Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30735 times)
Pandji02

Activity: 895
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:45:01 AM

according to me, check each member of the project team, make sure they are really not fake profiles. Usually ico scam uses fake profiles to be registered as an ico team.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
badaovodich

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:05:45 AM

If any ICO project does not provide clear information about the team develop or deliberately fake profile is a sign of a potentially bad project. A sketchy, uncluttered, low-level whitepaper is a testament to the attitude of the team to the project they are trying to call for. How can they do great things even if their whitepaper is superficial.
princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:10:54 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
if you want to invest in an ICO, all you have to do is research and see who the team is working behind the ICO project. You can also monitor developments and find the latest information from the ICO. It depends on your decision if you buy an ICO coin, that's is very good or buying coins on the exchange to keep it in the long run is also a good idea.
Kobiniki300

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:12:12 AM

For one to fine out if and initial coin offering icos is a scam can be quite difficult well but it is always necessary and proper to always go through the white paper and also the team behind the project
Hadarula

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:12:34 AM

Thank so much
it is jot as 3asy as it might seem but stillnit is pretty possible tontell good ico from a scam one when you have enough experience

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Hadarula

Activity: 252

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:13:20 AM

For one to fine out if and initial coin offering icos is a scam can be quite difficult well but it is always necessary and proper to always go through the white paper and also the team behind the project
that is true you should pay attention on this kind of things and on people in the ico communuty they should jot be suspisious

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Colan Zolo

Activity: 336

https://saturn.black

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

Who can judge ICO scam when we can join the ICO. There are many channels they offer and certainly lots of hidden ones or no valid sales information. Websites that can work, teams that don't respond well. When plunging into the telegram group and the team is no longer active. Many of us will meet things that smell like scam after we jump in and participate.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:20:09 AM

Thank so much

it's not easy
You must read it first from all sources, white paper becomes the first part with a road map. the rest you have to research their team and the developer. that's why everything becomes a whole part to learn.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:23:19 AM

Thank so much

before u invest into any project u have to do more research first, for my opinion i will buy coin when ICO caused the price still low XD
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:19:08 PM

I think that searching good ICO for investing or identify scam ICOs is really difficult work. But you can try to do it by yourself. There are many materials how to do it in internet (youtube channels, telegram groups and etc). There is no any universal way for it, but first of all you can learn ICO ratings, but you should know that these rating often ratings may be fake. That's why learn whitepaper of every ICO, try to understand what problem can solve technology or product is offered by the team. Also very important to learn information about team members, their experience and beta codes of the product, if it is possible of course. Additionally to it you can try to audit codes of smart contract if they are in GitHub.
supremacy10

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:23:50 PM

Do your research on the team , whitepaper roadmap and token usage , make sure they have functioning website and telegram group that attend to questions not channel
CoinSpeculator

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:27:27 PM

easy. if everything looks awesome and you see this firm everywhere; this ico is scam, you can believe with all your heart.
MickLikeJagger

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:33:52 PM

If there seems far more effort at marketing pre-sales, crowd sales, airdrops and bounties--it could be a scam. Agree with comments to start with the white paper and team, see if they're doing anything unique. There are several ICOs claiming to focus on identity management, for example. But how are they different?

It doesn't take $20million to develop code--most of those efforts are raising money to raise more money--and they waste it on worldwide conferences, nice offices, perks for executives--then they pay some developers to actually make something. This is how 80% (according to the WSJ) did it in 2017 and they're already gone.

I finally found a project building something from the ground up, www.shardus.com
Rostock

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:36:57 PM

If you want to know about the latest ICOS that are scams, then I advise you to look in this section for a topic in which almost every day new ICO scams are published.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:01:34 PM

Thank so much
there are a couple of things that could be telling about a scam coin, such as there not being any face behind their projects. Then there are the obvious ones that do not have any good product to offer to the investors which means that there is no way that the project is going to last a long time. if you want to buy the coin at a cheap price then you should be buying the coin right after they hit the exchanges before trading picks up
cryptomine99
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:31:28 AM

you can see the team from the ico project, usually ico that scams using fake profiles. and you can see their ico transactions if ico is a scam they will manipulate the ico sales transaction. so be careful choosing ico.

currently it's better to buy coins on exchanges like Ltc, eos, and waves.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Cidhighwind

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:53:10 AM

The Signs of Knowing a Scam ICO:
1. Anonymous Team DEV - A fake profile: If any ICO project does not provide clear information about the dev team or deliberately fake profile is a sign of a bad project. potentially fraudulent.
2. No purpose of a coin: That means that, almost as we hold a coin that it increases, it does not know why it is rising, and it also does not know why it is falling.
3. Sketchy Whitepaper: A sketchy, uncluttered, low-level whitepaper is a testament to the attitude of the team to the project they are trying to raise capital. How can they do great things even if their whitepaper is superficial ?!
4. Failure to provide contact: If that's just fake information, or bogus, it's best to stay away from those projects.
Commitment to Investment Profits: Commitment to profitability in fraudulent ICO projects is simply a form of greed for greed to attract investors.
6. Use Sentence Sentence, Pull:
7. No roadmap (development journey) or yes that is not realistic.
Therefore, before you decide to participate in any ICO project, you should be careful and careful before investing.
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:05:17 PM

Thank so much
There are many ICOs at the present time and many of them are scam projects. In my opinion, a scam ICO project means no one buys their pennies. A project without patrons, no trust from the wedsite check ICO
makankambing

Activity: 131
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:11:23 PM
Merited by aderidwan98 (2)

This is my Red Flags :

1. The first thing you see on their websites is 'Buy tokens now', '50% discount ending in x days', a count down timing to the end of ICO (means they only care about the money, not the project itself)
2. Heavy advertising on ROI (how much you can potentially earn etc)
3. No contact details (or fake)
4. Whitepaper focuses on ROI instead of the problems and proposed solutions
5. Fake team (please Google or LinkedIn search to verify the team members)
6. The idea itself doesn't need a blockchain but they die die want to use blockchain (to grab money, duh)
7. 'Buy' advisers (those advisers serve only 1 role, put their LinkedIn profile on the website, and that's all). If the advisers are 'advising' 40 and 50 projects at the same time, I don't know how they can add value to the projects.
8. Parent company is failing or running out of money so they pivot to blockchain to raise fund and stay afloat
phucngungoc

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:28:37 AM

Read the white paper, watch the development team, the real use of the token, also watch traffic on Alexa, pay attention to the project Manager.
Thank you for the advice and I would like to be supplemented by your advice

Reading the whitepaper is very necessary to see if their roadmap is properly designed, check carefully if the whitepaper is not there or do not follow the roadmap, it is ICO scam.

Next up is the development team, make sure they are on the big forums and you have enough information about them

The most important thing is probably the community, check how many they have folloewd on Facebook, TW, Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: