Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
blogmantube

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:02:29 PM

So is holding bitcoin, if you had and bought bitcoin at 20k, you could have lost a ton of money, obviously shitty altcoins lost even more value. An investment is always risky tho, as long as you are not pouring your entire portfolio in 1 shitty altcoin you should be fine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 01:03:29 PM

Alts are more volatile and speculative than big caps like BTC or ETH... You can then find the good project and have good returns...

mikejack

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:52:13 PM

Holding is dangerous if you're holding shit coins. Try to diversify your portfolio and perform due diligence before you get them. I have many shit coins in my wallet now, they're really a mess and a pain in the neck.
Im not agree,shit coins is not dangerous to hold.if you are a real trader shit coin or hybrid if you know how to go with the flow shitcoins gives you a good profit,
All type of investment are have a risk,but its up to you and its up to your strategy to make it grow and make profit,i have many of this.and gives me good profit,
NyLymZbl

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:03:54 PM

It is not dangerous if you hold potential coins. I think holding alts would have more risks than BTC, ETH and so on because no one can predict the price will go up or down and will fluctuate a lot due to trading market. you'd better hold some of top 10 coins and become quite profitable.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:23:53 PM

It is not dangerous if you hold potential coins. I think holding alts would have more risks than BTC, ETH and so on because no one can predict the price will go up or down and will fluctuate a lot due to trading market. you'd better hold some of top 10 coins and become quite profitable.

I find that holding alts can only be profiting when you have them as trading assets, otherwise, they can only be useful if they have credible use in the mainstream event like a utility token. But in all, most people happen to hold alts because they envision that another 'BTC' would emerge.
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:42:08 PM

It all depends on the market state and the way you keep your crypto as well. If the market goes down then holding alternative coins will lead you to big losses. But if the market goes up, holding such coins can increase your capital several times.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:46:45 PM

market right now says its dangerous, we should see some recovery at some point, but alot of coins have been crushed the past month or so, so its a question if you are going to seel do you want to sell at a loss at this point.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:54:29 PM

Holding alt-coins is not dangerous with the broad meaning of the word, but the field of cryptos has been competitive as a results of the increasing initiation of new alts every day. This is resulted in appearing of new alts for the old alts themselves. This has posed challenges for the old altcoin, and has driven some of them to vanish completely.

kenzio2016

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 08:59:12 PM

i can't say it was dangereous but i think you shoul sell it right aways after you think that was profitable enough
Jgatsby

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

Pretty kewl right?

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:14:30 PM

In my opinion holding really comes with a risk not just in altcoins but same goes for the Bitcoin as well, this is why we really need to be wise when it comes to choosing and holding coins, we need to be patient and wait for the perfect time to sell or else we're bound to a huge loss. Holding may have a risk but its not dangerous and there's nothing to be afraid of, you just need to be careful about it.

Scor Pio

Activity: 393

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:18:31 PM

no, holding altcoin is the best idea to increasing our bitcoin amount,,
because hold a good altcoin that always increase the value in bitcoin is the best idea to collect more bitcoin, of course if we believe in bitcoin
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:52:06 PM

I do not think it's that dangeriously holding altcoins. Because it all depends on the altcoins you hold, if your altcoin has its own advantages and potency then your altcoin will be successful. otherwise if your altcoins are not good then you will just wasting your time by holding it.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Altinativerse

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:57:26 PM

I would say that it isn't more dangerous then HODLING Bitcoins..
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:57:50 PM

Its depend on the period for you hold any alt , depend on buying and selling period , also the roadmap and speed of project .
According to me if you are getting much profit from any alt then sell that and invest in new project with less marketcap and better future . getting x10 is still expected but expecting x100 can make you lose all the profit you earned with x10 . so decide carefully or at least sell coins worth your primary investment .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
21millionsbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:05:00 PM

if we hold bitcoin and we should altcoins as well for growth holding alts are nt dangerous when bitcoin price crashes alts price to crash so we should have patience in holding
nobetci

Activity: 238

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:05:44 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

In my opinion, if you want to get profit by trading with cryptocurrencies, you shouldn't be a coin collector. For that, I think you should sell your coins at the right time, and of course you should know which coins are worth to hold.

______________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂______________            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                         ◄   ICO: 30% BONUS   ►
FacebookTwitterYoutubeInstagramWebsiteWalletTelegramWhitepaper ●    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:09:41 AM

for me when it come to investment whatever it is that you holding to?, cryptos, stocks or even forex all of them are subject for risk/danger. Because without there are no chances of winning to, I mean there's no single investment in this world are not subject to losing, because as the law of gravity says "Every that goes up, must go down". It also applies to businesses like ICOS and existing tokens, all of them has it's own up and down trends.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
teamsah5416

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:33:54 PM

I don't find holding of altcoins to be dangerous, because among the entire altcoins listed on coinmarketcap very few grew while bitcoin was declining in value. But now as the price of bitcoin has started to increase, most of the altcoins too started to increase. This confirms profit on holding of altcoins.
yunusseymen16

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:39:07 PM

Wait, I am not quite sure what you mean by dangerous in holding alts. Do you mean that when you hold alts it increases your your chance of getting mugged and getting your private keys by force? Everything is dangerous, even pencils, you know.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:53:22 PM

Holding altcoin doesn't look dangerous to me if the coin you hold are potential one and are stable with good promising potentials but if the coin is not a potential one, it might be dangerous to hold as the coin may take time to grow in the market and some may crash at the end.

Why should it be dangerous? It is known that the cryptocurrency will finally gain, and it means that the longer you hold it, the better earnings you can make. However, sometimes it is really better to sell altcoins when they are expensive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: