Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586117 times)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:22:02 PM

I want to import a seed from a dead phone onto my tablet which already has a mycelium wallet on there but can't seem to find a way to have two existing accounts running.

You can create an extra new one easily enough but there doesn't seem to be a way of adding an already existing one anywhere. Am I missing something obvious?

One Seed = One Wallet = One Device

So, you can't do this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:24:20 PM

I have multiple wallets, so generally that is not true.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:27:09 PM

I have multiple wallets, so generally that is not true.

You have multiple "wallets" or multiple Accounts?

When you say "wallets" you mean, Myclileum wallets or different wallet apps?

I am strictly talking about the Mycelium HD wallet app. You can only have 1 on a device which stores 1 seed.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:43:00 PM

I suspected as much. That's a pisser but thanks for the heads up anyway.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:58:12 PM

I suspected as much. That's a pisser but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Sure, I think you can import it (use the seed) into Electrum or Armory or one of those wallets though which do allow multiple HD "wallets" on a single PC.
hgmichna

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:43:14 PM

I am strictly talking about the Mycelium HD wallet app. You can only have 1 on a device which stores 1 seed.

Mycelium, ACCOUNTS, add key (key + sign at the top), Advanced, Scan: offers to scan a bitcoin address, a private key, or an HD account.

I have not tested this, but it says that a thus imported HD account does not depend on the master seed, but is separate.

You can also import Trezor HD accounts or Ledger HD accounts. And you can generate a new random key, whatever that means.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 06:07:02 PM

Mycelium, ACCOUNTS, add key (key + sign at the top), Advanced, Scan: offers to scan a bitcoin address, a private key, or an HD account.

I have not tested this, but it says that a thus imported HD account does not depend on the master seed, but is separate.

You can also import Trezor HD accounts or Ledger HD accounts. And you can generate a new random key, whatever that means.

Yea, I think if you do that you end up with a bunch of single key accounts, I guess you can use that in a pinch if you just want to sweep the the btc from the old HD wallet seed.

Generate new random key just creates a single Address public/private key pair I believe.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 02:27:22 AM

For more discussion on the relative merits of the Mycelium ICO: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1455773.0

And for answers to the concerns brought up in said discussion https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1455773.msg14821578#msg14821578

Honestly I wish whoever wrote that first post had actually bothered to do some research first.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 02:33:21 AM

I think the security PIN feature is buggy. After the PIN has been entered once, subsequently opening Mycelium after turning off the phone/device (sleep mode) does not require entering the PIN anymore; it defeats the purpose of it being a wallet security feature. I feel that Mycelium should have a proper "Exit" option in the menu or somewhere so that the security PIN feature could manually be engaged/turned on "at will" and be required when Mycelium is subsequently reopened.

For not you just havery to remember to back out of the app completely. We'll probably save any serious security enhancement for the new app though.

I want to import a seed from a dead phone onto my tablet which already has a mycelium wallet on there but can't seem to find a way to have two existing accounts running.

You can create an extra new one easily enough but there doesn't seem to be a way of adding an extra already existing one anywhere. Am I missing something obvious?

As others said, the current wallet only supports one seed. Any extra accounts will also be generated from that seed. If you want to import a new seed, you basically have to wipe the currently installed wallet. Just make sure you have a backup first. But an even better idea is, since our wallet seed is a BIP standard, you can import it I to any other wallet that supports standards (Electric and Armory do not). So, install Breadwallet on your phone, or MultibitHD on your comouter, and import the seed into those. Then send your money elsewhere.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:35:20 AM

I think the security PIN feature is buggy. After the PIN has been entered once, subsequently opening Mycelium after turning off the phone/device (sleep mode) does not require entering the PIN anymore; it defeats the purpose of it being a wallet security feature. I feel that Mycelium should have a proper "Exit" option in the menu or somewhere so that the security PIN feature could manually be engaged/turned on "at will" and be required when Mycelium is subsequently reopened.

For not you just havery to remember to back out of the app completely. We'll probably save any serious security enhancement for the new app though.

I have hit 'back' until it went back to the Android home screen before and not had to enter the PIN to get back into the wallet.

I don't know if that's a bug or not, but as it stands, 'backing out' isn't enough to relock the wallet. I've had to hit the menu button and kill the app before it would re-ask for the PIN.

As others said, the current wallet only supports one seed. Any extra accounts will also be generated from that seed. If you want to import a new seed, you basically have to wipe the currently installed wallet. Just make sure you have a backup first. But an even better idea is, since our wallet seed is a BIP standard, you can import it I to any other wallet that supports standards (Electric and Armory do not). So, install Breadwallet on your phone, or MultibitHD on your comouter, and import the seed into those. Then send your money elsewhere.

This also isn't true. I have multiple unrelated HD wallets in my copy of Mycelium.

You can import multiple unrelated xprv... keys by going to the 'accounts' tab, hitting 'add account', then 'advanced', entering your PIN, then 'scan'. Scan a QR code that encodes the appropriate xprv... key and Bob's your Uncle.

For example, my first seed is "wild warfare ready", and account 0 for that seed gives these as the first 3 receiving addresses:

m/44'/0'/0'/0/0   148ALQxbYRwUyA4Ew7GKMSmjH8nEjxxTKt   L1KtHnRkEMzjv4WKwuGfYoBpmMYprmk5fk2erQSgezCXnXNMmspy
m/44'/0'/0'/0/1   1H9FJCsYB844n5UmLMGRPgHUeUfDjiyDKi   L5QKrFu9C1oy92WtuKS9GsMaCQAuhE93TYUrnEeQnk4DC2TH9en9
m/44'/0'/0'/0/2   13ykWt1fG5RgYTCujWtaYmtm6aE4H5BA26   KyfckQcCywHXdz1uqf9VTo8Y2VKqbetpnDmjxqQVUJqXzRekEDYR

The extended key for that account (BIP32 Derivation Path m/44'/0'/0') is xprv9zDDuXgC9CGbUftVmEuXGhU7AU6fa9yznKhDiBo8JJ76DBJfB9sPn4jdJnWpwoxK1MDKeyFYqof X1JRUNWfrw4gbkAqh1pcq8uiWiiQNqaK, with a QR code like this:

My second seed is "exclude nice jelly", and account 0 for that seed gives these as the first 3 receiving addresses:

m/44'/0'/0'/0/0   1ExEF8oL65KKuxhxdGf51NEGvriZ4EG4Ze   KzLK5Qyj4TBKE2YSHBSGGohqeU1x9f2TDGEba7j8sgFxjbr24hpv
m/44'/0'/0'/0/1   1A9pbo4ZTK6NphUBGD9fjqQ59PoSqsgF1E   KxayeM37UB5yorx2zYHeaQ1sKVqqMgxyhRkcUHYK771xAg89WR3Y
m/44'/0'/0'/0/2   186E52E9yuiMLv3mcufbkqkRhNCWk9M5tF   L2ed5W1emYGx12Jic9Aj5oSuZ3Fo7awDQsWFNGQ5U9Gd2R9auuPK

The extended key for that account (BIP32 Derivation Path m/44'/0'/0') is xprv9z5bbZdcfzWtBh5LDk9Qv4zcAnrvzbcpwzrmm1J4dmFF5ygcj7oBinXizMoJKaBSfMixAwH6cEp XbZU4gBrroMi322oN1sFFTmSiTxhNBcS, with a QR code like this:

After importing those two QR codes I see two accounts, each showing the appropriate receiving address:

That's two different HD wallets, with two different seeds, in a single instance of the Mycelium app.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:39:12 AM

I have hit 'back' until it went back to the Android home screen before and not had to enter the PIN to get back into the wallet.

I don't know if that's a bug or not, but as it stands, 'backing out' isn't enough to relock the wallet. I've had to hit the menu button and kill the app before it would re-ask for the PIN.

Ditto. Hence, my thoughts on the need for a proper "Exit" option on the Mycelium menu (or somewhere else within the app) to effectively relock it "at will".

By "hit the menu button and kill the app", do you mean Settings>Apps>Mycelium>App Info>Force Stop?

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:45:30 PM

By "hit the menu button and kill the app", do you mean Settings>Apps>Mycelium>App Info>Force Stop?

No, I mean at the bottom of my screen I have 3 icons: triangle, circle, square. Triangle is a 'back' button, circle is a 'home' icon, and square is the menu button. I don't know what they're called, but the square icon shows me all the apps that are running, and I can swipe across the ones I want to kill.

It's like this:

1) from a fresh boot, tap the mycelium icon
2) it asks for my PIN
3) I enter the PIN and it shows my balance
4) I hit the triangle/back icon
5) I am returned to the home screen
6) I tap the mycelium icon again
7) it shows my balance without asking for a PIN, even though by hitting 'back' in step 4 I figure I have left the app
Cool I hit the square/menu icon
9) I swipe left on the mycelium app in the list
10) I hit the circle/home icon
11) I tap the mycelium icon again
12) it asks for my PIN

ie. using 'triangle/back' to exit doesn't lock the wallet but using 'square/menu' to exit does lock the wallet.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:05:37 AM

No, I mean at the bottom of my screen I have 3 icons: triangle, circle, square. Triangle is a 'back' button, circle is a 'home' icon, and square is the menu button. I don't know what they're called, but the square icon shows me all the apps that are running, and I can swipe across the ones I want to kill.

It's like this:

1) from a fresh boot, tap the mycelium icon
2) it asks for my PIN
3) I enter the PIN and it shows my balance
4) I hit the triangle/back icon
5) I am returned to the home screen
6) I tap the mycelium icon again
7) it shows my balance without asking for a PIN, even though by hitting 'back' in step 4 I figure I have left the app
Cool I hit the square/menu icon
9) I swipe left on the mycelium app in the list
10) I hit the circle/home icon
11) I tap the mycelium icon again
12) it asks for my PIN

ie. using 'triangle/back' to exit doesn't lock the wallet but using 'square/menu' to exit does lock the wallet.

Exactly the same experience here.

The square button is "Recents" that shows all recently used apps (not necessarily open/running). Perhaps it is the key to why Mycelium doesn't relock after backing out of it. I never thought of doing it (relocking Mycelium) that way. I just go to the root of it and kill the app via "Settings>Apps>Mycelium>App Info>Force Stop" but yours is obviously the shorter/quicker method. Nevertheless, we shouldn't have to go through all these gymnastics just to relock Mycelium. It makes this otherwise very sophisticated app seem unsophisticated/unpolished IMO.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:55:52 AM

I just have it set to require a PIN to send BTC. That seems plenty secure to me. Because otherwise I have to....

1. Lose the phone or have it stolen
2. Have the person bypass the phone lock before I remote wipe the phone.
3. Have the person actually know what Mycelium is
4. Have the person do a BTC spend and crack my 6 digit pin.

Yea, I'm not worried about needing a pin just to view my balance and transactions.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:52:20 AM

I just have it set to require a PIN to send BTC. That seems plenty secure to me. Because otherwise I have to....

1. Lose the phone or have it stolen
2. Have the person bypass the phone lock before I remote wipe the phone.
3. Have the person actually know what Mycelium is
4. Have the person do a BTC spend and crack my 6 digit pin.

Yea, I'm not worried about needing a pin just to view my balance and transactions.

I would prefer not to have the balance displayed to casual browsers. If I lend the phone to someone I don't want to have to worry that they'll poke around and see my balance.

I wonder what Rassah meant by "For not you just havery to remember to back out of the app completely" recently. How do you "back out completely"?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
hgmichna

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:56:32 AM

I would prefer not to have the balance displayed to casual browsers. If I lend the phone to someone I don't want to have to worry that they'll poke around and see my balance.

I agree.

Until Mycelium is improved and if you either are running Cyanogen OS or CyanogenMod or are willing to install an extra app like "Folder Lock", you could use this simple workaround. Put the Mycelium app into a locked folder. Then nobody can open or even see it without entering the unlock code first. Root is not required.
pm7

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:37:29 PM

You can also create new account, switch to that account and lock account list. Not very convenient, but it works.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:24:21 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2016, 09:41:47 AM by mishax1

The mycelium crowdsale is now live Smiley

After missing out on IOTA and LISK I have just got my 10% early bird bonus!

[**url=http://mycelium.freetzi.com]https://wallet.mycelium.com/[/url**]

This guy posted a scam hyperlink to his own BTC address and site, I hope no one got fooled..
1CzkDRR1GEdZHKxMnKDDdFPbHpJmmo3pLK
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=317593

abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:45:47 AM

The mycelium crowdsale is now live Smiley

After missing out on IOTA and LISK I have just got my 10% early bird bonus!

[**url=http://mycelium.freetzi.com]https://wallet.mycelium.com/[/url**]

This guy posted a scam hyperlink to his own BTC address and site, I hope no one got fooled..
1CzkDRR1GEdZHKxMnKDDdFPbHpJmmo3pLK
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=317593

that scammer, ban him.

#report
birr

Activity: 869
Merit: 585

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 04:32:41 PM

Android (or cyanogen, or whatever your device runs) has to close the Mycelium app in order for it to lock.
Just because you don't see an app on the screen, doesn't mean it isn't running.
Different devices behave differently, in this respect. 

My phone's screen has a back button, a home button and a menu button.
My tablet's screen has a back button, a home button and a button that shows running apps.

It's easy to turn an app off on the tablet.  Touch the apps button and swipe an app or apps off the screen.
But with the phone, turning an app off isn't so straightforward.  Sometimes it requires going into settings and force stopping the app.  Google Maps in navigation mode is one example of this.  To make it stop talking I have to go into settings and force stop it.

You have to keep in mind that your mobile operating system cannot be relied upon to stop the app. 
Then you have the question:  under what conditions should the wallet close down on its own?
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: