Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3034 times)
josh07

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:22:53 AM

you do not need a password to open your account on myetherwallet but only the private key is needed to open your wallet sir if you make a new password really needed but when you have an account private key just needed to open your aacount

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:30:43 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

There is no password.

When you created wallet on Myetherwallet you got your keys, you probably save them to your PC.
Because you have used them at least once to check your balance?

So the question you must ask yourself did you ever opened your wallet after initial creation, if not there is a good chance that you never downloaded your keys in the first place.
He probably means password to create wallet.

OP you need private key to access wallet, not password, if you have lost private key then you have lost your funds. Create new wallet and save private key somewhere(print it on paper, usb and so on).
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:30:50 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
MEW has the private keys so you can access your wallet if you still have your private keys.The password is just option for read only purpose you can create new passwords if you have the private keys.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:34:56 AM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website.
There's no password you need to retrieve when you lost in with your MEW account, it's only private key.
Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
Yes, you can't change password anymore as I've said and others have said that there's no password with MEW, it's a priv. key.
Actually, I don't understand why MEW ask you a password to give you an address, as it seems it has no use.
Private key = password.

Indeed.

Now what's the solution for you? It's simple, you can't do anything about it at all and there is no way to get into it now onwards. The thing is when you create a account you get notified by the MEW many times that you should save your private keys and keystore file somewhere safe. But people don't even care to read it and just rush to get into it.

While creating the wallet you are prompted to download the keystore file, so if somehow it is in your history or in the downloads then you could be lucky enough to access that wallet.

Otherwise there is no way to get into it.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:38:44 AM

Only way for you !
You try to remember or try all of the passwords that you think may be right! Hope you will succeed! But there is no way to get password back
CNY dasd

Activity: 102
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:42:03 AM

I think there is no way to help you.
You can try all your password to try, people's memory will wake up with constant reminder. Or to the above recommendations, find the registration is a document, whether there is a record. Wish you good luck.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:42:13 AM

Do you mean you forgot your private key? There is no way to retreive your private key. You are the only one responsible for your private key.

Copied from the MeW website:

MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. Protect your keys & always check that you are on correct URL.  You are responsible for your security.

This statement of myetherwallet can be used to increase our awareness of private key.
Noboday even Myetherwallet team can retrieve your private key. So i hope you dont much token amd etheirum in that wallet
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:42:23 AM

If you have your private key and downloaded the json file. You can access your wallet. But if haven't save your  private key and the json file then you will not recover your funds. You need to create another wallet again and secure your private key.
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:54:10 AM

Myetherwallet Password, what do you really mean? There are no provision for such,what you actually need is your private key and if you miss it or lose it than you will have no access to that wallet again, that why you need to handle your private key as gold or a life you don,t want to miss.
revCrypto

Activity: 22
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:57:33 AM

The password which you type initially doesnt really matter as long as you saved your private key, if you remember that you opened that wallet once, then theres a good change that you have your UTC formatted json key in your laptop because MEW will only let you enter the priv key to open the wallet once you downloaded your utc json file.
jagu359

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:18:24 AM

There will be no password for the Myetherwallet , only private key ,
when you first generate your address they have given you the phrase and Private key , without that you can't access your wallet .

Sorry to say this ,

For any chance check that you may have taken the backup of saved the private key some where in your system .

luffy7

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:21:01 AM

Do you mean private key? If you lost it, then you cant recover it anymore.
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:54:03 AM

Actually, I don't understand why MEW ask you a password to give you an address, as it seems it has no use.
If you use a JSON file to access MEW, you must have a password. I think maybe he lost PK and only JSON file but he forgot his password.
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:03:20 AM

When you registering on MEW you have to save your private key and JSON File with your own passwor to decrypt it . What password you have forgot ? If you cant't login via private key use a JSON option , or vice versa . If you lost both ... well , you should create a new wallet in this case

Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:15:50 AM

If you will going to open your wallet choosing Keystore/Json file then they will ask for password after you open the save Keystore file in your folder but if you don't want to use password, choose private key and enter your private keys then click the unlock button but if you forgot your password for Keystore or did not backup your private key then better to create new wallet and save booth password and private keys in your safe folder. I just feel sorry for you if you're former wallet have already deposited tokens because there is no way to retrieve them.
Brothersav

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:09:30 PM

Creating a MEW password simply helps the protocol create you a unique private key. Once you have your private key, you no longer need the password you typed in. As long as your private key is safe and unknown to anyone but you, your funds will be safe

pooh95

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:56:25 PM

Creating a MEW password simply helps the protocol create you a unique private key. Once you have your private key, you no longer need the password you typed in. As long as your private key is safe and unknown to anyone but you, your funds will be safe

This is an incorrect statement. If you use the Keystore/JSON File to log in, the myetherwallet will require a password.
I always save two options for authorization - private key and Keystore/JSON File.
It is impossible to recover if you lose them.
Ayamj

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:24:48 PM

as far as you have your private key , you dont need password
unplug (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:37:11 AM

Do not get too freaked out, your wallet is still safe and tokens will not be lost.
You still have jason files, and can be used to open your wallet. You must use metamask

Hi guys, he lost the password instead of losing tokens stored in myetherwallet (MEW). And if he uses Json's file to open it, he must also remember the password to enter the depth of his wallet. And to my knowledge he can open it if he has a private key to open the wallet he uses. And if he does not have it it may be very difficult to be able to reopen the wallet. I think MEW help can not help to open the wallet

I lost my Json file password . So there's no way to recover my password?
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:11:46 AM

There is no option to retrieve your password and private key in myetherwallet because myetherwallet is open source and they does not hold your password and private key. Password is only required if you login your account with UTC file otherwise you can login your account with private key if you have access of that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████