Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:37:16 PM

Facebook's actions can be understood. By that time, a lot of scam projects were using Facebook advertising and many people have lost their investments because of that.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BountyGram

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:03:52 PM

I think it won't be possible at this time, because there is no harm in posting some profitable knowledge in social media accounts because of its convenience and other beneficial thoughts that can help the community as well as the country to become a global and competitive economy country.
Elachious12

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:47:27 PM

I think Facebook is joining hands with the government to fight against Bitcoin and ICOs, thank God for other social media like Linkedlin where ICOs can easily be advertised.
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:57:10 PM

As I can see. I can consider that as a wrong move from facebook since bitcoin could also bring them some profits. Banning it would just cause a lost to their profit when it comes to advertising the bitcoin. Differents sites are already making their profit with just advertising bitcoin. But I think that theres really a reason behind banning it.

Siakol

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:04:54 PM

It is not a good news if that's true, but in other way, ads about ICOs are not that harmful on the net, It is knowledgeable actually, the future of advertisement and other educational and helpful project is a good thing to feed your mind through social medias.
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:05:53 PM

ow shit thats why we never see ads about new ICO,so bad news hope they will unban ads like this,it a good business right?

rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:25:51 PM

As I can see. I can consider that as a wrong move from facebook since bitcoin could also bring them some profits. Banning it would just cause a lost to their profit when it comes to advertising the bitcoin. Differents sites are already making their profit with just advertising bitcoin. But I think that theres really a reason behind banning it.

That is correct,  they can earn thru advertisement.  Its a wrong move but it is their choice.  Advetisement will help to spread something about the ICO, i hope this won't affect the flow of the upcoming investors and the price of btc.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:34:50 PM

It is bad news for bounty hunters who make money by sharing/posting on facebook, actually now they are also banning posting links with referrals not only on facebook but also on messenger. We need to shorten it or put some smileys to be able to post it.

Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:52:43 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 10:37:43 PM by Anyobsss

It is bad news for bounty hunters who make money by sharing/posting on facebook, actually now they are also banning posting links with referrals not only on facebook but also on messenger. We need to shorten it or put some smileys to be able to post it.
There's definitely a reason why ico ads are being banned. Facebook are being used by millions of people and fb developers just want to keep its users away from scam icos.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:35:57 AM

There's definitely a reason why ico ads are being banned. Facebook are being used by millions of people and fb developers keep its user away from scam icos.
That is the reason why they banned the ico advertisements because they want to keep their user safe from the scam but now they unban and lift the banning for the icos and now they are free to advertise again. They should have not done it in the first place because it is not their fault and it is just the user that invest without research.
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:02:31 AM

Well , Mark the founder of facebook is just being a **** because his rival twin something is almost richer than him at one point . Im not quite sure . There has been a circulating news about it . And with facebook banning crypto ads , it hurt the market . And now they reverse their decision . I guess facebook is gonna do something with crypto . Maybe make their own coin ? Who knows  Huh Anyway , whatever Facebook do i dont care as long as its going to give positive outcome to the crypto market im fine with it .

Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:05:31 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

Well , Mark the founder of facebook is just being a **** because his rival twin something is almost richer than him at one point . Im not quite sure . There has been a circulating news about it . And with facebook banning crypto ads , it hurt the market . And now they reverse their decision . I guess facebook is gonna do something with crypto . Maybe make their own coin ? Who knows  Huh Anyway , whatever Facebook do i dont care as long as its going to give positive outcome to the crypto market im fine with it .

I have read a few times somewhere that Facebook has already made some changes as regards to this earlier decision of theirs. Actually, even when this news circulated around, I was still able to see ICO and crypto-related posts, even promotional or marketing ones. There were even ads. But for now, this has already changed. Facebook is allegedly saying they are withdrawing such policy.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
connecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:17:50 AM

This kind of moved from Facebook will surely affect the popularity of bitcoin especially to it's demand in the market. I just hope that they will change their decision in the near future.
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:36:21 AM

The fact remains that facebook are doing it business wise since they have ads and promotions which is paid for,  Facebook also has recently launch the marketplace. And since Facebook is the most popular and widely used by people, it is a great tool to spread product like the ICOs. The ICOs, instead of paying Facebook to make their advertisement has resulted into bounties, which I guess is one of the major reasons facebook is banning ICOs considering how much the are likely to make if those adverts comes through them directly.
more than half of the ICOs are on scam schemes, so Facebook  abstract . declaring crypto illegal on Facebook, and then just reaps the fruits, knowing that he declared the crypt of ICOs illegal and there is no pretensions.

sicnarfwb

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:32:45 AM

Banning ads platform on Facebook wont stop the existing BITCOIN to be avdertise in social media. Talking about facebook is very open for people in sharing advertisement and posting ads, because till now FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN involving bitcoin still on the access, bitcoin dont focus by itself but by the product/ campaign that posted/shared by people that invole bitcoin as payment for transaction so its hard for the dev of facebook to segrate ads platform because of huge ads that access their website.
James Smithh

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:20:48 PM

The ban is reflecting official sentiment as the move comes at the time when complaints are piling up against ICO scams. Facebook’s action was in line with recent efforts by US authorities to combat widespread cryptocurrency fraud.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:25:27 PM

Well o think there are many reasons why facebook or mark Suckerberg banned ads for bitcoin and ICOs. Maybe one is that he know that he's platform which is facebook can be used in the scams that are related to cryptocurrency that is why he banned it. Also,  he knows his audience very well. Maybe it is also because there are many eyes that are watching him that is why he really do cautious acts so that it will produce lesser mistakes
imrul5

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:25:45 PM

All the unsocial work started by social media such as Facebook and Twitter.  They only wanted to earn money by pushing other from the path. Social media is doing unsocial works from the begging.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:09:43 PM

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

I think it's only fair for facebook to ban ads that feature bitcoins and ICOs because some ICOs are rich enough to trick people into buying into their scams. They even use bitcoins to entice their attention towards the possible investment growth they can get.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 03:10:16 AM

I think it's only fair for facebook to ban ads that feature bitcoins and ICOs because some ICOs are rich enough to trick people into buying into their scams. They even use bitcoins to entice their attention towards the possible investment growth they can get.
They actually ban  Bitcoin and ICO related ads because the crypto currency scam that happened to twitter user while twitter was held responsible for it. Meanwhile, Facebook don't totally place ban on bitcoin or crypto currency related ads thats genuine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: