Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4439 times)
akterjuli
Copper Member

Activity: 749
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:44:58 PM

Actually i don't think alts holding is dangerous because i believe alts price dump or pump it's a nature of crypto market. So if you have patience and if you have enough money then you can hold for long term.I think if you can then you will get a very good profit from them.   
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:59:52 PM

I believe that it will depend in the altcoins that you will invest  to, specially with new altcoins that have finished their ICOs. Because some of the ICOs structure or road map is not unreal or not good or the ICO is just plain scam to get money from others. But if you study the alcoins carefully and read to their goals then you will see that some for the altcoins out there has very good future.
byzodiac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:18:53 PM

Yes it is very dangerous I think, today you can see every altcoins dropped %10-15 and there is no reason for this, they can rise or drop easily I didnt understand why they are dropping again.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:49:26 PM

I think the idea of holding when the prices are crumbling is a bad idea, there are some tokens I was holding for sometime  now that have never hit their ICO prices talkless of hitting the profit for the investors, there are some many tokens in the space now that are just there to deceive if you just hold them blindly you will lose all your investment
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:52:51 PM

Yes it is very dangerous I think, today you can see every altcoins dropped %10-15 and there is no reason for this, they can rise or drop easily I didnt understand why they are dropping again.

You can see from the latest trends, the big problem of the case on the erc-20 token causes panic from the holder, and especially the problem in myetherwallet, this is part of the extreme fluctuations in the crypto currency, in this case the percentage of altcoin always falls more than its rate of increase which is slow, I think it is still in a reasonable stage because the price will always be organic.
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:19:58 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

It actually depends, there are coins out there that are too old and still profitable. It depends on what coin have you been holding for a long time. You should still get an update about it, so that you will be aware if the dev team is still active on marketing or development.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:38:52 PM

Yes it is very dangerous, when bitcoin falls 5% the alts are dumping 10-20% they are so volatile. Just look at the charts, some of the alts will
never reach their ath again in bitcoin. They may pump in usd value, but it is hard to break bitcoin price ath.

SPINPIX

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:39:08 PM

holding alts is dangerous if you invested more than the amount that you can afford to loss. if you invested the right amounth and u picked the right coins in my opinion holding is a nice strategy in the long time, maybe it can give you less gains than do daytrading but it still offers nice gains and if all the market crashes you wont be ruined.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Vizzoy

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:23:22 PM

I think it's funny to have a lot of altcoins. I prefer to have a lot of different tokens rather than have only ETH or something like that.
Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:48:06 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

Holding alts also is dangerous especially when the price is very low just like this time. There are some coins that has no potential to grow and it might die in a long time holding. It maybe have no cost in the future. That's why I'm scared also especially my salary token Now have no value. Im scared because that's only my hope to get a profit for my sacrifices for how many months. Only bitcoin has the potential to grow up faster.
Duallimit

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:56:57 PM

Depends on the quality of the project. If the project is reliable, then you need to HOLD , if not, just for luck. Hold recommend to everyone who does not know how to trade and does not have enough funds to invest in different projects.
cryptofuturologist

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:59:07 PM

Sometimes it's very dangerous. I think that if the market is in a bearish trend, then holding coins is very dangerous. Many people are not used to watching how their portfolio is melting.

tursunalimenman

Activity: 373
Merit: 15

bounty stakes trading

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 09:00:47 PM

It depends on you, because if you buy at high and sell when market goes down any strategy for you will be dangerous. Of course it's not dangereous if you're holding coins with good project and solid team. Checking everytime any altcoins and sell coin that can't make something good. I sell sometimes my altcoins when I see that porject don't have any progress or when team don't know what to do. So no in general it's not dangerous if you're controling situation.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
TripleDrible

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:13:28 PM

Nothing surprising. The Moor has done his work, the Moor must leave. Only the strongest tokens left, that are successfully integrated into the crypto market.
yunusseymen16

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:13:39 PM

I think not dangerous, but that depend what altcoin you will hold. Because there a lot altcoins can be choose, but not all it has good future. You must analyze it at the market and you must have good speculation of it. So the conclusion, no danger but to be patient and wisely.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:16:30 PM

It actually depends, there are coins out there that are too old and still profitable. It depends on what coin have you been holding for a long time. You should still get an update about it, so that you will be aware if the dev team is still active on marketing or development.
Yes, ico project that dev still active and has development progress could be still have good prospect profit in future, because i'm disagree if holding altcoin are worthless. Holding investment are kind of high risk speculation investment type, so we just need being active to checking how's the project has been going so far.
jhon pantau

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:30:14 PM

Altcoins will not be harmful if you choose it right, it will not harm you, it will even benefit you. With the current rise in bitcoin prices, it will certainly bring altcoins to higher prices as well.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:31:58 AM

We have to know how volatiles chart of cryptocurrency is work if wanna make some profits on it. Some of alts like a top 15 CMC list are more safer than the other, but somehow brand new alts could give us multiple benefit rather than top 15 list. So it is up to us, how dare we are face the dangerous risk on this cryptocurrency world. Because it is sometimes big risk is a big profits.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:31:16 AM

Choosing the right one will always have the potential but all altcoins depend on the bitcoin price, so when bitcoin price kept decreasing it will affect all other altcoins. Some we can treat them as dangerous but people who are holding will get more benefit from it.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:05:22 AM

For me Yes, Because we all don't know when BTC,ETH or any altcoins will go down. If we hit are goals in price lets trade it for no regrets at the end.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: