Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 251 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CASPER API it is first system decentralized cloud-based data storage for DAPPS  (Read 44143 times)
Pegleku

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:33:17 PM

preico as far as I understood it was held in December, and ico will be in May, why such a large time interval between pre ico and ico?

They probably focused more on project implementation before rolling out their ico.
This is great, the project is successful, ico will go to the moon  Kiss Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CASPER_TEAM

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:58:20 PM

Do you know how to hack into servers?

The first step in any strategy is a port scanning. Each open port is a server-side program. Example: on the 21st port there is FTP. If you connect to it and get the appropriate rights, you can safely download or upload any files... on the first 1024 ports you can find many standard services, each of them is a kind of door. And the more there are, the easier it will be to find that one or more of them are not closed…
In fact, there are many websites on the Internet that publish information about new weaknesses. And given, that many of servers don't renew its security due to negligence or unqualified administrators, then many of them can be cracked because of "old" problems. But what if the project does not have a server? What to crack then? It is due to the lack of a single server and decentralised storage that a high level of security is achieved!

Casper places the file to be stored in multiple copies from different service providers around the world. The service provider must meet the requirements, which provides reliable distributed network. And when there is no single server, there is nothing to hack.

http://casperproject.io

I'm not good in IT works or even in networking job but I learn something on this post. Which mean, if no server, it will minimize all the line or accounts that may be hack. But my question is, if the Casper stored multiple copies from different service providers around the world ( like you've said ) , it means the target of the hacker is at least one of those service provider. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Files are kept encoded in network storage units and replicated to several computers of various storage service providers. In the case a computer of one provider becomes unavailable, another provider is selected immediately to maintain storage of duplicates of those files, which were stored on the disconnected computer. The new provider then downloads file duplicates from other providers that have the exact copies stored.
CASPER_TEAM

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:02:54 PM

Does anyone here know if Casper have any competitors in the market already?

Yes,There are projects in the market which have some functions or services offered as Casper. However, Casper is not looking into its competitors but Casper is just focusing on it's own. The team as well as the supporters know that Casper is the best among it's competitors.

Yes. That's also what Casper Team says as reply to my query.. they were taking notes of competitors mistakes so they could prevent such incident in their own project.

Talking about competitors, I highly recommend is the "Gas Files".

Gas Files has set out to tackle the problems associated with digital file storage head on. Utilizing IPFS and Ethereum blockchain technology, Gas Files enables anyone around the world to store any number of files of any size without limits or security concerns.

Unfortunately Casper has own and unique platform. It may overcome the others competitors base of their services. Smiley

Thanks for sharing this, just for sake of comparison. But we know
that this project has its own unique characteristics that is uncomparable. Good team we have here!

Aside from what you have mentioned, do you still know other competitors of casper for comparison purposes?

Yes, but we do not mention in our topic other projects or companies

I fully understand. Thank you for replying though.
Actually there are a lot of competitors, some are already running and some are just new like Casper. But competitors is not that important it's about how will you going to overcome those competitors you have. And that will casper do, to prove itself that despite the fact that they're already have competitors, they will stand still by their own. 

I disagree that competitors are not an important factor. In business there is always competition and you always need to be on top, otherwise your competitor will eat you up.

Aren't there projects like Storj and Sia and then Upfiring as an Ethereum based ERC20 token, all of which can be considered competitors?

Recently, young and ambitious competitors appear who take data storage decentralization as the main principle. Projects (Filecoin, Storj, Sia etc.), which use their own solutions for data storage. Their basic problem, from our point of view, is difficulty to
implement and popularize own blockchain, or dependency on a single blockchain platform,  and desire to compete with classic giants. We do not have such problems.

I am not quite sure about the competitive landscape but are you really the first ones to go for Ethereum based decentralized data storage?

Our service is unique not only decentralization.
Distributed data storage platform based on blockchain technology
Main services: Content Delivery Network optimization, file (photos, video, audio
and text files), backup and corporate data storage
High-speedaccessto decentralized file storage
Data encryption: Zk-snark algorithm (originally used in Zcash). File owner is the only person in
the network who has access to contents of the data stored
Data protection: each file is stored by 4 independent storage capacity providers
Cost reduction: data storage and distribution for end users costs 3 timeslower than traditional
CDN and cloud storage solutions

Which of the things you mentioned is missing in Storj or Sia? That the file owner is the only person with access is not even worth mentioning. The whole system wouldn't work if it was different.

Storj or Sia have their own blockchain. We do not limit ourselves to the choice of a blockchain
CASPER_TEAM

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:09:14 PM

As we all know, a beta test of the casper service was launched a few days ago. There is some statistics on volume / speed. What are your impressions?
Yes and if you have chosen to be tested in their beta you can earn also token for testing the service, unfortunately they choosen about mac os and linux for the operating system  and I don't have that so sad to be participating in such a good project like casper.

So bad, I don't have that too. Linux is downloadable in internet right, but I don't have enough knowledge about that specially in installing operating system (OS) software though, so just forget about it. Lucky to those who have that operating system.

So sad that only macOS and linux are currently supported for their beta testing. I would just like to ask those who are participating in the testing how is casper doing and how do you find its functionality.
You may use old PC or notebook. Do Install Ubuntu (Linux base) it's simple, functional and free OS.
Will that works? I'll try that one dude and hope I could try Casper already. I'm also hoping that casper will also available on windows OS since most of OS used in our country is windows.

This will be available later. Follow our updates
CASPER_TEAM

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:11:49 PM

preico as far as I understood it was held in December, and ico will be in May, why such a large time interval between pre ico and ico?

These are the rules of the project. During this time, we are improving the project and working on a working version of Casper
CASPER_TEAM

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:13:14 PM

if you see the information displayed on this project thread, everyone will say this project is very good, because presale only takes 60 minutes to get 1239 ETH, it is very interesting to follow the development of ICO from this project

Thanks a lot!
idioma1

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:16:00 PM

Cool hah how it is differe from others exept the casper name?
Danilotot

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:36:11 PM

They probably focused more on project implementation before rolling out their ico.

you know that they may not be ready to launch their project goals, we may just keep up with their releases. let us first get their focus on their project.
CASPER_TEAM

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:47:56 PM

The Asian Road show of Casper API has begun, which means you can speak to the team in person and ask them any and all questions!

Our Road show begins in Seoul, South Korea, where we will participate in 2018 TOKENSKY Blockchain Summit through 13 to 15 March;

Starting 16 March we’re in Shanghai, China, at the 4th Annual Block Chain Finance & Fin-Tech. We stay there until 18 March;

From 19 to 21 March the Casper API team will be in Hong Kong at Token 2049;

22 March we arrive in Tokyo, Japan, where we’ll visit Satoshi Vision. There Casper API representatives will stay until March 25;

Then we head to Europe: 26 March our founder, Artem Koltsov will conduct a number of meetings in Zug, Switzerland, and starting from 27 to 28 March we’ll be in Zurich and participate in Crypto Summit.

As you can see we have Korea, Japan, China and Switzerland ahead of us. We’ll keep you updated on our social media and our official Telegram channel at https://t.me/CasperProjectENG

Stay with us!

http://casperproject.io/

canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:50:21 PM

Do you know how to hack into servers?

The first step in any strategy is a port scanning. Each open port is a server-side program. Example: on the 21st port there is FTP. If you connect to it and get the appropriate rights, you can safely download or upload any files... on the first 1024 ports you can find many standard services, each of them is a kind of door. And the more there are, the easier it will be to find that one or more of them are not closed…
In fact, there are many websites on the Internet that publish information about new weaknesses. And given, that many of servers don't renew its security due to negligence or unqualified administrators, then many of them can be cracked because of "old" problems. But what if the project does not have a server? What to crack then? It is due to the lack of a single server and decentralised storage that a high level of security is achieved!

Casper places the file to be stored in multiple copies from different service providers around the world. The service provider must meet the requirements, which provides reliable distributed network. And when there is no single server, there is nothing to hack.

I'm not good in IT works or even in networking job but I learn something on this post. Which mean, if no server, it will minimize all the line or accounts that may be hack. But my question is, if the Casper stored multiple copies from different service providers around the world ( like you've said ) , it means the target of the hacker is at least one of those service provider. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Files are kept encoded in network storage units and replicated to several computers of various storage service providers. In the case a computer of one provider becomes unavailable, another provider is selected immediately to maintain storage of duplicates of those files, which were stored on the disconnected computer. The new provider then downloads file duplicates from other providers that have the exact copies stored.
I think, nniecan001 saying is about hacking the service provider (at least one terminal or peer). If you have many duplicate files using different service provider, the hacker have a lot of option as possible to get what he need, cause if he get one service provider it's the same of all cause it's duplicated. Correct me if I'm wrong.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:55:40 PM

The Asian Road show of Casper API has begun, which means you can speak to the team in person and ask them any and all questions!

Our Road show begins in Seoul, South Korea, where we will participate in 2018 TOKENSKY Blockchain Summit through 13 to 15 March;

Starting 16 March we’re in Shanghai, China, at the 4th Annual Block Chain Finance & Fin-Tech. We stay there until 18 March;

22 March we arrive in Tokyo, Japan, where we’ll visit Satoshi Vision. There Casper API representatives will stay until March 25;

Then we head to Europe: 26 March our founder, Artem Koltsov will conduct a number of meetings in Zug, Switzerland, and starting from 27 to 28 March we’ll be in Zurich and participate in Crypto Summit.

As you can see we have Korea, Japan, China and Switzerland ahead of us. We’ll keep you updated on our social media and our official Telegram channel at https://t.me/CasperProjectENG

Stay with us!

To all who hesitate and asking about their activity of Casper, this is what you waiting for this past few weeks, an absolute answer to your question. If you are able to join or to visit that event, this is a great opportunity to participate and witness their marketing strategy as well. Look's like the Casper team is ready to dominate their field with their busy schedule on early of 2018. Best of luck Casper team! I love to go in Tokyo, Japan.
Name_none

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

May the power be with you!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:33:33 PM

Stay with us!

that's good news! trips to forums and events began. I probably will express the opinions of most people who will not be able to attend this event personally. What the community is waiting for an article with all significant events
vincentong17

Merit: 17

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:31:56 PM

Stay with us!

You guys are very busy on your roadshow. I'm very impressed on that thing and lucky for you guys you establish your community in any part of the world and probably ASIAN market will dominate the market. More projects to come and goodluck to our beloved team Casper.
Danilotot

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:08:49 AM

Stay with us!

how well you are following your platform, have you tried it out, what do I mean if there is a country where it can get it?
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:11:45 AM

Stay with us!

To all who hesitate and asking about their activity of Casper, this is what you waiting for this past few weeks, an absolute answer to your question. If you are able to join or to visit that event, this is a great opportunity to participate and witness their marketing strategy as well. Look's like the Casper team is ready to dominate their field with their busy schedule on early of 2018. Best of luck Casper team! I love to go in Tokyo, Japan.
Oh this is a good time to do a lot of activity, I think I gonna have some time to visit a few event of Casper. Since it's summer here in Asia Continent, hoping that I may schedule a several trip on those mentioned country as well. Support Casper folks, this is a good project!
PDNade

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

D E P O S I T O R Y N E T W O R K

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:52:57 AM

Stay with us!

This will be a big and long way for Casper  to promote their products in other country, as being silent in the other this past week, they have now a good news for our investors that to be long awaited. Can't help it to be excited about this news and updates. Hope they can manage and make partnership those country they will attend or visit.

D E P O ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DEPOSITORY NETWORK | WP   :   ENG   CN   RUS
FOLLOW US: ► TELEGRAM    ► TWITTER                                  The World’s   F i r s t   D e c e n t r a l i z e d
                                                ► LINKEDIN      ► FACEBOOK        BUY DEPO         M u l t i - P l a t f o r m   Collateral   I n f r a s t r u c t u r e
PDNade

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

D E P O S I T O R Y N E T W O R K

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:58:51 AM

As far as I know, they have now a MVP Casper API. v.0.0.1! The first version of Casper API is able to upload, edit and delete files in a decentralized network! They have now gathering like-minded people to test the power of decentralization!

Conditions for testing the MVP Casper API
- apply.(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHXxVzJULh-40pMbN4ybG_4dcQjovZbnXvX1jru-dFT-nPdQ/viewform);
- connect to the system (requires linux or Mac OS to connect);
- provide an external IP address;
- install our software to your computer;
- be online >95% of the time per week;
- point your ethereum wallet;
- leave free space on your hard drive (enough for up to 25.6 Gb!);

And you will be rewarded also.

D E P O ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DEPOSITORY NETWORK | WP   :   ENG   CN   RUS
FOLLOW US: ► TELEGRAM    ► TWITTER                                  The World’s   F i r s t   D e c e n t r a l i z e d
                                                ► LINKEDIN      ► FACEBOOK        BUY DEPO         M u l t i - P l a t f o r m   Collateral   I n f r a s t r u c t u r e
belljarxiv

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:42:02 AM

if you see the information displayed on this project thread, everyone will say this project is very good, because presale only takes 60 minutes to get 1239 ETH, it is very interesting to follow the development of ICO from this project

Yes we've been following every development of this project and hoping for new things to come too..
Marioboro

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:57:31 AM

Stay with us!

This will be a big and long way for Casper  to promote their products in other country, as being silent in the other this past week, they have now a good news for our investors that to be long awaited. Can't help it to be excited about this news and updates. Hope they can manage and make partnership those country they will attend or visit.

This is an awesome update from the team. This is reassuring for us who have supported this project that we are being updated about casper's activity.
CASPER_TEAM

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:02:58 PM

Today we would like to begin introducing you to Casper API advisors, and the first on the list is Yuri Gugnin!

We believe Yuri needs no intro as the founder of Karma.red, an ecosystem for a global blockchain-based p2p lending, who raised $10,000,000 during an ICO fall 2017.

He is well known among the people closely following blockchain projects and cryptocurrencies. He is also a partner of Skillbox, an online university. He is also known as a blockchain lecturer, ex-COO of ADV, one of top three web integrators in Russia, and a founder of RIK business school boasting over 1000 graduates. Yuri Gugnin is a Ph.D. in economics and our new advisor!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 251 »
  Print  

Jump to: