Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:41:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:15:53 AM

Hold on now MPOE - are you really accusing NeoBee of being a scam?

Guy has no shame. MPOE's exchange is one of biggest ongoing scams to date, ripping off huge insane fees from unsuspecting customers.  

the fact that anyone buys into that pathetic charade is why it is allowed to exist

The fact that you get 10btc for recruiting an idiot to pay 30btc registration fees is what allows it to exist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theMiracle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:18:39 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 02:25:52 AM by theMiracle

Get back to discussing *this* "pathetic charade."  Let's stay on topic plox Smiley

Suggested theme:  "What happened to the pump?  Did vandals really break the handle?"
NanoAkron

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:37:25 AM

Get back to discussing *this* "pathetic charade."  Let's stay on topic plox Smiley

Suggested theme:  "What happened to the pump?  Did vandals really break the handle?"

What on earth do you mean? Anyone who bought during the IPVO is sitting on a 50% profit. Why would we want it 'pumped' when natural growth will bring far greater benefits over the long term.
plato14

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:24:53 AM

Opening day speculation, lots of reddit pumping saw this coming from a mile away.
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:13:20 AM

Opening day speculation, lots of reddit pumping saw this coming from a mile away.

Indeed, I sold off at the height of that rise, not because I think Neo Bee isn't a great company, but because there was obvious jump in price due to the positive media coverage. I'll buy back in at some point, just not right now. The company itself looks to be doing everything right- it's just going to be a very long road in developing its customer base, and reaching profitability. Those calling it a scam, or even a pump and dump, need to separate what the 'market' is doing from the company itself.

Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:47:03 AM

Any Idea what this "http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-03-05/its-protocol-stupid-observe-true-value-bitcoin-programmable-money-emerges" is? And if NEOBEE Stocks could be traded on a similar system/way.

Cheers,
SK 
Isn't Protoshares/Bitshares/Mastercoin/Nxt etc doing something similar?

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
PetePete

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:23:27 AM

I personally think the company has a future, I'm a British Cypriot and spent many childhood holidays in Cyprus and even lived in Cyprus for 2 years. Cypriots for one aren't stupid, we're looking at a population with the highest higher education rate in the whole of Europe.

The private university of Nicosia that also has several colleges and other universities (one of which I attended) across the island have a large amount of students from African countries because Cyprus is the closets place Africans can go to for a European education (also note that thier universities and colleges are associated with British universities and offering British qualifications). And it was these very students that were pestering the university to accept Bitcoin. The university has already accepted its first payment for a course and Neo-Bee processed this payment. Were talking about courses that cost thousands of pounds and the 1 or 2% commission fee taking for these courses are going to be a large part of the turn over of Neo-Bee for years to come. As we know Bitcoin is a more stable currency than many African fiat currency and Bitcoin is corruption free as well as a store of value so the proliferation of Bitcoin in Africa is only limited by the governments crackdown on it.

Edit: The Cypriot government has been lobbied by the University of Nicosia and I see no legal problems with Bitcoin in Cyprus
Stelios

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:10:45 AM

Any Idea what this "http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-03-05/its-protocol-stupid-observe-true-value-bitcoin-programmable-money-emerges" is? And if NEOBEE Stocks could be traded on a similar system/way.

Cheers,
SK 
The idea sounds grate! I hope it catches up, my question was if there is a way to transfer say Havelock stocks into a system like them. 
Stelios

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

I personally think the company has a future, I'm a British Cypriot and spent many childhood holidays in Cyprus and even lived in Cyprus for 2 years. Cypriots for one aren't stupid, we're looking at a population with the highest higher education rate in the whole of Europe.

The private university of Nicosia that also has several colleges and other universities (one of which I attended) across the island have a large amount of students from African countries because Cyprus is the closets place Africans can go to for a European education (also note that thier universities and colleges are associated with British universities and offering British qualifications). And it was these very students that were pestering the university to accept Bitcoin. The university has already accepted its first payment for a course and Neo-Bee processed this payment. Were talking about courses that cost thousands of pounds and the 1 or 2% commission fee taking for these courses are going to be a large part of the turn over of Neo-Bee for years to come. As we know Bitcoin is a more stable currency than many African fiat currency and Bitcoin is corruption free as well as a store of value so the proliferation of Bitcoin in Africa is only limited by the governments crackdown on it.

Edit: The Cypriot government has been lobbied by the University of Nicosia and I see no legal problems with Bitcoin in Cyprus

Even though I left Cyprus more than 10 years ago, I can validate Petes view.
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:17:27 PM

Cheers,
SK  
The idea sounds grate! I hope it catches up, my question was if there is a way to transfer say Havelock stocks into a system like them.  

Yeah, Mastercoin will be the first to release a decentralized exchange. It will allow other coins, stocks and such to be traded there. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/01/31/mastercoin-is-launching-a-distributed-exchange-on-march-15/

We could see Neo trading there in decentralized fashion.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

PetePete

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:31:29 PM

Just realized that I may have exposed part of Neo-Bee's business model. Could be another reason why Neo-Bee are so quiet at the moment. If a Bitcoin business can be so easily started due to low regulatory costs, it would be easy for a competitor to jump into the market. Give them time.
Skoutz

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:37:15 PM

I live in Cyprus and can confirm what it has been said.

The fact that the University of Nicosia is in full support makes the whole society much more comfortable and positive, in spite of all those negative news that are spiralling from around the world.
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:41:14 PM

The fact that the University of Nicosia is in full support makes the whole society much more comfortable and positive, in spite of all those negative news that are spiralling from around the world.

University of Cyprus CFO said on Keiser Report they are working on opening the first Bitcoin stock exchange in the world (like the NY stock exchange or NASDAQ) to turn Cyprus into a world Bitcoin financial hub. Any connection to that?

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

PetePete

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:57:34 PM

Possibly, we can only make inferences.

Also in regards to the decentralization of Bitcoin. The protocol and the public ledger are to some extent centralized because the code is running the show, the code is in charge, in this sense Bitcoin is centralized. And the Bitcoin code itself can be altered. Although I must admit Im not too sure how this alteration can occur for example is Gavin Anderson can make alteration unilaterally or if it involves the major mining pools to co-operate.
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:05:19 PM

^This type of questions belong to the Beginners & Help board.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:05:53 PM

Possibly, we can only make inferences.

Also in regards to the decentralization of Bitcoin. The protocol and the public ledger are to some extent centralized because the code is running the show, the code is in charge, in this sense Bitcoin is centralized. And the Bitcoin code itself can be altered. Although I must admit Im not too sure how this alteration can occur for example is Gavin Anderson can make alteration unilaterally or if it involves the major mining pools to co-operate.

Bitcoin code doesn't need to be altered. Mastercoin's decentralized exchange works on top of Bitcoin network.

Think of Bitcoin as 1st layer, followed by decentralized exchange on 2nd layer, followed by 3rd layer containing stocks like Neobee.  

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Skoutz

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:07:05 PM

University of Cyprus CFO said on Keiser Report they are working on opening the first Bitcoin stock exchange in the world (like the NY stock exchange or NASDAQ) to turn Cyprus into a world Bitcoin financial hub. Any connection to that?

I know they are working on it. I attended a conference at the university organised by the ruling political party. The university and the Cyprus stock exchange were very positive about this. Neo officials said thT they will give any assistance needed.

I do not know further details.
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:11:57 PM

I know they are working on it. I attended a conference at the university organised by the ruling political party. The university and the Cyprus stock exchange were very positive about this. Neo officials said thT they will give any assistance needed.

I do not know further details.

Hmm. Interesting. Neo's assistance might prove pretty lucrative for Neo. They will probably choose Neo as a foundation on which to build the infrastructure.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Skoutz

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

The chairman of the stock exchange said they lack knowledge of bitcoin and will welcome any help from Neo and the university.

If they manage to do this, Cyprus and Neo will become the center of the bitcoin world!

Perhaps someone from Neo or the university should enlighten us.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:21:32 PM

The chairman of the stock exchange said they lack knowledge of bitcoin and will welcome any help from Neo and the university.

Source?
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: