Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:37:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:39:58 AM

maybe is better if they will apply different prices based on the country where they operate, based on fact that even 1$ can be a lot in certain countries

This is certain. For different countries there should be different prices. Since a person will prefer a pirated film than pay a large price for it.

I think the intention was also to focus on low income countries first. And i believe this is smart, that is a market that can probably use a streaming/Netflix type service, but can't really afford Netflix.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huutertools

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:43:18 AM

maybe is better if they will apply different prices based on the country where they operate, based on fact that even 1$ can be a lot in certain countries

This is certain. For different countries there should be different prices. Since a person will prefer a pirated film than pay a large price for it.

I think the intention was also to focus on low income countries first. And i believe this is smart, that is a market that can probably use a streaming/Netflix type service, but can't really afford Netflix.
Today it is not easy to use different prices because it is hard to identify where the user comes from. It is easy to fake the country where you access the internet.
Maybe the language could be a chance to use different prices.
To use a ID to set the country would have a good result but needs lots of effort before watching a movie.
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:27:10 PM

Today it is not easy to use different prices because it is hard to identify where the user comes from. It is easy to fake the country where you access the internet.
To use a ID to set the country would have a good result but needs lots of effort before watching a movie.

If they are offering different prices for different countries what would someone stop from using a VPN to get the cheaper price?
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:38:52 PM

Maybe they will change the price based on video quality which makes sense to me, country with poor connections->poor->quality->cheap

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:44:38 PM

The only risk in here is they have low income and they barely afford food and etc. So will they pay cryptoflix for streaming? Or can they pay?

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:48:19 PM

If they are offering different prices for different countries what would someone stop from using a VPN to get the cheaper price?

if you charge people the right price it wont be worth the hassle doing that

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
saintkamei

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:53:11 PM

TV service from international providers can be good. specially fro sports. I know there are some competition in institutional content but can be lead with providing quality. Some partnerships with content providers can boost confidence.

That is why I like that CRYPTOFLIX is focusing on starting on a specific market - asia for this matter. This will help them to pool resource and energy in acquiring rights and working on the tech. As far as I understand, they will need servers installed all over to ensure quality is maintained and to avoid outage.
Actually cryptoflix is the competitor here netflix can easily transcend to blockchain if they want to, having a good program to air eve now and then is a must if they can produce a title that can beat Game of thrones in terms of rating then its a game changer i guess.

I am not so sure if Netflix could >so< easily switch over to blockchain. Well, they could probably implement a payment methode for crypto, but implementing more then payment would be a lot to do as they have a running system already and would have to change a lot probably.

I don't see Netflix doing that anytime soon. If there are stable cryptos, perhaps, like USDT they could implement it. Popular services who once used btc have stopped because of the volatility. Until that factor is taken cared of, it will not happen.

They could denote the prices in USD, so you would always only pay say $10 for your subscription. One month it would be 10 tokens, another month it would be 5 because the tokens are volatile.

This could be the way to go. And it may encourage people to pay forward for a yearly subscription.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:07:19 PM

The only risk in here is they have low income and they barely afford food and etc. So will they pay cryptoflix for streaming? Or can they pay?

guys netflix is not that expensive, if they can't afford a subscription, the can't affect internet as well.

saintkamei

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:33:49 PM

You are overestimating the capacity of people to fudge. Percentage-wise, it wouldn't even amount to people doing that at 5%. VPN and proxy are good for getting access to stuff that aren't available in a certain region but not necessarily for fee fudging. You have to be mindful of currency exchange fees on credit cards. With flix tokens, it might be different but I don't think the numbers will be significant enough.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:00:19 PM

That's not a good idea in general, and I think this is a business, this isn't a non profit organization who just want to eradicate piracy.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:20:40 PM

That's not a good idea in general, and I think this is a business, this isn't a non profit organization who just want to eradicate piracy.

Why not a good idea? How would you imagine they go on totally different markets with equal price? The product will fail no matter how good it is if people won't be able to afford it. Even McDonald's adjusts prices in different countries.

sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:26:55 PM

Why not a good idea? How would you imagine they go on totally different markets with equal price? The product will fail no matter how good it is if people won't be able to afford it. Even McDonald's adjusts prices in different countries.

Apply different price for different country won't hurt the business but how they will distinguish people via their country. What if people use vpn to get the lowest price?
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:28:31 PM

Apply different price for different country won't hurt the business but how they will distinguish people via their country. What if people use vpn to get the lowest price?

There is even the famous BigMac Index where you can see how much a BigMac costs around the world. It's not the same everywhere. I expect CryptoFlix to adapt to purchasing power as well.
There are not many VPN servers for African countries for example and like I said you probably will not have the same movies in all regions.
Jepli

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:50:20 PM

I only hope this project will ink a strategic partnership with a film company. That will surely have a boost effect on the project. Smiley

belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:30:24 PM

I only hope this project will ink a strategic partnership with a film company. That will surely have a boost effect on the project. Smiley
We may consider them a new-age Cinema Company, unless they think about hosting third-party films in the future, or sharing their content with Cinema's partners, I do not think it would be feasible to have a conflicting partnership, on the other hand, to the platform would be excellent new professionals joining the Platform
webwakko

Activity: 350

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 03:34:30 PM

Bounty for movies subtittle could be the better solution to reduce the costs that may expensive with the normal way.
I like this idea... should be pitched to the dev team.
Reward people for making good subtitles OR correcting existing ones... sounds nice and interesting

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
areschen

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:41:31 PM

Bounty for movies subtittle could be the better solution to reduce the costs that may expensive with the normal way.
I like this idea... should be pitched to the dev team.
Reward people for making good subtitles OR correcting existing ones... sounds nice and interesting

It sounds like a good idea, reward make people more motivating, but it ' s only a minority community.

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:05:58 PM

Yes, that's what most international companies are doing and it doesn't just mean to be cheaper in poorer countries but also to charge higher prices in developed countries.

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:49:36 PM

At some point they need that or else I don't know how they will keep up with all movies rights. At least some independent company, not talking about mainstream companies to start with

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:41:19 PM

At some point they need that or else I don't know how they will keep up with all movies rights. At least some independent company, not talking about mainstream companies to start with
Well, they have another option: just to copy some successfull video platform content and get rid of their mistakes. This is probably the easiest way to advance without any partnerships
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: