Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:39:16 PM

tokens can be purchased through the application? or will it be necessary to go to the exchange?
Now tokens can be purchased by taking part in the ICO, and in the future I think only on the stock exchange. Although it may be a separate service at the site.

As usually, after the ICO you may buy tokens (coins actually if the proj is good) from the third parties in most cases. But some ICOs do not necessarily stop selling tokens even afterwards. However, that's a rare occasion

I've never heard of such a case, but you would want to buy it on an exchange anyway

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ImTotya

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:42:58 PM

Once again, this platform will not be a subscription model, it will be more like pay per watch.
I think this will be more efficient for people who use the platform for only 1 - 2 hours per day.
That's right. Many people can't not afford to pay a subscription. Better to just pay for what you watch.
I think the best solution would be to have access to a specific movie or series. This will allow a more flexible approach to each user.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:52:08 PM

Great idea for a project, nice one! Will it be as big as Netflix, haha who knows? But there is a good case for using blockchain for something like this and hopefully will help small budding film makers and the like. Good luck with it.

nobody knows that, but the odds are good. Wink

The chance for cryptoflix to get bigger as netflix is exist. But there will be more aspects to be filled to gain such achievement.

The odds are good that Cryptoflix will become as big as Netflix? Really? That's pretty optimistic and I don't think it will be possible.

I am thinking the same about cryptoflix being a contender for netflix, maybe can become an alternative for netflix also funding a movie excites me most.
Thats the differentation from netflix for me.

cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:54:04 PM

Great idea for a project, nice one! Will it be as big as Netflix, haha who knows? But there is a good case for using blockchain for something like this and hopefully will help small budding film makers and the like. Good luck with it.

nobody knows that, but the odds are good. Wink

The chance for cryptoflix to get bigger as netflix is exist. But there will be more aspects to be filled to gain such achievement.

The odds are good that Cryptoflix will become as big as Netflix? Really? That's pretty optimistic and I don't think it will be possible.

I am thinking the same about cryptoflix being a contender for netflix, maybe can become an alternative for netflix also funding a movie excites me most.
Of course that cryptoflix is contender to Netflix. They even have similar sounding names  Wink
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

Once again, this platform will not be a subscription model, it will be more like pay per watch.
I think this will be more efficient for people who use the platform for only 1 - 2 hours per day.

It should have lots of options for every kind of user. Pay per view and weekly monthly yearly and even for weekends subscriptions.

Maybe they will add such subscription models later?
But for the pay per view model. It would be cool if you could get packages like for example for tv shows so that you can get a discount if you would buy the whole show at once.

I'm really curious how the model will work with series, because I think all other similar streaming platforms usually have subscription models.

With series pay per view would be cumbersome and wouldn't make much sense in my opinion, maybe you can subscribe for a whole season.

I think that is something you can find out about in the blockchain later. See what people watched and what they are willing to pay on and what not.
And then make packages to get the customer what he wants and a little bit more to get him to subscribe to another package, if that "little bit more" gets the customer into it.

That's an interesting idea, but to make a good package they would need some statistics, research and time. It can be surely done later, but for the beginning they need something simpler.

I also think that it would be inconvenient if you had to make 12 purchases for a 12 episode series. They could simply offer to buy individual episodes or the whole season. It shouldn't be too complicated to implement on the tech side.
i think the video on demand solution, pay for content is the best, for what concerns the long series should offer both options to buy the single episodes or the whole series
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:41:17 PM

I also think that it would be inconvenient if you had to make 12 purchases for a 12 episode series. They could simply offer to buy individual episodes or the whole season. It shouldn't be too complicated to implement on the tech side.

this is why I don't think this project will only have a pay per view model. they will eventually adopt a subscription model.
They just said thet this will be pay per view/watch, I don't know what their plan, but of course everything will be adjusted to the demand later.

A subscription model is always better and I hope the team will plan for this in the long run because eventually people will be staying for longer time in subscription model.
Indeed, if you're just going to watch a few films a year then pay per view is OK. But if you're going to watch a lot of videos (seasons of several series, films, documentaries,..) subscription is going to be easier and cheaper.

They could give both options.
In  my opinion they should both options, for me a subscription wouldnt make sense. Its for sure, that they start with pay per moivie, we will see, if they can provide both models.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:44:01 PM

Will cryptoflix be available in every country at the beginning? Or do you plan to start your platform in developing countries?

Crypto__Men

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:45:11 PM

this project is a very good project. hopefully growing and profitable. So Join the project
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:46:14 PM

I don't think it is that easy to compete with netflix and don't think they are trying to do so.

As they said the name is resembling the netflix but they are offering something way different than it.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:47:42 PM

Will cryptoflix be available in every country at the beginning? Or do you plan to start your platform in developing countries?

First in Europe and the USA i think, but maybe someone can dissolve that and know more?
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:01:37 PM

First in Europe and the USA i think, but maybe someone can dissolve that and know more?
Didn't they said that they are gonna start in underdeveloped countries?
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:05:02 PM

Yes, they wanna focus on underdeveloped countries at the beginning. But haven't devided yet where exactly they will start. Perhaps Asia.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:29:10 PM

Yes, they wanna focus on underdeveloped countries at the beginning. But haven't devided yet where exactly they will start. Perhaps Asia.
I thought it was asia, because of their inhabitants which all speak english well.
But to find this in devs postings is not an easy task. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
CRYPTOFLIX

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:48:42 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick comment about Netflix and subscription models:

We do not consider Netflix to be a competitor. This is because Netflix is a subscription based service - like pay tv, but without a fixed schedule for when you can see the content on there. Netflix primarily license content for a one-off payment to the content owner and they also produce their own content. With a subscription you can watch the content as many times as you want.

For content owners, Netflix is one of the last windows of film distribution that you have - because as long as you are one Netflix - no one who is on Netflix will pay to watch your film or TV show on a pay per view basis. Netflix are very good at what they do and I have the deepest respect for them.

However it is important to say, that the films and TV shows that are on Netflix are not new - except for their own productions. So the new films on iTunes for instance will not be available on Netflix until many months after.

And the new films and TV shows are the ones we are going for for CryptoFlix. Therefore we will not have Netflix as a competitor because our content will be different from theirs.

In short - CryptoFlix will not be a subscription based streaming platform.

Finally a few more replies to the wonderful debate:

1) There will not be advertising on CryptoFlix
2) We will start the platform in under developed countries - and very likely in Asia first
3) The price will be determined by the streaming quality chosen by the users - and the content owners will have more control over the pricing. So we are expecting to be competitive - otherwise how can we expect to even have a market let alone to compete with piracy.

Take care guys and don't forget to sign up for the early bonus alert on our website www.cryptoflix.io

Best, Christian
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:24:58 PM

Hey Everyone,

We do not consider Netflix to be a competitor. This is because Netflix is a subscription based service - like pay tv, but without a fixed schedule for when you can see the content on there. Netflix primarily license content for a one-off payment to the content owner and they also produce their own content. With a subscription you can watch the content as many times as you want.

For content owners, Netflix is one of the last windows of film distribution that you have - because as long as you are one Netflix - no one who is on Netflix will pay to watch your film or TV show on a pay per view basis. Netflix are very good at what they do and I have the deepest respect for them.

However it is important to say, that the films and TV shows that are on Netflix are not new - except for their own productions. So the new films on iTunes for instance will not be available on Netflix until many months after.

And the new films and TV shows are the ones we are going for for CryptoFlix. Therefore we will not have Netflix as a competitor because our content will be different from theirs.

2) We will start the platform in under developed countries - and very likely in Asia first
3) The price will be determined by the streaming quality chosen by the users - and the content owners will have more control over the pricing. So we are expecting to be competitive - otherwise how can we expect to even have a market let alone to compete with piracy.

Take care guys and don't forget to sign up for the early bonus alert on our website www.cryptoflix.io

Best, Christian
Very good to know that we will have different qualities for each user, depending on their choices, is an inclusive way of expanding the platform and lead to new countries with ease, the choice for Asia as the first place can be contested, but reach the competition of Bollywood and Hollywood with reputation will be much better
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:44:14 PM

Hey Everyone,

Best, Christian

Good to get some clarification on some of the burning questions.
I still think that in some aspects Netflix will be a competitor because consumers around the world will have a choice with what they will do with their $10 a month: they can get netflix and watch classic movies, or they can use cryptoflix to watch some of the newer movies. Either way, for many people, they will choose only one of the options (and not both).

turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:38:33 PM

Hey Everyone,

Best, Christian
Ahh, so Netflix only good about their own production films/tv series and besides that, they don't upload/provide a very new films.
So I hope and if you really will provide the boxoffice/blockbuster movies with different prices on each different quality, this will really have a good potential.
Lets say , you pay around $5 to watch a boxoffice movie in movie theatre and that's a very high quality, and you provide around 1$ with lower quality (PC) but maybe you also provide the same quality with similar price.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:56:10 AM

Really interesting comments to see the difference between Netflix and cryptoflix. There is some potential in cryptoflix I think, Netflix is not really a competitor, cryptoflix will not have the same economic model.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:22:18 AM

Hey Everyone,

Best, Christian

Good to get some clarification on some of the burning questions.
I still think that in some aspects Netflix will be a competitor because consumers around the world will have a choice with what they will do with their $10 a month: they can get netflix and watch classic movies, or they can use cryptoflix to watch some of the newer movies. Either way, for many people, they will choose only one of the options (and not both).

While I think a lot of people will still stay with Netflix I think the point about being not a competitor is that you can stay with Netflix but can use Cryptoflix as a extension.

For example you want to watch a specific movie definitely now and not in some months which is still not on Netflix as it is too new. You can go to Cryptoflix and watch the movie there and just pay for the movie. Maybe this is just the case once per months or once every two months that you want just to see some specific movie or tv show which is still not on Netflix and then you can go over to Cryptoflix and pay just for this. And in the meanwhile you don't have to pay anything else.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Really interesting comments to see the difference between Netflix and cryptoflix. There is some potential in cryptoflix I think, Netflix is not really a competitor, cryptoflix will not have the same economic model.

Agreed on this. And also cryptoflix could be the next Netflix
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: