Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:50:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto has gone to shit  (Read 5007 times)
Dxlike

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:26:20 PM

Agree 100%. No one could say better)))
John_Slater

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:26:43 PM

Another crash won't fix anything. It doest matter if mcap is 50 bln or 500 bln... There'll always be a lot of scammy things
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:30:07 PM

Scams everywhere now. Greedy ICOS that for some reason need 20 million dollars for a small project, Ridiculous.  Greed everywhere, thousands of coins that serve no purpose.  This is so far removed from satoshi's vision.  Premine bullshit  scams like onion.  Projects that have no reason to be on a fucking blockchain except to cash in money on the hype.  We need another fucking crash to clear out these shitcoins and scams, and you greedy mfer ICO devs are the cause of this bullshit.
I understand the frustration, there are far too many projects around that claim they need x amount of money in order to get out of bed and do something that years ago the altcoin devs would have done for the love of the project.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:33:44 PM

This is very unpleasant problem, that come with popularity. The more popular altcoins become there will be more and more scam projects. But without popularity altcoins cannot move forward. So we have to deal with it and be more careful and selective before investing.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:36:40 PM

Even if there is new crash and some of the altcoin continue to go down, these devs will just build another coin, another roadmap, there should be regulation on these so we will end up with only good projects some Ico rating are giving good rating to bad Ico and this is bad for the industry.

Suzukigsxr250

Activity: 250
Merit: 13

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:43:43 PM

In every business there will be a scam and projects that's bring nothing new the problems right now there are too many but if we can seperate good and bad projects we can stop this.

propagate

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:48:54 PM

As things become more mainstream it gets worse as the majority in the scene have no intelligence.

The main core of enthusiasts who are competent people get over run with an influx of stupid people.  They can then be taken advantage of by bad actors. This in turn creates bad press for the crypto scene.

Brothersav

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:49:00 PM

Scams everywhere now. Greedy ICOS that for some reason need 20 million dollars for a small project, Ridiculous.  Greed everywhere, thousands of coins that serve no purpose.  This is so far removed from satoshi's vision.  Premine bullshit  scams like onion.  Projects that have no reason to be on a fucking blockchain except to cash in money on the hype.  We need another fucking crash to clear out these shitcoins and scams, and you greedy mfer ICO devs are the cause of this bullshit.

Maybe Darwinism can be applied to cryptocurrency too  Cheesy I think the strongest coins will survive and the remaining will fizzle out into nothing. I've invested in my first ICO a few months ago (see signature) and I did hours of research and stalked every developer and staff. I still can't believe people throw their money at blatant scams. You're right too- people are too greedy and will invest in pump and dumps just to turn a profit. Unfortunately people will be ruined from this game

KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:07:48 PM

Sorry, you must have seen many ICO scam campaigns right? Currently, if not thoroughly researched on ICO projects, the rate of fraudulent ICO campaign is enormous. But there are also a lot of potential ICO projects, maybe x10 regarding exchange rates over the money invested. So be optimistic!

Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:11:40 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 05:45:11 AM by Sir Cross

It’s true that there has been numerous scams and something has to be done about this. However, I don’t think another crash would help or do much to solve the scams. There are many more ways to address this problem. People should be educated on scams so that they know how to look out for these schemes. There are still plenty of ICOs with high potential so having a crash may not help. Perhaps if we somehow persecute these scams, the scammers will be discouraged.

kickstarter

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:31:14 PM

Clearly not ICO devs are to blame here. Foolish and greedy people, their ignorance and not willing to think and learn to understand crypto. That's the reason for such a picture we can see now. And I think the things are going in the right way - this is the only chance for most of the people to make mistakes, get some sad experience and learn something. Crypto is a good teacher and it even pays you sometimes Smiley
Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:39:18 PM

I agree that there are a lot of coins already. But they still need to be released once. But at the expense of fraud - then you are right. This is frightening. And why do you really need to collect 20 million dollars for a small program? Just a good deal of healthy competition, but there is a usual scam, and now there are a lot of scammers.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:42:23 PM

It’s true that there has been numerouse scams and something has to be done about this. However, I don’t think another crash would help or do much to solve the scams. There are many more ways to address this problem.

Yes scams everywhere but if you are good enough you will not fall on this kind of project, always study the project so you will not ended up as a victim or what. Another crash really not a solution, maybe we need some security on making ICO or a bond i think.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:24:44 AM

crypto is good but the people behind this scam gives bad image to crypto. before crypto are created scams are their already and they just see crypto as another way to scam because some people invest without knowing that the ICOs their investing is scam. better research and avoid this scam and if you know it is a scam you can warn other people in the forum.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:33:07 AM

I think cryptocurrency market and ICO need regulation to avoid some fraud, with regulation ICO will be more interesting and to be more safer investment  just like stock market. There are any scam and fraud in crypto because any chance to do it, so to avoid it should be any regulation.

dixon98

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:37:02 AM

There are way too many scam ICOs, fake airdrops. It's amazing how much money were lost to conman.

Many airdrops are obvious scams, yet we have folks commenting "Great project", "Nice idea". Some even got duped into donating for nothing.

As long as we have naive people in crypto, the scams will continue to flourish, unfortunately.

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18566

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:54:33 AM

Many airdrops are obvious scams, yet we have folks commenting "Great project", "Nice idea". Some even got duped into donating for nothing.

Whenever I see a new coin being shilled, with people commenting "great team" or "solid project" and nothing else, I immediately stop reading. If the coin is backed by a bunch of sheep that just repeat these stupid phrases with no substance, that haven't read the whitepaper, that don't understand the technology, that can't explain what the coin is trying to do or what problem it is trying to solve, that can't give logical reasoned arguments as to why it is a good investment, then it's not a coin I'm going to invest in.

I'm not going to waste my hard earned money because some anonymous 16 year old online told me that it's "going to the moon!!!".
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:02:41 AM

I think you need vacation and a lot of medication. Your post is shit bro, there's nothing value I can get from it. If you have bad experience with crypto just leave it say good bye and never come back again. There's so many people still have faith with crypto and most of us get income from crypto. There's no perfect project and people without mistake, specially market without risk. Please think again before writing post.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:59:28 AM

Suckers. There’s one born every minute. Scam coins won’t go away anytime soon. Regulations can do something on their proliferation but not totally get rid of them.

duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:47:46 AM

There are so many scam ICO, so no matter what you consider, everything depends on luck. There are ICO advertised scams, there are also ICO quiet but pretty good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: