Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:39:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAKE ICOs Bounties. What to do?  (Read 6406 times)
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:11:23 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?

The ICOS scamming is getting quite regular these days so you should do some research before joining any bounty.
few things to consider are:
1. check the credibility of bounty manager (mostly good managers choose to manage ICOS after doing their research)
2. read whitepapers check the websites check the team involved with the project.
3. check their social media handles and see how much active they are.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:15:40 PM

We can't really do anything about fake ICOs. I decided not to invest in ICOs because they are not as profitable as holding cryptocurrencies and also some of them seem to be shady and very unlike to return in the future. The only thing you wasted is your time. It is still valuable but you could have lost way more money. Try to follow professionally looking ICOs. It doesn't guarantee you that it will success but it still better than nothing.
cryptosmouuk

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:15:57 PM

I only join and recommend bounties held by trustworthy accounts and projects that have had a very successful Pre-ICO
virtualhero

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:18:30 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?
The only way to avoid those bounty scam ICO is to look for a good bounty manager to lessen the  risk. They also screen the campaign they are handling so it is lesser time and effort doing the research alone.
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:23:53 PM

Collect as much information as possible about the ICO. Of course, this will not give an absolute guarantee, because even multimillion ICOs eventually can deceive their investors and bounty participants. But this will definitely increase the chances to avoid scam company.
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:27:05 PM

you need to check everything about the project before create an articles
the team member, check it carefully, read one by one their profile, and the most important is their linkedin profile my friend,
if they use fake or new linkedin account you should becareful and do not create a good review or article about the project

Sturdy

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:32:57 PM

I also find it difficult to tell which one is fake and which is good to follow, but usually I see from website and team that is in project, if good then I will follow the bounties
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:49:41 PM

Yes , scammy ICO's , as well as bounties is a common things nowadays . New Merit system will make easier bounty filtering , because it is not so easy to become a full member , or even just a member now . So , scammers will not be able just to create a new account to manage their own scam bounty/ico , they will need to hire a respectable manager (Full member+). Every manager will take responsibility for a project they manage , so if manager was caught on managing scammy projects several times , he can gain neg trust , which will make his life much more difficult . Again , thanks to merit system , he can't just register a new account on forum , because probably he will never become a full member+ again . So you can filter campaigns by looking on it's manager . It will work well soon .

feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:55:30 PM

Gathering intelligence and report with information that is specific to quality ICO is the best way to choose ICO that will not scam. If an ICO is claiming to have raise huge money and yet still looking for small cap in ether, you should know that is a red flag there.

Ayamj

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:00:19 PM

heehheheeheheh it is terrible , imagine doing bounty for 2 months and it ends up becoming a scam
Name_none

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

May the power be with you!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:07:58 PM

How I chose bounties. I check how many it have participants in all themes, then i read about project in the bounty thread, check if it have many strange questions, then read the information on a web site, eventually ask bounty manager tough questions that i have looked in whitepaper
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:44:32 PM

Most ICO are just fakes to be honest right now. more and more scammers are trying to make either their own Blockchain or just a token supported to another blockchain. Check their project on what are they even aiming for. and what are their plans. Check their supporters, social medias etc. make sure that you're investing your money or working for the right person/team.

heehheheeheheh it is terrible , imagine doing bounty for 2 months and it ends up becoming a scam
Stop doing this kind of post. (you can get a red trust from a trusted member here. this would be considered as shit post)
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:30:33 PM

We are ordinary people and we won’t do anything with that, so we got to go with the flow ... Well, if you don’t want to get on scammers ,then while choosing pay more attention to analysis, read the information on the site carefully, read articles on the ICO, browse through the social media, and of course trust your experience more , since much has been published in the Internet recently , so now you can make such a qualitative scam ico that nobody would tell the difference.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:35:30 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

You have to look at the fundamentals of the project:

1) What problems are the project trying to solve
2) How are they going to solve them
3) Actual, tangible evidence (aka code) that the project actually works
4) Smart people auditing it to consider the game theory as viable
5) Who is founding the project
6) Are the problems the project is trying to solve even real problems

For example. If most of these don't check, then you are most likely investing in a scam whose only purpose is to steal BTC away from noob's pockets.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:43:15 PM

what you are saying is true, even higher rank members in this forum can get scammed. This is my bit of advice, you should always perform a good background check of the devs and administrators of social media. Also, some bounty managers have good history of managing proper bounties so you should also take that into consideration. One last thing, follow discussions in this forum and you will find good bounties to join
Mark-Krawed

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:50:31 PM

It's our individual responsibility to check the information of the company before we jump, everyone of us encounter the scam sites. Just do some research and have some patience.
summit26

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:02:27 PM

As I've experienced, I've been victimized by scammers. I think we can not identify the scammers. as we trust the ICO to pay us and return our investments and efforts. But here is what we have learned. Like a promising and very good bounty at first and many people are joining and investing and then they get the money they lost as much as bubbles. I can suggest that you pray and do not lose hope that you can get the pay accordingly.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:17:12 PM

1. read their white paper and make sure it was professionally written and presented. It also helps if the bounty is something that contributes positively to the society.
2. Check on the members joining the bounty. Pay attention to it because this is also an indicating factor. Trusted members of this forum usually already developed an instinct of what bounty to avoid. The more legendaries, heroes or sr members joining a bounty is a good sign.
3. Check out the developers and the websites listed on their thread. Research on them.
4. Know people around your social circle and discuss the best bounties to join over a cup of coffee or beer or whatever. Just meet and know people, not just here on the forum who do cryptocurrencies to get and share ideas with.

So far, those are what I have learned.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
efey39

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:05:30 PM

crypto currencies change day by day. and new icos is entering our lives. Some of them can be fake. so it is necessary to investigate well. we should not hurry
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:10:18 PM

Even veteran bounty hunters would really have the hard time on differentiating a scam and a legit one but somehow we can see some indications towards into a certain project.This is why researching is always a good step for us to check it out if they are really worth or not and with just our common sense we can able to conclude to ourselves if they are total trash or a gem. Always stick out on famous bounty managers if you do really like to go with legit ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: