Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 02:45:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4442 times)
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:12:10 AM

I think it isn't dangerous at all as long as you are fully aware of the kind of altcoins you currently have or plan to hold. Awareness
in a sense wherein you also know what to do with them, considering the value and price of altcoins isn't that much high compared
to bitcoins. That definitive timing to hold and sell should something be of concern. Although some would disagree on this because,
with recent market situations pertaining to the ongoing dips, altcoins don't seem to be profitable. Bitcoins is having trouble, how
much more altcoins, they depend on bitcoin's trail and behavior nowadays. So holding altcoins is a risky but still good option.
I think people still refer this year as the year of altcoins, I think that stills stands despite the dips and red days recently.
vfrias

Activity: 90
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 04:13:33 AM

Yes it is, in comparison with bitcoin it is very dangerous. And as everything in investment world, more risk x more potential profit, so just study the project you are in and see if it worths the hodling or not.

Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:17:16 AM

Although risks of this type are all heavy, there are ways to develop confidence trading. Research about exclusive economy connections or patent development would likely skyrocket exact efforts put in. Don't ever kid yourself, these coins all have held value persistent to claim exchange.

I doubt ALT's will ever collapse, because known alternatives have to exist.

Follow through using exact metrics and results to hold become easy to follow through with.

bernike

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:15:05 AM

in my opinion is not dangerous, but more towards our foresight in tradingnya. because if we are in a hurry in exchange for altcoin, will cause a loss in investment. as we know that now altcoin prices have not been so stable. and it takes carefulness for the future of altcoin that we hold.  Smiley

Bitcoin Address: 1MBUC1okNaazGucCB7eHbv82rUxyNGNCAc
https://bizzilion.com/?ref=kumanjelek
coolws

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:29:57 PM

It is not dangerous if you hold potential coins. I think holding alts would have more risks than BTC, ETH and so on because no one can predict the price will go up or down and will fluctuate a lot due to trading market. you'd better hold some of top 10 coins and become quite profitable.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:43:22 PM

Standing in the bottom is always dangerous, but the winner is much better. In these market conditions, BTC and ETH are the most secure.

yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:48:59 PM

Its a fact that altcoin price for btc trading is increasing now, the lowest price was gone and altcoin will rise with the market, there is little danger for those which have been listed on large exchanges like Binance and Huobi, but if for those which only listed on small exchanges, it will be dangerous indeed
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 02:04:26 PM

it depends on what kind of altcoins, but I think most high market cap altcoins will follow Bitcoin move for example if Bitcoin goes up then eth will rise at the same time but maybe with few hours of delay.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:09:14 PM

Well if you have to consider that there are over a hundred coins out there and only very few of them are popular or are in use as per their original token value. To be holding tokens with little or no value can indeed spell doom for your growing assets
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:13:26 PM

Is hodling alts dangerous?

I dont think so? for me hodling is still the best way to maximize profit just be sure you choose a rigth Coin/Token that has working platform and product just stay positive and believe your instinct 100% so it can be done freely.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:15:34 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
holding altcoin is something that has a very high risk but can not be called dangerous. especially if you hold the coins now when the price is down. it is not a dangerous thing.
it depend on what altcoin are you holding because ethereum an litecoin is altcoin too means its dangerous holding this two top coins?ofcourse this wont be dangerous unless youre having SHITCOINS yhen it must be dangerous ,but if youre having the top 20 coi forure this is not a danger and profit is indeed with this..i am holding 6 alts on my folio and i dont feel danger with it
cryptorobbo

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:09:38 PM

After last few bearish months I realize that HODLing should go together with a good risk management in order to cut losses. Otherwise losses can cut Your budget.
torotot

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:40:37 PM

I guess altcoin perish for not founded in extravagant way of engagement in this business. It can be a relevant reason also when the developers could not able to handle the team to the trip of business campaign. There are so many campaigns here that seems interesting and can touch the sky of success but unknown year of staying.
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:31:44 PM

Holding alts is dangerous, you are right. It is dangerous if you hold the wrong type of altcoins: e.g., those susceptible to pumps and dumps. Or useless MN coins with no future whatsoever. Or tokens with no value other than just existing.
I personally do not know why someone can meet a guy on the street and instantly think 'conman' while people in the crypto spaces see a dubious ICO and that caution is thrown out the window. If you'd just take an iota (!) of caution when investing in an altcoin then the dangerous part would be taken care of easily. Invest in great projects like Multiversum, only after doing enough research on them.
antolinicio1

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:24:59 PM

It would not be difficult to believe but it's true. My briefcase is made up of altcoins, I'm afraid that maybe someday it will turn into zero.

Long Bitcoin , Short the Bankers
babay_ko

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:03:03 PM

I don't think that hodling alt coins is dangerous.But you need to be careful with altcoins because some will fail and some will be succeed.Altcoins is the  the best way to make money. The big coins ,like bitcoin, are safer bets, but ultimately it is up to you.

biddicoin

Activity: 1077
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:27:05 PM

remember if the most of coins is sh!t. it means very dangerous if you hold a wrong coin.
that's why you must know and understand what coin do you hold. then u can take a decision for it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Lecsor

Activity: 210

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:10:08 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
And we'll see when the bull market comes and the growth of coins begins, it will be possible to ask people if they won from the fact that they kept coins. It is clear that many coins will die for such a long time after such a stress, but an intelligent trader conducts his own diversification.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
Ovgri

Activity: 182

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:40:04 AM

Hodling altcoins is not dangerous if you have a clear strategy and a well-crafted portfolio with well-distributed risks. In this situation, you can lose everything only if cryptomarket collapses. Do you believe in this?

Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:01:05 AM

That's a very good question .. I know it's not dangerous. It's just a cousin that he has held for a long time. he earns.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: