Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
CryptoMato2018

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:30:08 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

you can hold altcoint in qt wallet, its safe then hold on exchange.

but you want see updates all week, becouse some coins have update in wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:36:46 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

you can hold altcoint in qt wallet, its safe then hold on exchange.

but you want see updates all week, becouse some coins have update in wallet
The fact is that developers have new ideas, and their new projects are very promising. And this, in turn, is competition in the crypto-currency market, What influences the death of a weaker opponent. In this case, coins.
Aion2n

Activity: 700
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:47:56 PM

Yes, many altcoins have already been left in the past and many altcoins will still appear in the future. If you want to hold altcoin for 5 years and not look at the situation on the market, it's very dangerous. But if you are a sensible person, then you will control your investments: be interested in the coin, its development, the work of the team, the news that surrounds it. In this case, there is nothing very dangerous in investing in altcoins.
Investing in a crypto currency is in itself risky, whether it be btc, eth or altcoins. This zone is so dangerous. So while being in this market you can forget about complete tranquility (although everywhere, where it comes to earning large sums of money, it's unsettled).
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:23:59 PM

Holding altcoins arent dangerous but the only panic situation people face is when the market crashes or else have a bear market for a longer period of time they feel unsafe holding altcoins, in reality, it is nt the case we can hodl altcoins if we are expecting long-term profits
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:37:06 PM

Dangerous??? That’s a heavy word dude! Risky is the proper word I assume you mean to use. But all the coins are risky, including Bitcoin. This is a basic nature of cryptocurrencies. They are risky because there are huge fluctuations in the values of the cryptocurrencies. But these fluctuations help you to earn huge profits also. Just make sure to invest in reliable Altcoins and stay away from “shitcoins”.
yasarefe02

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:14:42 PM

In some sort not,but the market graphs now are so wavey that you cannot clearly say about whats gonna happen to the coin you are holding but if you have strong sense that what you are holding has great potential no worriesnor feel danger.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 08:18:56 PM

i cant image that to be hodl could be dangerous.
check the situation and sell or buys when time is best

Cool

yanixbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:11:41 PM

It depends on the altcoin you are holding. I dont see any problem on holding a trustworthy altcoin. Reliable coin creators develops a reliable altcoin, we should be careful in choosing.

Yes, I don't think holding an altcoin is dangerous. There are several altcoins that have big potential and are worthy of holding for long term basis. Just be good enough in choosing your coins to hold, as we have seen the bitcoin charts now is wavy but some alts are climbing up.
bvar69

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:09:33 AM

Depends when you started the "HODL". If its at a solid support point, its fine.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:42:06 AM

In some sort not,but the market graphs now are so wavey that you cannot clearly say about whats gonna happen to the coin you are holding but if you have strong sense that what you are holding has great potential no worriesnor feel danger.

Yeah right, if you have a strong reason to holding your coin, why not? just as you're sure that that the coins you buy have great potential
to grow then it's not a problem to take risks by holding the coins. because not all altcoin end up with a scam right? some even have high prices..
canque31

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:10:25 AM

In business related to currency it is just a part of it that it experience ups and downs of price. Holding alts when the price goes down is the best thing to do. Cause if you will sell your alts when price is low, you end up loser. But if you think the alts which you invest is digging deeper and deeper that's the time to let go.
Gr4yF4ng

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:23:04 AM

It's not dangerous if you're hodling good altcoins, that way even if they go down in value you can feel comfortable.

Many altcoins had major dips before mooning like crazy.

The key is to buy good alts with real value like Ethereum, Ambrosus, Zilliqa, etc.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:35:35 AM

This is case to case basis as you can see the word Altcoin did not represent only 1 coin but it has hundreds of them therefore it is unfair to say Altcoins is dangerous investment. Their are lot of Altcoins that belong to top ranked because their products are feasible in the market so if you choose the Altcoins that belong to the crap then of course your investment will be in difficult situation so choose your Altcoins carefully to avoid losing your investments.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:40:53 AM

What we must understand is that in investments there is always a risk, do not ever think that we want to get big profit but small risk, everything is aligned, altcoin investment can go up thousands of per day but also can be zero in a day.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

letuchi

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:58:07 AM

Hold in what you believe, if you cant cope with the risk/stress factor get out NOW! Every coin has risk attached to it, for now, it is just a matter of time when you sell.

Kasmonian

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:23:08 AM

Hold in what you believe, if you cant cope with the risk/stress factor get out NOW! Every coin has risk attached to it, for now, it is just a matter of time when you sell.

That is why my friend hold the coins they believe, such as Bitcoin Cash, ethereum, monero.
TommyAMD

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:49:24 AM

Yes, I think it has some degree of danger, and I think it's still worth considering all your decisions, once again make sure of the right choice, and then act boldly, getting a significant plus for yourself.
cuprice

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:06:45 AM

nope I don't see any danger in holding altcoins as long as you know them. Although it's too risky but the rewards could give your good profits once the coins will pumps it's price.
imperatorbounty7

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:27:52 AM

Holding altcoins are not dangerous , because its just holding it and there is no illegal that has been doing in holding altcoins. I hold altcoins months now eversince i receive them in an airdrops and in the bounty campaigns that i participated. It is good to hold altcoins because when their price goes high , we can gain more profits feom those altcoins. And we can earn more money through those altcoins that we are holding.
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:34:20 AM

I do not see anything wrong or should I say I do not see any danger in holding altcoins. There is really nothing to be afraid off as long as you trust the said coin and you will be able to contribute to the community then you might be able to get good profits when the right time comes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: