Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:23:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4449 times)
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:05:44 AM

In my opinion, holding alts is not dangerous at all but holding alts is risky if you don't have good ones because it's like a gamble if you hold alts that doesn't have potential. I suggest that you should study alts that has a good project and investors.
it should be noted by traders because at this time a lot of altcoin that does not provide an advantage. altcoin will not be harmful if it is held in the long run but the altcoin should have good potential. so if you want to hold altcoin it does not matter if it has good altcoin and potentially.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:19:55 AM

I never felt anything dangerous holding the altcoin but the dangerous thing is when the price is increasing if we don't sell at the point. It is going to be the really foolish thing because already you are making the profit on the investment you made. Plan yourself before making any investment.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:34:43 AM

Absolutely not, even though altcoins are still dependent on the value of btc some of them are worth holding. It is up to us,meaning it is our decision whether or not it is dangerous because if you hold a wrong/bad altcoin(ex.if you just made the decision based in your intuition not by doing a research about the coin)  for sure you will lose a lot but thats fine since mistakes are the best lesson that we can have in this business.
Random Seller

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:46:51 AM

I think that holding alt coins is fairly dangerous. I believe most alt coins will trend towards 0 in the future.
7Pro

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:48:55 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

I get your point. You telling us that the marketcap in old coin move to other ico coin and make the exist coin get lower price. Is that what you mean?
If so, yes you are right. Some not popular coin will be dead because thats just circulation of money. So new coin raise, unpopular exist coin might die. So to make holding not dangerous, you must decide to in mvest in popuar coin like etherium, waves and other.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:49:05 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 06:29:34 AM by Bessta

I don't think so if you invested on  good and reliablre altcoins. There are alts which are risky  than others specially if you didn't do your research well. Altcoins are becoming popular now and many are investing and hodling. Altcoins are profitable if you hodl fo long term. You  should monitor your alts and if you see you are earning  or price goes up you  should decide at once and sell them then buy new altcoins.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
sweetdolly

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:50:43 AM

i dont see holding alts as a dangerous thing. The most important is if you will invest in alts make sure you know everything in it, do some research on the coins you plan to hold and  dont put all your money. Save for the worst case scenario. be prepared everything can happen. Actually i earn good in trading  them while holding some of my alts coin.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:10:44 AM

Not at all if altcoins are good (e.g: NEO, WAVES, ETH, ETC, XMR, etc), I hodl some altcoins and they rise exceptionally.  So it is not a bad idea to hold altcoins but make sure they are good solid coins.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:30:17 AM

It's depend on the coin that you hold, but if you keep on following the news you should able to control your investment, its a bit risky to hold alt coins but it also can be profitable, so if you can choose the right coin then its not dangerous at all, but if you choose recklessly then it's dangerous
DiceChain

Activity: 353

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:37:35 AM

altcoin is not as dangerous as you say. Most people earn money thanks to altcoin. This is a good investment. they buy cheap altcoin. As bitcoin goes up, every altcoin goes up. When bitcoin is down, altcoin goes down. So we can control it. If you are the holder just keep to the goal and do not care about the current price
Moons Trader

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:30:50 AM

I hold 5 alts and all I have to do is wait patiently. Im sure of it, because time works in our favor on the cryptocurrency market.
dwarfik

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:39:22 AM

As soon as you hold alts with active development and sufficient community. With large coins (Top 10) you have less chance that they just die or disappear of course. But generally, with a bit of due digilence, you are safe.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:37:57 AM

It depend what kind of alt you hold. If you hold scam alt like règal coin and bitconnect you probably will going bancrupt in a year. Just invest to alt which have a real used case for blockchain like ethereum and ico on top of ethereum blockchain like savedroid, quantum1net, denaro, cindicator. If you hold such alt you will win thats why you need a research first before investing.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:58:47 AM

I don't think holding altcoins can be dangerous because you wouldn't be holding something not unless you know that coin has potential to grow big in the future right? Just like buying coins in the trading site, of course you would find time first to do research on the coins you are investing and not just randomly selecting coins out of nowhere.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
MasterBTspace

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:06:44 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
High risk and high profit.
As the number of ICOs raise, the risk of lose will grow.
findgreenland

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:11:55 AM

Most of us invest ICOs aim to get high profit from them rather then for their inovation. So when the profit is  fulfilled, it seems no reason for us to hold them. Most of speculations make the altcoins pump and dump and then finally dead like Penny Stocks.

LeoEspansq

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:27:15 AM

Indeed a very large number of coins have already become dead, new ones have appeared and they are no worse than the old ones. Over time, everything is improved and past mistakes are taken into account, but every investment in any coin is a big risk. Therefore, you can not worry when you hold the alt in your portfolio, here half of the forum are.
DirkDiggler1911

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:43:29 AM

Investing in altcoins was the best thing to do last year but I don't know if this year is going to be the same, nothing can go up forever I think the altcoins and ICO's bubbles are going to explode soon, something like in the next 3-6 months.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:56:17 AM

A bit risky but not that dangerous if you don't hold for a long time.. Some alts boom but most of them dies.
tri lie

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:45:33 AM

dangerous if you can't wait too freaked out if at any time the price of the coin falls, it's usually done by novice investors who hold their coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: