Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
Bluex4

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:21:56 PM

Lot of altcoins are in cryptomarket but best altcoins holding is not dangerous. But some new altcoins and low market cap altcoins are holding is very dangerous because now continuesly market is falling so some altcoins can't survive this situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:27:12 PM

Although the entire crypto market is risky as you are not sure of what will happen to the coin because of its volatile nature but I think if you buy potential and promising altcoin, if you hold them it will be profitable because they will also grow with the market and then you make profit.
biogesic

Activity: 168
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:46:22 PM

It is if you didn't buy at the bottom. You should know when you need to cut losses and stop hodling.
IdoandWill

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:09:46 AM

It depends which altcoin exactly you hold. If it is well-known altcoin from top 50 it is not dangerous. If it is some new project then be very careful, because they sometimes die in a couple of months.
Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:29:45 PM

Overall in relation to the topic and the current time, we can say that holding is dangerous especially currencies that are in decline for months. However we can not deny that holding is a practice where few people have the ability to use where a structure is also needed. In terms we can sum up in a personal strategy where we must take risks and gains.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:44:33 PM

its difficult to select which altcoin are most potential to hold for long term period investment and might profitable for you, since any altcoin can be dumped or pumped by any whales or even can be zero value. i used to invest with long term period strategy, and i will tend to choose bitcoin or ethereum to invest, because i need more secure and potentially profitable in long term investment. both of coins really make me investing without any worries.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Clearstream

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:31:39 PM

it depends on what tokens u keep. u need to find the real gems in a bunch of altcoin tokens. if it is quality altcoin. it will rise quickly when the bull market returns. for example, IOTA, EOS, NEO , Tezos
supahlovah

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:37:11 PM

It all depends on the altcoins in which you store your savings. It's like playing roulette, if you don't use system analysis. In any case, the strategy for dolgosrok is quite promising, because over the years, the cryptocurrency is only growing so far.

Perhaps I will agree that you can not compare different coins and work in the market the same way. Somewhere you lose, but somewhere on the contrary, growth begins. Therefore, I try to work with different strategies.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:19:48 PM

It all depends on the altcoins in which you store your savings. It's like playing roulette, if you don't use system analysis. In any case, the strategy for dolgosrok is quite promising, because over the years, the cryptocurrency is only growing so far.

Perhaps I will agree that you can not compare different coins and work in the market the same way. Somewhere you lose, but somewhere on the contrary, growth begins. Therefore, I try to work with different strategies.

Well if you're going to hold for like 1 to 2 years, then the top 5 market alts would probably be a good choice since these are already enjoying strong support and following and have actual use already for transactions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
crpytpublica

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:59:25 PM

You need to choose altcoins is also correct and then long-term investment in altcoins will be very profitable.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
NikyGreyton

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

MOCKTAIL.FINANCE

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:04:50 PM

yes, if market going down.
for this situation best is trading. sell when market go down, and buy when market go up.

══════════════☛MOCKTAIL.FINANCE☚═════════════
The First ERC 1155 Standard Semi-Fungible Token on BSC
liveyourlife

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:19:35 PM

No in General, the altcoins market will also grow, the question is how long you plan to invest, and what risks are ready.
KyberJaxx

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

I think there is nothing dangerous in retaining altcoyins. Personally, I only keep altcoins. the most important thing is to choose good altcoys with an interesting idea

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
https://www.betformcoin.io/
KyberJaxx

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:42:08 PM

No in General, the altcoins market will also grow, the question is how long you plan to invest, and what risks are ready.
probably the most optimal solution is to follow the road map of altcoyin that you hold. there are all prospects of the coin

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
https://www.betformcoin.io/
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:45:17 PM

To me, I do not think holding altcoin is dangerous except if the coin you have is not a promising one but if it is, it is very profitable for holding because the price will grow and become higher by the time you decide to sell and you will be able to make reasonable profit from it.
podidhana

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:10:43 PM

Maybe. But personally, I would like to take a risk. we know holding is one of the best way to gain good profits. Personally, I have earned massive profits through Hold the tokens. If you have ETH, BTC, NEO coins, don't sell these coins now because their tokens are very good for long-term. But don't too much hold your tokens. We need to sell our tokens at the correct time.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:15:24 PM

To me, I do not think holding altcoin is dangerous except if the coin you have is not a promising one but if it is, it is very profitable for holding because the price will grow and become higher by the time you decide to sell and you will be able to make reasonable profit from it.

This is why I try to stick to anything that's established and has what looks like a bright future. I wouldn't find a coin that just came out today and expect it to be around for another 2 years or more. There's just way too many times it wouldn't be. If you're going to be holding long term, then try to stick to the top 50 coins or so.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:30:22 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I'd say risky because not all altcoins are potent to have a price increase. Altcoins are known to be best for short term holding. Particularly ICO tokens or newly listed coins, these cryptos are mostly having a short period of increase and eventually, market downfall. But at this memt, holding is the only option due to the downtrend.So despite of being risky, we should still hold and wait.
sadiem

Activity: 204

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:12:11 AM

Altcoin very much and they certainly competed. Altcoin the old one if it does not have the potential I think will be lost and in the replace by a new coin has great potential in the market. Crypto market will continue to undergo change and the price is not stable because the Bitcoin is also not stable. But I am sure the market will soon recover and make all return investing.
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:32:53 AM

Harmful or not actually depends on us. because actually storing altcoins is also dangerous because if we are wrong and the coin turns out to be shittoken then we will also lose
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: