Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if bitcoin wasn't created?  (Read 2159 times)
reck1ess (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:58:51 AM

What if bitcoin wasn't created?
I was just wondering what would happen to the crypto world or would still cryptocurrency be this popular this day if bitcoin wasn't created?

There are a lot of changes happened because of bitcoin and it also change the way on how we look on cryptocurrencies. Because of this some government and bank owners were alarm because of the rising popularity of bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies also help many people giving them works online and gets profit from invesments.

But what if Bitcoin wasn't created, where would you be right now?
What would happen to crpyto world?
Will the cryptocurrencies be as known as it is right now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

i don't understand what you're saying because BTC was the first crypto coin ever created, if it wasn't created crypto wouldn't exist, easy.
Blockchain and others coins are here because of BTC, somebody would have invented something different but without BTC crypto world wouldn't be where it is now.
shasimiky

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:25:24 PM

If Bitcoin wasn't invented it wouldn't make a big difference right now. I don't think Bitcoin is currently actively affecting a lot of lives. Sure, there are some exceptions but I think a majority of people see Bitcoin as a curiosity. In any case, paying with Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency doesn't seem that appealing to me when it's so volatile, and I think that it's going to take a while before any of the currencies are stable enough to be a payment method. Being a viable payment method would deliver on their promise to cut out the middleman, but at the moment cryptocurrencies mostly seem interesting to speculate on
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:37:09 PM

Hi,

I think that if bitcoin hadn't been created... It would have been created anyway.

What matters here, is not the name in itself. It could be called "frogby", it changes nothing. So I guess that if the "bitcoin" (with such name and the characteristics we know) hadn't been created, another crypto would have taken its place of "founder". Just because what matters with the bitcoin is not the name but the idea behind it. And if you consider the society we are living in, I cannot imagine a dimension in which nobody wants to challenge financial authorities and traditional banking! Wink

So actually, if bitcoin hadn't been created, it would exist anyway. And the current crypto situation would be quite similar I guess!

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:41:21 PM

I was just wondering what would happen to the crypto world or would still cryptocurrency be this popular this day if bitcoin wasn't created?

Someone else would have done something similar.  Time was ripe.  Almost all elements were lying on the table.  However, history might have been quite different if the first inventor of a trustless token had not made certain choices that Satoshi has made.  In fact, there would have been smarter choices than making a speculative pyramid game ; on the other hand, maybe it is only because of the greed unlocked by such a pyramid game that it caught on. 

It's something you can't do twice.  The missed opportunities with bitcoin are missed for ever I think. 
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:49:51 PM

I think if bitcoin was not created, crypto currencies would not be known world wide and no other altcoins would be created. If there is no bitcoin, there are no millionaires because of bitcoin and maybe we don't have other source of income.
jollyreti

Activity: 29
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:53:45 PM

The world would die, bitcoin is our savior, savior is the next step in our silly life, bitcoin is our future.
derago21

Merit: 12

Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:58:19 PM

No bitcoins, Then I would have invested my money on stocks.
reck1ess (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:08:31 PM

i don't understand what you're saying because BTC was the first crypto coin ever created, if it wasn't created crypto wouldn't exist, easy.
Blockchain and others coins are here because of BTC, somebody would have invented something different but without BTC crypto world wouldn't be where it is now.
I know that bitcoin was the pioneering coin of cryptocurrency but i was just trying to get other people points or their opinion of if what if bitcoin was not created. We all have different ideas and opinions so let's just respect each others point.

and in addition to that, where would you be right now if bitcoin and as what you have said crypto isn't same as now?

hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:19:05 PM

yes it's true the BTC was the first crypto coin created ever strongly agree with you because no btc there will be no other crypto.
it was because BTC they introduce Blockchain so BTC have been in existence.
whereas if there is no BTC or nothing like Blockchain i would have invest on my profession. 
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:24:38 PM

Bitcoin is the pioneer of all cryptocurrencies. What i understand about your question is that what if bitcoin wasnt created but instead for example ETH or DOGE right? So my answer is, whats happening today is what will happen also , the only difference is just the name. The concept, system and process will not change, people will do the same way.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:30:38 PM

if bitcoin wasnt created,
we still in the world, where the thing all centralized.
No decentralized platform like bitcoin and altcoins.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:36:27 PM

Even if bitcoin was not created, cryptocurrency will still be born due to continuing distrust in banks and government as we are having nowadays. People will be looking for a decentralized system to get rid of this monopoly. Its just a matter of perfect time when a cryptocurrency will be introduced.
richelle87

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:30:32 PM

If bitcoin wasn't created, I would be still saving and investing on assets (traditionally). Since bitcoin was the first ever cryptocurrency, I think cryptocurrencies nowadays won't be known as what it is right now and also there would be no existing cryptocurrency industry if bitcoin wasn't created.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:42:19 PM

Well, if bitcoin is not created now then I don't think I can still finish my College degree this coming year as this bitcoin has supported me thru my daily allowances and other expenses in my school. As well as not having an opportunity to help my father with the allowance of my siblings, but if ever this happen, maybe I will just go  in a fast food chain and apply as a part time crew.
reck1ess (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:01:34 PM

Well, if bitcoin is not created now then I don't think I can still finish my College degree this coming year as this bitcoin has supported me thru my daily allowances and other expenses in my school. As well as not having an opportunity to help my father with the allowance of my siblings, but if ever this happen, maybe I will just go  in a fast food chain and apply as a part time crew.
I feel you at some point, I've been using the money i earned from bitcoin to pay my maintenance medicine. I was undergraduate at the age of 19, one more year before graduation i drop out to school because of my illness. I became jobless with nothing to do and can't find work because of this sickness while my parents are working hard to help me undergo check ups. I was stuck at home until i found a way to earn thru bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. If bitcoin wasn't created and the crypto world isn't as popular as now maybe I am a goner.

Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:42:44 PM

There are a lot of changes happened because of bitcoin and it also change the way on how we look on cryptocurrencies. Because of this some government and bank owners were alarm because of the rising popularity of bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies also help many people giving them works online and gets profit from invesments.

it's hard for me to find an answer to that question. but certainly, if bitcoins are not created, all current circumstances will not happen ..  Grin
 and I think if the blockchain technology in this bitcoin is not created, there may be better technology and I am sure there will always be a change or innovation that better still for the future.
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

If bitcoin is never found we will be stuck in a tough job that is very tiring. we will never be able to feel the benefits of bitcoin, our economy also will not change.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:53:35 PM

If bitcoin wasn't created then I can't live the life what I'm living now,rich life becomes possible even for the normal people through bitcoin investments.So if there is no bitcoin nothing was changed from the older generation.But luckily Mr.Satoshi created the bitcoin and made many people happier. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:56:08 PM

If bitcoin was not created, I expect that there would be no prosperity happened in my life. I would not be financially stable because what I earn here in bitcoin is what I used in my  daily expenses. If bitcoin was not created then I think crypto world will not be introduced to people because bitcoin is the leading cryptocurrency. And no, I believe that if bitcoinwas not created then cryptocurrencies will not be known all over the world.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: