Unfortunately, these situations will always be around.  There's really nothing you can do but learn from it and be more aware of the red flags when involved with a potentially fake ICO.  There are also situations where you won't be paid from a legit ICO that does not meet their soft cap requirements.   
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:09:20 PM
Merited by whirlcoin (2)

Yes, nowadays many of the bounties are just scam projects but you are lucky enough you got them at early stages.But you need to read about their white paper to know about the project,the project with no clear future vision are them scam ones.
I suggest you to join the bounties which are running by the reputed managers because they already done researching about that project so the chance for scam is less.But I think newbie rank is not enough to participate on signature campaign so upgrade yourself as a member with quality posts for better earnings.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:18:47 PM

Yes, nowadays many of the bounties are just scam projects but you are lucky enough you got them at early stages.But you need to read about their white paper to know about the project,the project with no clear future vision are them scam ones.
I suggest you to join the bounties which are running by the reputed managers because they already done researching about that project so the chance for scam is less.But I think newbie rank is not enough to participate on signature campaign so upgrade yourself as a member with quality posts for better earnings.
Agree with this,the chances of less scams when we participate in the campaigns which are running by the well known campaign managers.Because they won't support the scam projeck for the sake of money.
But we also try to learn more about that project before promoting them then it will give us more knowledge about finding good ICOs in future.
cryptomeo

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:25:20 PM

I saw many recognized a reputable bounty manager is a prerequisite on the credibility of an ICO. I don't dispute that. But it still doesn't guarantee anything. I even experienced huge name ICOs failed to honour their bounty giveouts. Nonetheless, you need to do your own research and take your chances. I participated in many bounties, the failure rate are actually quite high. Some might failed or outride scams. But the good things are you can trake part in many bounties, so spread out the risk. The reward are still quite good.

I have few personal metrics on ICO bounty,
I normally skip if,
- The ICO doesn't show any team detail or photos
- The team consists of members come from the same country
- no advisors
- no whitepapers
- no roadmap
- lousy website
- really badly written whitepapers
Above are just my personal opinions

Tinna25

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:27:42 PM

most people see a trusted manager, a project has a clear purpose, a roadmap, a whitelist, a clear whitepaper.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:28:08 PM

First looking who is the bounty manager, check their community chat active or not , follow their pre-sale or ICO news and contribute progress , just leave that bounty campaign if you think it's a scam project , don't waste time anymore , you also can't don anything , it's just like free work for them
tutchpa

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

CV proof..best project 2018

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:29:08 PM

cryptocurency is a developing field day by day and there are so many newbies join to this field daily.thats why so many scam projects are introducing every day for steal their money.newbies dont have much experience and they spend money for that shit project and lost their career with negative profits. so it is very important to choose correct ICO/bounty before invest or participate.you should learn to do a proper research before investing on a ICO.as a example i would like to introduce a good famous project?ico called CVProof .its a very good project with a different concept which connected with job market.CVproof allows companies to easily verify - and in a cost-effective way - whether an applicant holds the validated career credentials needed for the role. It is the first digital CV platform to guarantee full integrity around the credentials at each major career milestone.you can see this concept.its a very different concept with high potential of success .aslo other important thing is the team. dont forget to study the team behind the project before invest.cvproof team is lead by Ray chow as a CEO and founder.so it will end up with success definitely.
good luck with future ICO s

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS   ◆   [Join ICO Now]   ◆   Whitepaper / ANN Thread   ◆   TFSTL
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:39:45 PM

In cases like fake bounties, there is no better cure than prevention. So you must prevent yourself from getting scammed. Tips not to fall for this fake bounties is first you got to review the background of the project, its team, goal, and is it likely to succeed or to failed.

Here in the forum and outside social media they advertise the project everywhere spreaded. Many newbies invested on the fake ICOs and looses money. This is all because now creating a erc20 based coins is simple because of the ethereum based smart contracts.
Please check the white paper content and the dev team information confirm whether they are legit or not.
cryptoveins

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:04:41 PM

I think we  should leave the bounty as soon as possible after finding it scam or fake because its just wastage of time and efforts. I am also new in the crypto world. What I do for now, I try to find about the projects on different ICO listing sites and try to get some information about the projects.
MartoValenti

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:08:44 PM

From my experience there is not much thing to do if you find a fake bounty. To avoid something like that it is best to check the bounty manager. If it is proven bounty manager with other ico's behind his back and everything went well with the bounty, there would be probably no problem with the bounty. This is the best that you can do...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: