Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 04:41:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4450 times)
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:04:47 PM

yeah holding alts is stupid. I made a stupid move by holding a lot of alts. That was not a smart move at all tbh. I wish I would have just gone all into BTC or ETH.
Bodywowoya

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:42:57 PM

And what if the market does not please us, it remains only to hold and not play on the pumps and the main thing is to catch the exit moment, which is extremely difficult with any such coin. Therefore, it is a great danger to play on short-term investments than to keep for two years.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
goodrus69

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:46:19 PM

I think a huge part of the altcoins will make a lot of money for investors. Just keep the ones that have potential value, and after few years You can earn tens of thousands dollars.
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:16:59 PM

of course it is so dangerous if you choose a wrong coin. but with some good projects such as Abyss, Wepower, INS system, you wont be regret when investing them
Tiennou74

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:56:10 PM

It depends on how much you invest ! and it could be dangerous if you in wrong time so that investment could give you big lose ! so buy ALT when it is dip !

Happy Trading
Thanks
Regards
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1018

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:57:33 PM

Holding altcoins can be dangerous only if you are not ready to see how your investment portfolio decreases sometimes. Altcoins are a big risk. Some newcomers don't want to believe in this and think that the crypto market is always growing.

moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:16:45 PM

I dont see anything dangerous by holding altcoins. I think dangerous is who are holding altcoins especially if the market price too dip. 
It's high risk to hold a not proven coins you need to monitor that frequently if how the price as this is might be a shitcoins that developers wants only for quick profits not good for long term investment. Don't hold if you are not confident that it will grow in the coming months or years.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:05:19 AM

Holding altcoins can be dangerous only if you are not ready to see how your investment portfolio decreases sometimes. Altcoins are a big risk. Some newcomers don't want to believe in this and think that the crypto market is always growing.
Yes, it is. It will be dangerous if we do not know what should we do. We have to know about the basic of crypto world and development of it. There are people who want to make instant profit without knowing that the crypto market can change anytime. That is why some people lose a lot of money especially those who quit their jobs and use all their savings to invest in some new Altcoins that are still uncertain. If you are new to this game and the world of crypto, just invest in some popular and certain crypto like BTC, ETH, and others. Do not invest in something you do not know because that is the same as gambling. Altcoins can give good profit if you know the way.
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:06:21 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I think it is depending on the project profile, as for long term to hodl alts is similar to own shares in a company gained from IPO. If the project is good then that alt price will be maintained or perhaps increasing periodically.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:31:32 AM

yeah holding alts is stupid. I made a stupid move by holding a lot of alts. That was not a smart move at all tbh. I wish I would have just gone all into BTC or ETH.

While trading with altcoins you need be very patient because you cannot make a profit in short period time. Altcoins are a long-term investment and sometimes it is based on the market situation ups and downs.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:41:09 AM

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. It depends to the type of the altcoins. There are some altcoins that are potential and some also are shit altcoins. So we cannot say that holding a certain altcoin is dangerous or not.

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:56:43 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
It can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, this is why many prefer to only hold bitcoin it's easier and it safer but for those that want bigger profits they can choose altcoins but the risk is always there as well so if you are not an experiment that investor you can still invest in altcoins but do not make the mistake of holding for too long.
Yakult

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:17:09 AM

Leaving as it is, is always dangerous, investing in to crypto is already a big risks. If you are into earning, you should watch every update and be ready to sell it anymore. Don't settle your mindset that it will grow again anytime soon. There is no guarantee to thing statement. if you're planning on long time investment, better to act like you don't care with your coin cause it will really affect you.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:47:20 AM

Leaving as it is, is always dangerous, investing in to crypto is already a big risks. If you are into earning, you should watch every update and be ready to sell it anymore. Don't settle your mindset that it will grow again anytime soon. There is no guarantee to thing statement. if you're planning on long time investment, better to act like you don't care with your coin cause it will really affect you.

it isnt dangerous but it is risky. I guess the word danger is slightly different to the word risky. we only use the word danger in a real world but in online world we oftenly use the word risky. anyways , holding alts is not risky based on my own opinion because the real risky is when you sell it or when you trade it. theres always a chance for every coins to recover , therfor holding or investing is pretty safe at all.
nesso

Activity: 642
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:50:23 AM

if you sell your altcoins, one day you will regret it. you can do a lot of damage at the time of the fall, even though we have seen it in the crash we last experienced, but at risk we can make a lot of money in the longterm Smiley
apur688

Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:52:47 AM

In my opinion, holding altcoin is a wise thing, as long as it is done at the right time. That is when altcoin prices are falling. To wait for the price to go up, holfibg needs to be done for a few days, a few weeks, or even months. This is what is usually done by reliable investors. In a careful way, altcoin holding can bring huge profits. Maybe in 2018, you have to hold your altcoin. And also do not worry about the decline in altcoin prices, so as not to harm you traders and investors. thank you

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:54:55 PM

It is cut throat for competition out there meaning new coins will be born every die and some old coins will stop being relevant soon. This is just evolution at its finest and you either get good at something or cease to exist, crypto is no exception to that rule.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
tisumagic

Activity: 364

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:21:11 PM

Altcoins are clearly high risk high profit investment, yes if you won't do proper research - it is dangerous. But when you are sure about your alt, made good research, you can't name it dangerous at all. Cryptocurrencies are future and no one will stop it.
I agree with this, but only partially. because true, cryptocurrency is the currency of the future that can not be dammed technological progress. but it does not mean that it will not get ruined. because the cryptocurrency will be valuable if someone else is using it

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:21:58 PM

Hodling is always a risk but you won't be profitable in this business if you will not take a risk. You just need to know when you will sell your altcoins and don't wait for landing it to the moon.
Arabella.Theo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:35:28 PM

When holding alts I think it's extremely risky holding. We don't know where this space will be in 6months never mind years in future so investing in low cap alts comes with a great deal of risk so making sure you invest in alts with real tech, real products and surrounded by a community of users is imperative
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: