Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide due to losses due to investment in virtual currency  (Read 2399 times)
nhieutam2008 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:14:20 PM

Sad
A Korean student has committed suicide after falling into a depression because of a big loss of money invested in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. A 20-year-old Korean student has been found to have committed suicide after falling into depression due to huge losses in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. The body of the victim was found at his home. The victim has earned 200 million won (about 200,000$) from investments in cryptocurrency.
it's so sad. Rest in peace.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kareninsf

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:17:55 PM

That is heartbreaking Sad  Life is so short- embrace your family and friends and keep in perspective what is important in life- suicide is so tragic
https://youtu.be/4gO7uemm6Yo
ccernat

Activity: 16
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:18:44 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1), TravelMug (1)

Sad? Why would it be sad that a moron ended his life because he gambled and lost?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:26:03 PM
Merited by 8Habits (1)

When the stock markets have crashed before many people have taken the same action.

WHat i don't get here is he gained 200k and then killed himself?  what you do mean he thought he lost but then after he died it turns out his coins mooned or what?

Or do you mean he lost 200k of his initial investment?

I see many more of these to come if they invest in ICO's most will turn out to be scams or failures.

Stick to well known developement teams who have produced something of value that is already functional that way some value is locked in if it has a good use case.

sad story though. 20 is young age to do this

TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:27:44 PM

So which is it? He won 200 million or 200 thousand? Wait no, he lost that much? What you wrote doesn't make any sense. I assume you've made some typos and meant to say he lost a shit ton of money.

That is sad. He was only 20 years old which is a pretty young age to kill yourself. I've seen some other people post suicidal thoughts in the forum. Some of the mods even removed a couple of them for some reason. I don't understand why people want to sensor such things. Even though things are uncomfortable or unpleasant it is important for people to understand the truth about what is going on. Also, if people are announcing suicidal thoughts it is a call for help. Even though it can be a bit annoying, it is still worth it to keep it and possibly save someone's life.

It is too bad this kind of thing happens. Imagine how many of those suicide victims didn't leave their private keys around for their loved ones to have. There are probably a whole bunch more bitcoins out there floating never to be seen again.

michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:30:45 PM

A few days ago I also saw the news, this is a sad news.
The risks of cryptocurrency market are huge, and I don't recommend that anyone take out a loan or put all of their money into an cryptocurrency market, which is too risky.

tuskacz

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:31:58 PM

Suicide is one's own choice. Never ever you should judge someone on this. This is his life and not yours. World is full of sh*t today so I fully understand him. Hopefully he will find better life on the other side.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:32:32 PM

Accept everything before you move that's the key in trading like think the possibility might happen to your investing we need to handle it,i think he got depressed but that's not good to kill yourself and we live to have fun in life if you angry in the world then that's a big problem because in life this is meaningful like you can imagine what you can achieve in the future so better to think positive and let go the negative.

WalkinRobbie

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:32:55 PM

i felt like this for missing the boat 
aioc

Activity: 2884
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:37:00 PM

I don't know why he has done that, game is not yet over for Bitcoin we are still in a thick of a fight, he will not see how it all ended or if he win or not in the future, this is what happens if you are not comfortable in your investment, experts have always advice newbies to only invest what you can afford to lose.

lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:39:22 PM

Apparently the effect of cryptocurrency is very influential on real life. But if think about losing that kind of money who is not depressed. The decision taken by the young man is also wrong because he can wait a while until the price recovers. I am proud of the achievements that have it get in the world of crypto may he happy down there.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:41:53 PM

this is a sad story but nothing, sadly, news in this world.
Crypto are just another form of investment and losing all your money can take you to the edge and take this stupid decision.
Many people are killing themselves after they lost their job and can't find a new one, can't afford meals for their family or lose their houses.
Crypto are affected by this, everything who has a real value can affect your life in a good or bad way.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:46:39 PM
Merited by Slow death (1)

Unfortunately this is the reality of highly speculative and volatile  markets, so the advice that many have given on this forum and others is DO NOT invest/risk any more than you can comfortably afford to loose. Rest in peace.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:47:32 PM

that's a very stupid thing, not just in korea
it happens in some countries, and triggered by the same thing, that is experiencing loss of investment with bitcoin
I hope that everyone thinks before investing, and remember! bitcoin is an investment that has a very high risk
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:49:09 PM

I don't know why he has done that, game is not yet over for Bitcoin we are still in a thick of a fight, he will not see how it all ended or if he win or not in the future, this is what happens if you are not comfortable in your investment, experts have always advice newbies to only invest what you can afford to lose.

Totally agree with your thought, that the newbies begin into cryptocurrency he need to invest what he can afford to lose.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:50:58 PM

This is sad. Never invest or bet your entire life savings on anything so volatile and uncertain. Losing it all is a disaster which can destroy families, jobs, health and life.

Many of us are ardent believers and followers of this technology but cautious optimism is just as healthy as tempered skepticism.

Asians have a strong saving-face mentality which is what drives them to do extreme things to compensate for any failure. Even making life-ending decisions for things like failing exams or being rejected admission by universities.

Failures should be celebrated. It's like a free college course offered by the university of life.

fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:52:21 PM

Sad
A Korean student has committed suicide after falling into a depression because of a big loss of money invested in bitcoin and cryptocurrency......

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Also I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT invest more than what you are willing to lose! Do not invest your life savings (Car,house, college tuition..) Also it might not have  only been about crypto and he might have suffered from mental problems due to other things, If anyone reading this is going through depression. Don't be shy to talk about it with others you aren't alone  Wink

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:52:29 PM

So which is it? He won 200 million or 200 thousand? Wait no, he lost that much? What you wrote doesn't make any sense. I assume you've made some typos and meant to say he lost a shit ton of money.

200 million Korean Won (KRW) = about 200k USD.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2018/02/121_243438.html

moiseeva

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:00:06 PM

Sad
A Korean student has committed suicide after falling into a depression because of a big loss of money invested in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. A 20-year-old Korean student has been found to have committed suicide after falling into depression due to huge losses in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. The body of the victim was found at his home. The victim has earned 200 million won (about 200,000$) from investments in cryptocurrency.
it's so sad. Rest in peace.

This is why I say that one should be very cautious with Bitcoin investments. You should invest 10-20% of the savings only.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:09:09 PM

That would happen if we only focus our life on money.  If our focus will be on wealth and we based our happines on material things.  It is indeed sad that he became so desperate and ended his life just because he think that bitcoin is much more than life.  Anyways may he rest in peace.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: