Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30738 times)
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 01:35:55 PM

it is hard to detect now, since scammers are getting wiser and innovative by using well known names and creating false publicity. Everyone should be aware of unrealistic goals of ICOs.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 01:50:17 PM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

For you to find out the scam ico here is my own opinion which I think can give an idea for you,

1. If the Owner or developer is anonymous it means you need to avoid that ico project.
2. If they don't have a website it means the project is bogus only.
3. If they're community to their social media has a few counts only you better think about that.

Then, I suggest you to buy coin on exchange that more like it and better also.
centhiniz

Activity: 292
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:11:11 PM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
you can search for the correct ico by looking at the official website usually ico is scam is very vulnerable fake websites are made and it is not clear who holds / is responsible for the ico project if you want to buy ico it can but must always be careful if you buy dibursa I think it's safer because of the guaranteed authenticity of coins from the exchange.

rhyoanime

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 03:02:31 PM

You can check about their team. whether it's on Twitter, linkedin or other related social media.
If you want more information, you can visit ICO observer sites, such as Icobench and others.

EMPC  Token
EMPIREHOTELS (EMPC) used for business, hotel ,Room booking
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ? face Book  Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 07:47:59 PM

It's hard to guess the scammers. It's like a lottery. It seems to have checked everything, everything is fine. And you end up losing. You were meet and investing in a scam ICO again.
matchbillion

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:06:00 PM

It's like a lottery. It seems to have checked everything, everything is fine. And you end up losing. You were meet and investing in a scam ICO again.

I don't believe so. Identifying good ICOs does take time and bit of understanding of the idea being pitched. I found that best way to identify scammers by looking at their LinkedIn Profile and connections they have. Building connections take time. It's a brand new profile with no connections or with connections that also look fake, that's a red flag for me. Everything else can be cooked.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 09:55:59 PM

You can check about their team. whether it's on Twitter, linkedin or other related social media.
If you want more information, you can visit ICO observer sites, such as Icobench and others.
Correct name is ICO rating sites and they should be used to discover new ICO's but not as investment advisors.
it is hard to detect now, since scammers are getting wiser and innovative by using well known names and creating false publicity. Everyone should be aware of unrealistic goals of ICOs.
I don't know why is hard. It is your money. Talk to people face to face. You will be sure if name is only used or is real.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:01:43 PM

Still I don't know how to find a scam in the beginning stage because the scam projects are also been same as the trusted projects but it will in the beginning stage only after that we realised there is something will be problem in that this is the right time to find the LBS camp is going on but otherwise the beginning to find it very difficult show the experience people share your thoughts about this and thank you for your kind opinion.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:20:02 PM

Hard to avoid, here is some tips.

3 Ways to Identify an ICO Scam:
1. The Developers Are Anonymous
The first and most blatant sign of an ICO scam is that the token’s developers are anonymous or otherwise-unknown.
2. The Token Does Not Have a Clear Use Case
Another sign of an ICO scam is that the developers are unable to clearly articulate a valid use case for the token.
3. The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals
If the whitepaper sets an unrealistic development schedule, it either means the developers are using deceptive tactics to attract token buyers or they lack the necessary experience to give a sensible scope to the project. Either way, this does not bode well for the success of the project and its corresponding token.

before I read this I don't have any idea about how to find the scam but now I had clarity about how to find it properly with my little intelligence so thank you for your valuable coins and it will be very useful for some of the people who don't know about how to find it.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:29:26 PM

The key indicate for an ICO project to be identified as a potential scam project;
1. the aims and missions of the project usually are not really defined
2. the products used to backed the project have no realistic solution to the identified problems on the whitepaper mostly
3. the roadmap of the project usually does not say much about the future of the project..
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:37:47 PM

You can easily identify a scam ICO by going through the Whitepaper, you will find it lacking a lot or just plain ambiguous. Then they are those who parade fake team members, lie about their background and experiences.
Pikachu18
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:00:15 AM

Investments on an ICO is very much risky these days. But All of them are not a scam. You need to find them by yourself. It required research about that ICO. You can follow up with their telegram groups. All their social website about their activities. Besides you can read their whitepaper. If you found any lackings then ignore them. It's all about your hand, so think twice about to invest. Other hands you can buy coins from the reputed exchanger's. Invest those coin which has high volume or good reputation.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 12:30:36 AM

Right now it is just a risk ,
I mean every ICO could fail and every ICO could be a scam,
It is the risk of an ICO investor.
It is hard to tell if the ICO is a scam or if it would survive.

Hard to find ICO are scam or not because there is no regulation about ICOs. If ICOs regulated by government, i am believe it will be good for ICOs climate and market can gain more trust from investor.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 12:33:03 AM

because there are already too many ico, so I feel that I prefer the best ico provider platform, for example bountyhive.io, because it's clear there is a high ico rating and our concern for scams is very small.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  

Jump to: