Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
coyote

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:56:17 PM

Hey guys. I got a blue screen yesterday and eversince my boards dont get up to my max speeds. I used to mine 720 and 220 with my 2 boards.. now i get 560ish and 210ish..which are pretty much the default speeds of the 2 boards I have. what's up with that? I'm using the exact same .bat files as before...nothing changed..

I have had a similar problem and I would guess it is a driver issue. I would try to uninstall the video drivers and reinstall first.

I had a low spec mining pc bluescreen yesterday too - I tried re-installing windows but have been unable to install the drivers for the card since - this might just be a coincidence and I fried something, or if it is linked to your problems might indicate an automatic update problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:56:58 PM

Hey aTriz or any other Hashcow employee, could I get a small update please? I read back a few pages but all I'm seeing is trolls circlejerking.

I have 7+ MH/s mining with you guys for the past 48 hours or so (I've recently switched back to you after your hack) and I'm only seeing a confirmed balance of 0.02ish. Is this due to the newer fast retargeting coins and their difficulty/confirmation problems that I read about?  Or is this stat just lagging and not fully restored yet? Your pool was fantastic before the hack and I've been itching to get back on here because your pool is the best I've mined at; I have been seriously impressed with the way you all handled it and have certainly earned my trust.

I'm using cgminer 3.3.1 on half of my machines and 3.7.2 recompiled with the 5 minute stability code removed, so I know I'm on your server whenever it is up. I'm also on a high-bandwidth low-latency fiber connection.

Any light you could shed on this would be most appreciated, I will have 10MHs online soon and want to ensure I can actually pay it off at some point Cheesy

I'm at a similar hashpower and have received similar payouts. Up to a few days ago, I was mining with middlecoin and making about .06/day consistently. There definitely seems to be a problem with hashcows.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:01:11 PM

Hey aTriz or any other Hashcow employee, could I get a small update please? I read back a few pages but all I'm seeing is trolls circlejerking.

I have 7+ MH/s mining with you guys for the past 48 hours or so (I've recently switched back to you after your hack) and I'm only seeing a confirmed balance of 0.02ish. Is this due to the newer fast retargeting coins and their difficulty/confirmation problems that I read about?  Or is this stat just lagging and not fully restored yet? Your pool was fantastic before the hack and I've been itching to get back on here because your pool is the best I've mined at; I have been seriously impressed with the way you all handled it and have certainly earned my trust.

I'm using cgminer 3.3.1 on half of my machines and 3.7.2 recompiled with the 5 minute stability code removed, so I know I'm on your server whenever it is up. I'm also on a high-bandwidth low-latency fiber connection.

Any light you could shed on this would be most appreciated, I will have 10MHs online soon and want to ensure I can actually pay it off at some point Cheesy

I'm at a similar hashpower and have received similar payouts. Up to a few days ago, I was mining with middlecoin and making about .06/day consistently. There definitely seems to be a problem with hashcows.
Thanks for that, guess I'll be switching back to middlecoin for now, they're having a good week

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Capttech08

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:49:46 PM

Hey all. Sorry if I missed it some where in this thread. Went back 10 pages and did not see it.

Is the "My hashrate" number correct? Seems stable at 3.5mh/s, but I should be closer to 4.7Mh/s. I've spent  several days making sure all of my miners are up (have been for at least 3 solid days) and that the rejected/stale numbers look good. Internet connection is good at both locations they are at. If it is just listed wrong, then I am probably fine. If it is listed right, then I've got some more work to do.  /scratcheshead

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Hey all. Sorry if I missed it some where in this thread. Went back 10 pages and did not see it.

Is the "My hashrate" number correct? Seems stable at 3.5mh/s, but I should be closer to 4.7Mh/s. I've spent  several days making sure all of my miners are up (have been for at least 3 solid days) and that the rejected/stale numbers look good. Internet connection is good at both locations they are at. If it is just listed wrong, then I am probably fine. If it is listed right, then I've got some more work to do.  /scratcheshead
I've found this number to be highly variable and dependent on the current time mining the current coin, the round length, and the difficult.

It's pretty hard for them to calculate your actual number, I really just ignore it unless we've been in the current round for 30+ mins stable.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
CombatVolcano

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:48:13 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 08:11:12 PM by CombatVolcano

Ermehgawd.

I really wanted to love this pool but seriously, with all the insanity of how it does the switching I'm losing a crapload of power using HashCows. My 4x R9 290 rig seriously loses almost 400 khs over time on hashcows. Multipool does not have this problem. I can switch to them or any other pool and instantly get my KHS and w/u back.

Also I almost forgot. When hashcows does switch it basically disconnects the client, either that or it just randomly goes off line. Either way this is really bad for khs over time (1-3 minute disconnects all through the last few days) and also for system stability. Every time the cards ramp down and back up is another chance, however small, for any instability to crash it.

Also I am not some nub confusing what the site says with actual. I'm talking what CGminer reports.

What is the deal? I really want to like this pool. The concept is perfect. The execution?Huh?
Jamescoins

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Hey guys. I got a blue screen yesterday and eversince my boards dont get up to my max speeds. I used to mine 720 and 220 with my 2 boards.. now i get 560ish and 210ish..which are pretty much the default speeds of the 2 boards I have. what's up with that? I'm using the exact same .bat files as before...nothing changed..

I have had a similar problem and I would guess it is a driver issue. I would try to uninstall the video drivers and reinstall first.

I had a low spec mining pc bluescreen yesterday too - I tried re-installing windows but have been unable to install the drivers for the card since - this might just be a coincidence and I fried something, or if it is linked to your problems might indicate an automatic update problem.

Might be a conflict with the BIOS and drivers. Before I say anything I would like to note that changing a BIOS can have MANY unintended consequences and can (has for me) ruin a computer. However I would try the video card manufacturer's bios as I have experienced the most stability and highest has rates with them.
nlsupernova

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:18:22 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 10:52:26 PM by nlsupernova

I was going to post this here, but it was a bit lengthy and may get lost/ignored/shouted down. Whatever. I blog as a hobby, sort of like aTriz and nearmiss run Hashco.ws, so I wrote up my analysis of the recent performance. Bottom line: I'm not saying nearmiss/aTriz are doing anything shady, but either their coin selection algorithm is somehow busted or there's something else causing Hashco.ws to consistently choose under-performing coins. The pool is jumping around alt-coins like a jack rabbit on speed, and virtually none of the selected coins seem to be delivering the expected returns. That's not even mentioning the 42 Coin rounds that keep popping up (and keep failing to outperform LTC). Ugh.

The goal is (or should be IMO) profits that are better than mining LTC, and looking at Coinwarz/Coinchoose there seem to be many options that are hitting that mark. Or perhaps stated better: the goal is to mine the most profitable alt-coin, so something other than LTC or BTC, but again there are many candidates that have been consistently above LTC during the past month. So if that's true, why are the coins selected by Hashco.ws somehow getting us less than half the profits of mining LTC? Is Coinwarz lying about profitability and Hashco.ws is getting mislead, is Hashco.ws just getting (really!) unlucky, or is something wrong with the coin selection algorithm? Or maybe something else.

I'd love to see the problem fixed, because I'm lazy and all I want is better returns on my investment. Hashco.ws used to provide that pretty consistently; since the hack and rebuild, I'm not sure I've ever seen us match let alone clearly outperform LTC. That's bizarre...and Middlecoin hasn't been any better that I can see, which is equally bizarre.

It actually is not that hard to see whats going on in my opinion.
Its basicly the problem of a pool thats to big.

The difficulty increases once we hit a coin and reduces profitability.
Usually thats a few dollars per khs.
In good times when profitable coins are at 18 dollars and ltc at 8, you stil have 7 dollars extra against ltc when profifabilaty goes down to 15 dollars when we hit a coin

Now since ltc is at 7 and the best coins around 9 or 10 dollars switching will bring us on par or even under ltc. 9 -3=6
So it seems better. But with the hashrate this pool has, its hard on coins with fast dificulty switches.
This also is why we change so often.

And once we leave the particular coin because of dificulty. the same coins pop back up to the highest earners shortly after. Because without the pool mining the difficulty drops like a stone and the cycle repeats itself.

Furthermore. In a declining market there isnt a sturdy base of buyers on exchanges. Usually a few small buy orders. With under that a lot of people who set a low buy order just in case.
With the amount of coins we dump on the market you often have more coins then genuine buy orders. So after the few coins that are sold at regular prices, you end up getting as much as 20% less for the coins. Since they have to be sold asap.
If you watch cryptsy, often you wil see a huge drop in price with a very high number of traded coins. Im pritty sure these are mostly multipools.

In an up market the demand is much fermer. So prices drop less while trading big amounts quickly.

Those are the biggest reasons for the low earnings i guess. And there is no quick fix for that.

Only thing i can think of is deviding the pools hashpower over 3 or 4 coins at the same time and dripfeeding coins to market over a few days. But equally devide profits over users. No mather what coin they mined. I actually think mining multible coins could be what going on at middle. Would be a good reason not to disclose what coin is mined, since it are multiple simontaniously. And if users mine other coins then others, that would be lots of trouble. Just speculating. I have absolutly NO proof whatsoever.. Just an observation! But they still dump the coins

Combining those two would be a administrative nightmare. Keeping track of earnings of miners over multiple days.
I wouldnt touch that kind of thing with a 10 foot pole. But some business guy with god like coding skills could make that happen. I dont know

Or maybe we should mine only the 3d profitable coin .Since all other pools hit the number one spot. Its not just our hashrate but also multi and middle and others. All jumping on the same coin at the same time.thats a lot of hashes......
If just our hashrate hits a coin the effects maybe are not that drastic and might produce better results even though its not the highest atm. By avoiding other pools the swings up and down arnt as big resulting in better overal performance. Could be worth testing.

Just an idea

Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:55:28 PM

<Snip>

Furthermore. In a declining market there isnt a sturdy base of buyers on exchanges. Usually a few small buy orders. With under that a lot of people who set a low buy order just in case.
With the amount of coins we dump on the market you often have more coins then genuine buy orders. So after the few coins that are sold at regular prices, you end up getting as much as 20% less for the coins. Since they have to be sold asap.
If you watch cryptsy, often you wil see a huge drop in price with a very high number of traded coins. Im pritty sure these are mostly multipools.

In an up market the demand is much fermer. So prices drop less while trading big amounts quickly.

<Snip>

With full disclosure that I don't use this or any other auto-switching auto-exchange pool, and have a strong dislike for their effect on alt-coins in general and normal market functioning in particular:

The quoted part of an excellent post is the money shot IMHO - pun fully intended. As far as I know, there is no particular need for the coins to be "dumped" on the market and sold ASAP. I have seen this many times in WDC which seems to be a regular target for this pool, and I don't doubt that it happens elsewhere too. If payouts happen once per day, then what is the urgency to dump (e.g.) 10,000+ coins on the market all at once? Doing so guarantees with 100% certainty that the price obtained is below market price, well below in thin markets, and does a disservice to both investors and the pool's own users. They could be sold in 20 lots of 500 over a period of many hours, or 10 lots of 1,000 etc that would be far more easily absorbed.

If a mutual fund wants to sell 1m shares of WMT and the average daily volume is 5m shares, do you think they advertise the whole block at the offer, or dump the lot with a market order? No, they exercise some patience and discipline and sell throughout the day in smaller tranches.

It may be argued that the supply and demand is the same either way, but that ignores two critical factors: the depth of the bid side, and market psychology. If investors see that large blocks of a particular coin are periodically dumped with no regard to price, then who is going to step up and buy? Using the WDC example again because it's a market that I watch all day, and not saying that it was this pool in this particular instance, I watched it get taken down from the 44000 level to 40000 in a matter of seconds yesterday as thousands of coins were dumped. Whoever the seller was averaged at least 5-6% less than a more disciplined approach would have yielded, and meanwhile the charts show a high volume spike down of almost 10%. That's not healthy for anyone.

Please understand that my intent is not to flame or insult this particular pool or indeed any other pool. I do however feel that if the various auto-switching auto-exchange pools took a more disciplined and less disruptive (dare I say professional) approach to exiting their large accumulated positions, then they might simultaneously improve the general perception of them as well as increasing their users' profits.
nlsupernova

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:00:42 PM

People want to see their balance grow. If it doesnt there are 3 pages whining like, im 12 hours in an only have 0,00006 btc confirmed. Thats why it has to be asap. If coins are switched there has to be balance growth within half an hour or the ops are avused of scamming and what not...

Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

People want to see their balance grow. If it doesnt there are 3 pages whining like, im 12 hours in an only have 0,00006 btc confirmed. Thats why it has to be asap. If coins are switched there has to be balance growth within half an hour or the ops are avused of scamming and what not...

If that is the reason, which I doubt, then that's pretty sad that people would rather see their balance periodically spike as opposed to growing steadily during the day to a bigger ultimate number, which is what smaller consistent sales would achieve. OTOH I've seen coin-specific pools disable their front ends due to miners constantly hitting F5, so maybe there's some truth to it.
nlsupernova

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:36:18 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 01:01:27 AM by nlsupernova

If that is the reason, which I doubt, then that's pretty sad that people would rather see their balance periodically spike as opposed to growing steadily during the day to a bigger ultimate number, which is what smaller consistent sales would achieve. OTOH I've seen coin-specific pools disable their front ends due to miners constantly hitting F5, so maybe there's some truth to it.

If you reed back this thread you will find enough evidence of this. People get scared if they after half a day see very little returns. They just double the amount, asume that will be the days total, arent happy and come here to complain. And thats only the things we see. I guess a lot of others are also mailing and pming the operators asking whats up.
I do get why people do that.
a friend probably told them to go and mine or have read about it somewhere and see it as easy money, but they dont understand how it actually works. And dont have an intrest in it either.
Lets say someone has 2 khs of mining power. They will go to coinwarz and it schows 15 dollars per khs per day, so logic dictates since having two kilohash of haspower they are supposed to have 15 dollars  in their account after half a day. So if thsts not the case, they are all like "why dont i have 15 dollars in my account after 12 hours of mining.... Surely they are scamming me over somehow"
On page 143 there are some members who are doing just that. Even users with 300 posts, who are longer or more active then i am and start saying there is something fishy going on because the dont make a certain ammount.
Im not sayin the operators are or are not doing anything to hurt members. I have no insight in that either. But there other causes that could lead to this result. But apperently blaming the operators is the easy way out.

Its hard to explain to people if they dont understand market dynamics. Whatever you dont know, you wont trust. At least not some people on the scary and magic internet where only thieves make money from scamming people. and running a website is free and only done by nerds as a hobby with no social lives...
You will be surprised how many people still think like this. And there has been a huge amount of these hobby miners who have joined recently.
People assume the current price of a coin is what you get no matter how manny millions of dollars worth you sell instantly. Its worth this, so i schould get that amount for all the coins i sell now.

Thats how it works in a store, so people think it works like that everywhere.

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:31:26 AM

Ok HASHCOWs - I am out of business with U

I think this is a great SCAM - mining for 0.003xxxxx BTC / MHs you can forget.

I will immediatley point my rig to another pool. I WILL NOT PAY FOR OTHERS ACCUSED LOSSES!

I started ion 26th of december - got 0.025 @ 1.4MHs - and stayed here since all your troubles!

BUT this is NOT correct what you are doing!

BYE!

Sure thing act like a child and make false accusations, it will get you far in life.  

YOU act like a child and let pay others for your faults. This isnt a business anymor with you HASHCOWs

If i do not get back my costs of electricity you should act as a child and search for another buisiness . maybe you should sell icecram,,,

I am no longer going to respond to anything as an argument is doing nothing but wasting both of our time. I'll leave you with this thought, when you were making a great return were you complaining? No? Ironic that the pool uses the exact same formulas as before. I wish you the best of luck in the next pool you wish to join Smiley

Its not a question af luck - just a question of math :-)

You SCAM the peoples here...

I thought you were leaving, little child.  Take the train.  You don't trust them, then - LEAVE!!!

Stop inflicting your incessant whining on us . . . WE DON'T CARE.

Unless you have a legitimate question, which you clearly do not, then you are just wasting everyone's time with your childish behavior.

shut up and be quiet you little girl
- and if u have the time -> finish groundschool for better math :-)

people without any availabilty like u should sit and keep calm - LEARN you TROLLi

I literally got eyecancer from reading your text.

g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 12:59:08 AM

<Snip>

<Snip>

<...>

It may be argued that the supply and demand is the same either way, but that ignores two critical factors: the depth of the bid side, and market psychology. If investors see that large blocks of a particular coin are periodically dumped with no regard to price, then who is going to step up and buy? Using the WDC example again because it's a market that I watch all day, and not saying that it was this pool in this particular instance, I watched it get taken down from the 44000 level to 40000 in a matter of seconds yesterday as thousands of coins were dumped. Whoever the seller was averaged at least 5-6% less than a more disciplined approach would have yielded, and meanwhile the charts show a high volume spike down of almost 10%. That's not healthy for anyone.

This is exactly what is going on - no one. Anyone who don´t see this is blind. By dumping at lowest possible price there is no place left for traders / investors and they´ll go away.

Please understand that my intent is not to flame or insult this particular pool or indeed any other pool. I do however feel that if the various auto-switching auto-exchange pools took a more disciplined and less disruptive (dare I say professional) approach to exiting their large accumulated positions, then they might simultaneously improve the general perception of them as well as increasing their users' profits.

I do, I don´t blame profit switching pools (which are in the end good to beat badly designed coins and their poor resistance to hashrate spikes) - I am blaming autotrading profit switching pools, for their dumping at lowest possible prices just to satisfy complainers. And thats impossible anyway -  with non autotrading multipools like us.trademybit.com, multipool.us or my fav ultimatecoinpool.com You will get 30% more by selling Your coins manually and its because theese pools don´t take into account market depth, so while autotrading pools mine WDC with profitability .007 BTC per MHS (because it´ll be easy for them to sell all coins at low rates), non autotrade pools mine most profitable coins at .013+ BTC per MHS and is up to You when and with how profit You´ll sell them. You may say that its possible to turn autotrading off on HashCows, but that still not alter algorythm, designed to mine not most profitable, but most sellable coin.

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
nlsupernova

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:03:36 AM

Autotrading pools are moneyprinters in upgoing markets. But now in a hard marketplace they show their weaknesses. And the users are the cause of the deminishing returns themselves without realising it.

And if you where to force users to trade the coins themselves everything will be sold with autotrade on cryptsy.so thats no solution either. Probably hurt profitabilaty even more.

nlsupernova

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:21:41 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 01:34:29 AM by nlsupernova

I do, I don´t blame profit switching pools (which are in the end good to beat badly designed coins and their poor resistance to hashrate spikes) - I am blaming autotrading profit switching pools, for their dumping at lowest possible prices just to satisfy complainers. And thats impossible anyway -  with non autotrading multipools like us.trademybit.com, multipool.us or my fav ultimatecoinpool.com You will get 30% more by selling Your coins manually and its because theese pools don´t take into account market depth, so while autotrading pools mine WDC with profitability .007 BTC per MHS (because it´ll be easy for them to sell all coins at low rates), non autotrade pools mine most profitable coins at .013+ BTC per MHS and is up to You when and with how profit You´ll sell them. You may say that its possible to turn autotrading off on HashCows, but that still not alter algorythm, designed to mine not most profitable, but most sellable coin.

the pools are mining the most profitable coin. but my opinion is that these pool have become to big for their own good and are competing with all the other pools for the same coin. they jump on the highest on the list all together instantly . always after the best coin. thats a lot of hashing power thrown arround, mostly on new coins who cant handle all the traffic. i would like them to not jump to the most profitable all the time but think a little more about these things. i think it would make things more stable. even though it seems like the oposite is true.

On the other hand. if the pool mines the 3th on the list on coinchoose, there is hell to pay in the forums. 3 pages about why we are not mining number one with all the other pools. people start threatning to leave if the pool doesn`t switch over, screaming how the operators are idiots... and more of that good stuff.

willittobe

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:31:53 AM

BTC cashout now pending for over three (3) hours...

...not so good.

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:38:03 AM

You will get 30% more by selling Your coins manually and its because theese pools don´t take into account market depth, so while autotrading pools mine WDC with profitability .007 BTC per MHS (because it´ll be easy for them to sell all coins at low rates)
'30% more' sounds great if your time is worthless.  

for me, what you say makes sense, but sounds like a pain in the ass.  i am a miner, and not a daytrader.  if you want to daytrade, install wallet trojans, and deal with cryptsy that's your game.  I sure as hell don't want to follow each and every thread in the altcoin forum to determine precisely when a pump-and-dump is occuring.  i'm not built for daytrading, and everyone has to figure out where their strengths lie.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:07:06 AM

<Snip>

<Snip>

With full disclosure that I don't use this or any other auto-switching auto-exchange pool, and have a strong dislike for their effect on alt-coins in general and normal market functioning in particular:

The quoted part of an excellent post is the money shot IMHO - pun fully intended. As far as I know, there is no particular need for the coins to be "dumped" on the market and sold ASAP. I have seen this many times in WDC which seems to be a regular target for this pool, and I don't doubt that it happens elsewhere too. If payouts happen once per day, then what is the urgency to dump (e.g.) 10,000+ coins on the market all at once? Doing so guarantees with 100% certainty that the price obtained is below market price, well below in thin markets, and does a disservice to both investors and the pool's own users. They could be sold in 20 lots of 500 over a period of many hours, or 10 lots of 1,000 etc that would be far more easily absorbed.

If a mutual fund wants to sell 1m shares of WMT and the average daily volume is 5m shares, do you think they advertise the whole block at the offer, or dump the lot with a market order? No, they exercise some patience and discipline and sell throughout the day in smaller tranches.

Very good post, well explained - I do agree.

I wish there would be more of those well-thought and considerate posts in this particular thread.  Wink
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:11:16 AM

Worker modification is now up and running, feel free to add/drop/edit your workers.

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: