Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:23:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2102 times)
wormgummy019

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:09:49 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

It is a sad news to hear because the ads that displayed in Facebook helps to give knowledge in people about bitcoin. I hope it will not implement because maybe the Facebook campaigns will damaged.
genolica

Activity: 121
Merit: 7

◆ SHREW ◆ Discounted Pre-Sale

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:11:43 PM

Right now facebook is now removing the ban on ads. It's a good news today that the ban has been removed for some reasons and it will be a blast for the crypto after this Smiley.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:46:05 AM

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

It was not a very good decision for Facebook, they just let go of a once in a lifetime offer given by the bitcoin community. This is a very careless step made by them. They did not think of the capabilities the bitcoin has at the same time is the potential it has. If they wanted not to get involved in the scams made by some ICO they should filter it and that is the Thing they can do in able to still have something that can bring the future to its brightest.
sergiom

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:00:20 PM

Don't worry, this case have taught me that everything is temporary here at cryptocurrencies world, even when the country like India decided to ban cryptocurrency they eventually cancelled that decision.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:20:46 PM

An unsettling news that all advertisements about the development of crypto will be banned in social media facebook.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
kukurikapu

Activity: 134
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:25:02 PM

It definitely involves money, or not. But it still a big loss for banning ads of butcoin in facebook since billions of people are in facebook.
CryptoSpase

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:28:14 PM

As far as I know, facebook changed its decision. There are several reasons for this. More details are worth familiarizing with them on the official source. The most important reason is loss of income))
colvis

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:30:55 PM

wow, the banding of the bitcoin and other related coins can be as a result of people using the Facebook social media to spam fake coins and all the rest. or it may that they want to be paid before any coin can be allowed to be advertised in there, everybody want to have a there owned share in the cryptocurrency 
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:31:07 PM

I think this one really has something to do with money/invome thing. Just a feeling though. But this makes us realize that bitcoin needs more support now than ever to stay in this world.
alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:36:18 PM

If it's true. Then this would be bad news for cryptocurrency. Because the role of social media for cryptocurrency is very influential. with the ban will certainly have a negative impact on the bitcoin or other crypto.
fairytale

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:41:46 PM

maybe Facebook are deciding to banned bitcoins and ICOs because i think facebook users are tend to look into these bitcoin ads and ICOs because they are curious about these links that are being seen on some of facebook timeline and pages.I think facebook would be regulating these crypto ads or maybe should do some filters for crypto ads.
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:47:36 PM

It is their right to ban ICO ads circulating on facebook. They only do this to clean their hands of possible ICO scams. But no matter what they do, facebook will never be the source of the real truth or whatever they are trying to show the masses now.
fordrenok

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:07:28 PM

Really??  But i still see ads related to them appear on the news feed. Facebook only makes big decisions to build up its reputation,  for me i do not worry from it. Theres a lot of reasons why facebook do that,  there is a scammers using twitter to scam from it.if bitcoin search data has increased, then it will impact on its value. More and more do a bitcoin search, then the value will go up, and vice versa ...
ashame

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:01:56 PM

It is their right to ban ICO ads circulating on facebook. They only do this to clean their hands of possible ICO scams. But no matter what they do, facebook will never be the source of the real truth or whatever they are trying to show the masses now.

Facebook is banning those crypto advertisements because of the possible cause of this in their reputation, people are blaming the system for scam ICOs without thinking that it is not right to blame it in social media networks.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:44:43 PM

Actually, I do not care very much about these things. Since that time when Facebook banned ads of the ICOs and Bitcoin, nothing changed for me. I am still trading and investing.
Don Karnage

Activity: 52

DAOX ICO 2.0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:53:24 PM

Quite an ambiguous action of Facebook. These arguments look in my opinion far-fetched and unconvincing for me personally

DAOX 《  Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs  》  https://daox.org/
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤      The product is LIVE      ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
hacsoi2799

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:54:16 PM

Facebook's attempt to stop the scams on the current cryptocurrency market, especially the ICO.
Facebook's ban will not only apply to financial activities related to coding, but will apply to any related activities. Bitcoin wallets, for example, or Ethereal diggers ads will also be banned.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:55:14 PM

Actually, I do not care very much about these things. Since that time when Facebook banned ads of the ICOs and Bitcoin, nothing changed for me. I am still trading and investing.

They already lifted the ban for Initial Coin Offerings from their platform and I think they have done this because of the negative impact on their platforms once they create their own crypto currency. For me, I don't think that they shouldn't do that banning thing against crypto currency advertisement on their platform instead they should regulate it and it is impossible that they cannot regulate those ads if it is a scam or not. Seriously that Facebook founder is surely a greedy person and all he wants is more money. Remember the scandal that happened about the personal data of Facebook users being sold from private companies. Smiley
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 05:20:08 PM

maybe just for a while, we'll see how long facebook will block ads that involve ico or bitcoin.
BitcoinGuru123

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:43:18 PM

I think facebook ban advertising because too many ICO's in this years. Too many ICO advertisement maybe considered as a spam. But it is not a problem, investing in ICO can make you return 10x++ of your investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: