Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:01:48 AM

Somehow it is. Most frequently the alts that was not well develop by dev to last for a long time in cryptocurrency. Alts that defeated is the dangerous to hold because it have no value at all or simply it is useless anymore. No change to recover. But not all alts have the same Destiny in crypto land.
those alts that your saying is those pump and dump,or those shitcoin that only created to deal with investors and not the market,this kind of coins are only for profits,this has no concern in the coins but for the sale only,after it was released on the market just alittle while and it will be dead,better try to find those coin that has good roadmap and whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Yes, holding alts always involves danger because cryptocurrencies are unpredictable. Meaning, either we loose or gain some profits. Holding is easy kind of job because we are only waiting for the coin we hold to increased.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:19:57 AM

The ever-changing changes to altcoin are an ever-present characteristic. Altcoin's price is very volatile in every moment so it has a high risk, that's the reason that holding altcoins for a long time becomes very risky to lose. For me we need a very good data analysis to be able to predict Altcoin price movements, but I think that trading Altcoin much better in a short tempo that is when we already get profit margin then we immediately do the action. All things related to investment is very risky, but when we can get the right momentum then we can achieve big profits. All depends on us because we take risks in order to get good results and we certainly want to get a future full of happiness.
Zetminster

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:40:50 AM

holding alts can be dangerous, this can be profitable or loss. look for a coins that has good potential in the future to holding rather than choosing a coins without potential. this can reduce the risk of loss

That is right. I just hold good alts like the Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and ZCash. They are quite secure.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:55:59 AM

Not really. It is not holding altcoins per se that is dangerous. It is holding useless and shit altcoins that is dangerous. Holding altcoins is actually a good thing. It is an advisable strategy as the longer time you give your altcoins the bigger the gains you are making and the bigger the possibility that all these altcoins will be able to succeed in reaching their goals. Just avoid the shitcoins as they will definitely die early.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:24:03 AM

I can't find a reason why holding altcoins is dangerous. We all know that if a certain project don't do some improvements after a certain time it will eventually lose its value overtime. That is why we need to research and study first about the coin we are investing if its for a long term investment or just short term. So everything depends on the holder if he/she holds a coin forever even if he/she is not seeing any improvements because those coins will lose its value in the end.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:29:10 AM

I would rather say that it dangerous (because in total it is risky to invest in cryptocurrencies) but in my opinion it is the only way to get big profit (holder always win Grin).

Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:34:26 AM

Holding anything can be risky but alt coins are more than that. All alt coins depend on btc (when btc goes up their value rises) but when btc goes down the value of alts sink heavily. So often there are alts which carry interesting new ideas but often lack the key feature of bitcoin. it is well known as network effect.
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:03:27 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Depends on which one you hodl. Buy only things with good fundamdently and hodl them at least until next euphoria phase. Good ones are Waves or Byteball imho for example.
tienigarazz

Activity: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:11:08 AM

No its not, it is too risky but not that dangerous.
Investing in altcoin is a very good idea, all you need to do is pick the right altcoin. Because it can make your money multiply or worst gone.
Always be patient and trust your alts.

Mrs Aura

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:01:30 AM

There is no investation with a totally 0 risk, seeing so many new altcoin in the market these day there must be at least one alt coin that going to be a big  hit sooner or later.  So i think holding alts will not be that dangerous as long as you choose the right alt to hold. you learn their workplan you do some research on it and if it is good enough then hold them. But of course don't ever go all-in for any alt, because many of it just dont even worth even only as a free gift
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:09:13 AM

holding alts would be dangerous if you investing on a bad alts without studying about their white paper and only investing and holding on it because you just thought that it is cheap and you are waiting for it to grow. but if you hold alts like omg and appcoin with a good roadmap and white paper then i think it will not be dangerous and will help you earn x10 in the future.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

I think it depends on the altcoins you are holding but I don’t think altcoins are dangerous to hold. You just have to make sure the coins you are holding are all legit and not one of those scam altcoins. And maybe it is very risky too but not that dangerous though.
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

I think it depends on the altcoins you are holding but I don’t think altcoins are dangerous to hold. You just have to make sure the coins you are holding are all legit and not one of those scam altcoins. And maybe it is very risky too but not that dangerous though.
Agree. Most important thing in holding coins is knowlegde about coin you are planning to buy. Some altcoins I hold more than 3 months and feel alright about it.
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

Holding altcoin will always give us profit but everything depends on choosing the good potential coins in the market. People are failing to choose potential coins and at last failing to make money, in some most of people become only because they are holding the altcoin which has potential.
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:00:23 PM

I can say that NO. Holding alts is not dangerous if you just bought altcoins that is quality and the project has special features or purpose, there are many altcoins that is shitcoin, not legit. So make sure that you are holding altcoins that has the quality and real team behind the project.
Thats true, if you hold altcoin that have good quality and have good technology like Ethereum, Waves, XRP, Stellar, etc. of course the risk will not be too big because they have great potential in the future. so holding that coin for a long time is not dangerous. unless you hold shitcoin and wish they had a double price of course it is risky and dangerous..

I will say the opposite. Though you hold promissing coin like etherium and bitcoin, but you can not make sure what will happen next. So saying that its not dangerous would be wrong because all have their won risk.
I can say that holding etherium has lower risk because it has potential for growing but it still has risk and it mean still dangerous for me.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
Enzo05

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:43:22 PM

holding altcoins is dangerous because it may gone as well as it is a digital currency . Investing in bitcoin is also considering at risk because pump and dump is really normal to BTC but somehow more people are gaining money out of it . So it depends on you if you wanna risk or not .
okan

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:05:07 PM

yes and yes.

all our money is melting because of btc crashes.

it is decreasing it btc is up or down no matter its way.
i lost morethan 20 percent in one week.
zhelis74

Activity: 510

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

yes and yes.

all our money is melting because of btc crashes.

it is decreasing it btc is up or down no matter its way.
i lost morethan 20 percent in one week.
Well, if the king of all coin dive then everything on crypto will going down too, as for me holding Altcoins is very dangerous if the holder is not monitoring its market trend because the crushing of bitcoin will make every altcoin lost its value. Therefore we should be smart in holding so that we will not be compromise at the end.

Azizjon92

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:43:43 PM

of course, if the new technology is better than the old one, the new one will displace the old technology, it is the process of evolution, so there is nothing special about it. we just need to monitor the market and see what promising projects come out and what projects lose their positions and act on the basis of these data
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: