Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4439 times)
Musia

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:43:14 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I will not say that this is too dangerous, but I can warn you that this is difficult, more complex process, but a little podazhdat can be in search of a better result.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Markperop

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:48:41 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I will not say that this is too dangerous, but I can warn you that this is difficult, more complex process, but a little podazhdat can be in search of a better result.
I completely agree with you, because you can choose more effective areas of activity, thus deprive yourself of the risk. You can deal with trade or short-term investments, Although the Crypto currency has risks always and everywhere.

HELLO EVERYONE.
Quesdana

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:01:03 PM

Yes that's a general idea about holding a certain amount of currency, and not just in cryptocurrency but also fiat savings always puts you in danges in most certain cases. When all system was involved of money then its value might be always subjected to volatility, and altcoins can be more suitable for that to be more volatile compare of fiat currency. The danger here is because of that reasons, so you must be clever enough of choosing how to buy good and trusted alts.
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:22:41 PM

Yes that's a general idea about holding a certain amount of currency, and not just in cryptocurrency but also fiat savings always puts you in danges in most certain cases. When all system was involved of money then its value might be always subjected to volatility, and altcoins can be more suitable for that to be more volatile compare of fiat currency. The danger here is because of that reasons, so you must be clever enough of choosing how to buy good and trusted alts.
you are absolutely right, but you can pay attention to the field of authoritative users and their actions. Thus, you can use not only your knowledge, but also act in a proven way of other people.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:48:24 PM

It's true that this market is so risky / dangerous.

But what makes you think holding altcoins are dangerous? Do you think holding bitcoin would be safer?
hmm....

Personally, I would prefer holding altcoins over bitcoin at the time being. Bitcoin is an old crypto currency and it's pretty lame in my opinion (slow transaction, expensive fees, overloaded blockchain) while in the other hand with altcoins you can have the exact opposite  (fast-to-instant transaction speed, low fees, etc). The only reason why bitcoin is prioritized over altcoins is because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency ever known therefore people still choose bitcoin. But what about the future? I'm pretty sure altcoins will win over bitcoin in the future especially if crypto will be used in real life for daily purposes.

valeru.aver

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:04:33 PM

It seems to me that it is necessary to follow the altcoin and that keeping the altcoin is one of the good tactics, if it is done at the right time. wait until the price grows and sell coins. At low prices, buy the coins you are interested in.
Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:46:10 AM

There is always a danger when holding altcoins. Because we don't know if the altcoins we hold have a good future ahead or dump in the future.

JackdunR

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:09:11 AM

Depending on the coin you hold, if you hold the coin with no potential and strength, you will lose a certain thing. I believe in the future the Crypto market is not just relying on patience to make a profit. They will be a tougher market for investors.
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:36:16 AM

Of course very risky. But the whole crypto market is risky. Maybe the riskiest investment instruments are cryptos.
If you think this is dangerous this market is not for you.
You can invest your money in the banks for a less dangerous investment.
Holding, trading and everything regarding the investment is very high risk.
You said in the bank is the best choice? I think so. We can separate 2 saving to reduce the risk as our previous idea. Diversification is always the first choice mate.
Ucupers

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:12:53 AM

Have an Altcoin it would be very dangerous for you if you get carried away the emotion to have the advantage. And all the Altcoin you buy without thinking of the development and potential of the coins. And when prices go down you feel anxiety and emotion, the coins you are selling when market prices fall. Finally, you have to lose money with a very nominal lot.
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:22:40 AM

It completely depends upon the situation of the company, Of course, holding the altcoin is always risky but we have to think before holding it. All altcoin will not give short-term profits and we have to wait until the price starts increasing. If you don't have any patience better leave the market.
Woolles890

Activity: 448

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:34:01 AM

I think Altcoin is not dangerous if you can choose Altcoin which is good and promising for the present or future. Token-tokens in ICO can be very profitable if we can choose it with detail. If you really want to buy Altcoin, you have to choose if Altcoin is indeed the best. Do not let you choose wrong.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:38:37 AM

First you choose the the best coin before invest. So it important for the investment then get profit. If need for the coin information check the market place then invest. Most of the people check the market coin price then invest. So if check the market price then get more ideas and information. It time to acct. So time is important for this process. It any time to change the price.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:32:48 AM

Holding my bullet dick is dangerous

It’s gold for nerds
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:46:58 PM

It will depend on wjat kind of altcoins you are HODLing as there are altcoins that are either was out performed by another altcoin or not as popular or it is not circulated and traded in the market. That is why evaluating an altcoin and checking in graphs and analyzing it is important.
Seano

Activity: 303
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:54:22 PM

If to hold the purpose for long time, and the coin which you are going to hold is one of popular coins, then for me it isn't dangerous to hold her. But if it is one of newborn coins, I wouldn't advise you to do it, but the last decision still remains to yours. If you know the potential of it in the future, then follow gold.
Coinseeker22

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:42:51 PM

Thats true in a way, with all the ICO’s and campaigns nowadays. Add the growing demand of technology and people. There is a possibility that this might happen but not with in a snap. ICO will take a little time before it gains value comparable with the major coins right now. Hodling for a while and loosing will only happen if you do not pay attention to the current market of your alt coin. Hope everything change for the better.

--- WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
SPINPIX

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:57:42 PM

holding altcoins is dangerous only if your portfolio is composed by pump and dump shitcoins that don't have a real project but are all about speculation; with these  if there is a bearish period you risk to loose almost all the value, some coins lost 90% from january! if you hold solid projects it's less likely to loose everything because many will hold even during a downthrend because they believe in the project. said that i think that bitcoin and ethereum are one step above all others coins regarding the safeness of the investiment, i don't think that btc will ever go back to 1000 and if it does that it would mean that the whole market is dead.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
samycoin

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:10:49 PM

Holding alts is not dangerous because some of alts is good for holding in long term. It depends to coin if it is scam coin I think that one is dangerous to hold because is wasting time to hold nothing gonna happen to that coin. That's why we need to find a good alts to hold that give us a profit.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
shillerguy020

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:34:23 PM

Holdy altcoins is beneficial when it's not for more than 1-2 years, and then provided that you constantly keep track of the rate of those coins that you have. This also applies to the Ethereum.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: