Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:53:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:19:31 AM

yesterday I saw and interesting article, which says, that over 58% of all ICO in 2017 failed
that is really alarming numbers actually.. and I guess that is why facebook took action..
the crypto is really high volatile and risk market.. I doubt general public should invest there without proper warning..
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:31:20 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

I think this action was best done by the founder of Facebook if there are someone or something that is very alarming or destroying the credibility of your being and/or something you own you will surely do the same thing specially if the commuty is at the high risk. So why not letting them exist on your territory if the can cause bad to you and your community.

yesterday I saw and interesting article, which says, that over 58% of all ICO in 2017 failed
that is really alarming numbers actually.. and I guess that is why facebook took action..
the crypto is really high volatile and risk market.. I doubt general public should invest there without proper warning..
This actually is more than enough to be the reason why ICO should not be advertise in Facebook.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:36:43 AM

Lately i have seen a lot of ads related to cryptocurrency and there are just too many of them. I think Facebook is having a hard time controlling these ads. By the way, is the ban on bitcoin on Facebook is still on going or is it lifed already?
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:02:00 PM

Lately i have seen a lot of ads related to cryptocurrency and there are just too many of them. I think Facebook is having a hard time controlling these ads. By the way, is the ban on bitcoin on Facebook is still on going or is it lifed already?

Yes facebook is having hard time controlling those ads because its the choice of the user wether they will share those post or not

sd
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:30:57 PM

ban not only in facebook, but also on Twitter! I have recently blocked an account, because of the advertising of the crypto market! it's very sad that social networks do not support the development of the crypto market! in any case, I think that everything will be fine!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
bishnoi

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:37:00 AM

this is not good i am sure that facebook is takes very bad action if facebook ban this then facebook have to face a big lose because so many peoples are using facebook only for bitcoin blockchain so i think this is not good for facebook
fern123

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:54:32 AM

This doesn't make bitcoin and ICO stop on making a name in the world. Even they banned crypto related post, there will be away to continue spreading news about cryptocurrency.

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉
Saveralll

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:58:28 PM

This doesn't make bitcoin and ICO stop on making a name in the world. Even they banned crypto related post, there will be away to continue spreading news about cryptocurrency.
facebook blocking bitcoin and ico ads because to prevent irresponsible people from spreading financial products and services whose credibility is questionable and fraud on behalf of bitcoin.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:08:02 PM

Actually its an old news already. I also posted a topic like this. We cant blame facebook for it. We all know there are some ICO project that are scam and facebook dont allow to be part of its promotion. There is also a news that twitter is also starting ro ban this kind of advertisement. If this happen it will be a big loss for the bounty hunter (which includes me, i also joined social media campaign). The reality will always be in our way, there is always a changes that must happen for the better of this social media, eventhough many ads will be compromised but iys for the better.
sister190817

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 01:12:41 PM

I think it's a mistake for Facebook and soon this ban will be lifted.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:13:32 PM

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

I don't think Facebook has banned bitcoin and other ICO already. I still see several ICOs and other tokens project being advertised in facebook. Maybe facebook has just put some regulations in ICOs and bitcoin to protect their members from being scammed or in any fraud.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:13:42 PM

Facebook these days just keep making some big news that could impact others in so many ways. well i think it is because of some people maybe feeling bothered by so many advertisement about ICO. But, whats the different about the others advertisement. like many game ads that getting so much annoying these days too.
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:18:22 PM

That would be their loss because everyone knows that there is really a great future for bitcoin though it is also uncertain still its supporters is not decreasing but it is increasing. Banning it is a very harsh decision because they have missed the opportunities that bitcoin will give to their company. It can be also the bitcoins loss since facebook is really the most largest medium that could reach many users. Still there are lots of social media that could really help the bitcoin to grow its market and I think that our support will be great for the bitcoins future.

gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:22:25 PM

hmm, why the big company like facebook, and google banning bitcoin for their ads? I think they get big income from that ads and I think they don't get any bad impact from that ads and I think if the bitcoin can be the ads in the google and facebook it will make bitcoin more popular than before  Grin Grin

hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:29:31 PM

I don't think Facebook has banned bitcoin and other ICO already. I still see several ICOs and other tokens project being advertised in facebook. Maybe facebook has just put some regulations in ICOs and bitcoin to protect their members from being scammed or in any fraud.

I hope this news isnt true. Facebook is one of the biggest social networking sites and advertising icos through facebook campaign is very helpful. If it is really true, maybe facebook campaigns in icos will be removed. But hopefully it is not true.
akerner

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:39:29 PM

Such things, unfortunately, hamper the development of the Cryptocurrency
Facebook has an excellent targeted advertising. In my opinion, the most effective method in our time
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:41:57 PM

I think the daily  many of the projects, the fraudulent ICO was launched, launching rampant campaigns on social networks that adversely affect Facebook image. On the other hand it makes many investors panic. Do not want projects, potential ICOs impacted and potential ICO projects will have a proven track record of true value, not through advertising, so Facebook will make that decision. If you do not advertise, people are unaware of ICO projects. It is time to launch this campaign to have a unique advertising market for the campaigns, the healthy competition ICO. Time will enlighten which is the potential and development on the market
Ale46

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:57:24 PM

is it true but why bounty social campaign mesia still in invent, I still follow some social media bounty facebook
Heartseed

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:35:46 PM

its is a bad news for crypto currency since most of the peopls surf at social medias such as facebook which have almost of the population of the world uses it. so it is a big negative effect for alternate crypto currencies since their advertisement method will be decrease greatly but i could say that other internet medias can still continue and help their currencies to go up. even so, it is also a negative or could lower the money gained by the company of social medias since crypto currencies also shows ads which pays their company. so, it also affects them badly.
786SehrishAkhtar

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:20:04 PM

What?Huh why? its a social media account then why it is banning crypto news? it not a good news!!! Sad ok if it banned then we will stop using face book.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: