Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:37:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
Anubite

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:48:57 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 04:38:09 AM by Anubite

Le sigh, two pages that I will never return to, 142 and 143.

I never did get help about what controls the level of getwork failures, and if I could do anything to stop them like upping the queue. At very least, during the 4 hour RPC run, I had no additional GFs until switch. I think I may have found my answer. Only had two of them after 24/hrs at middlecoin, can't expect they make that much if any difference at the 1-5 per hour range here though.

P.S. Was someone just mining for me? It said I had 500 extra kh/s for a bit. If so, thanks. If not, well damn.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:40:16 AM

We are aware of a bug that users see their hashrate on the dashboard/stats page showing 0. You can see if you are mining correctly by going to you're worker settings page and there you should see a hashrate. We will be fixing up this issue soon.

Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:52:13 AM

We are aware of a bug that users see their hashrate on the dashboard/stats page showing 0. You can see if you are mining correctly by going to you're worker settings page and there you should see a hashrate. We will be fixing up this issue soon.

Alright. This was a pro surplus though, lol. Maybe it was underestimating, then overestimating as compensation for shares it did not count yet? Maybe someone just might have been nice (I can dream, too). Either way, the worker page did show the correct hash rates +/- 10% after the upper right corner stats fell to 1450 from 1650.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:11:58 AM

I was going to post this here, but it was a bit lengthy and may get lost/ignored/shouted down. Whatever. I blog as a hobby, sort of like aTriz and nearmiss run Hashco.ws, so I wrote up my analysis of the recent performance. Bottom line: I'm not saying nearmiss/aTriz are doing anything shady, but either their coin selection algorithm is somehow busted or there's something else causing Hashco.ws to consistently choose under-performing coins. The pool is jumping around alt-coins like a jack rabbit on speed, and virtually none of the selected coins seem to be delivering the expected returns. That's not even mentioning the 42 Coin rounds that keep popping up (and keep failing to outperform LTC). Ugh.

The goal is (or should be IMO) profits that are better than mining LTC, and looking at Coinwarz/Coinchoose there seem to be many options that are hitting that mark. Or perhaps stated better: the goal is to mine the most profitable alt-coin, so something other than LTC or BTC, but again there are many candidates that have been consistently above LTC during the past month. So if that's true, why are the coins selected by Hashco.ws somehow getting us less than half the profits of mining LTC? Is Coinwarz lying about profitability and Hashco.ws is getting mislead, is Hashco.ws just getting (really!) unlucky, or is something wrong with the coin selection algorithm? Or maybe something else.

I'd love to see the problem fixed, because I'm lazy and all I want is better returns on my investment. Hashco.ws used to provide that pretty consistently; since the hack and rebuild, I'm not sure I've ever seen us match let alone clearly outperform LTC. That's bizarre...and Middlecoin hasn't been any better that I can see, which is equally bizarre.

Kiah07

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:10:35 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 08:25:52 AM by Kiah07

2,5 Mh -> 24h of mining -> 0.016 on my balance -> cashout -> still 0 on my btc wallet.
Not recommend, middlecoin much better.
I was going to post this here, but it was a bit lengthy and may get lost/ignored/shouted down. Whatever. I blog as a hobby, sort of like aTriz and nearmiss run Hashco.ws, so I wrote up my analysis of the recent performance. Bottom line: I'm not saying nearmiss/aTriz are doing anything shady, but either their coin selection algorithm is somehow busted or there's something else causing Hashco.ws to consistently choose under-performing coins. The pool is jumping around alt-coins like a jack rabbit on speed, and virtually none of the selected coins seem to be delivering the expected returns. That's not even mentioning the 42 Coin rounds that keep popping up (and keep failing to outperform LTC). Ugh.

The goal is (or should be IMO) profits that are better than mining LTC, and looking at Coinwarz/Coinchoose there seem to be many options that are hitting that mark. Or perhaps stated better: the goal is to mine the most profitable alt-coin, so something other than LTC or BTC, but again there are many candidates that have been consistently above LTC during the past month. So if that's true, why are the coins selected by Hashco.ws somehow getting us less than half the profits of mining LTC? Is Coinwarz lying about profitability and Hashco.ws is getting mislead, is Hashco.ws just getting (really!) unlucky, or is something wrong with the coin selection algorithm? Or maybe something else.

I'd love to see the problem fixed, because I'm lazy and all I want is better returns on my investment. Hashco.ws used to provide that pretty consistently; since the hack and rebuild, I'm not sure I've ever seen us match let alone clearly outperform LTC. That's bizarre...and Middlecoin hasn't been any better that I can see, which is equally bizarre.

Yeah, something is truly bizzare, off, wrong, missing, all of the above.  I've switched until the site can show me where my money is, i.e. a paper trail, i.e. per round shares, number of each type of un-traded autotrade coins, balances for traded coins, and how many of my coins were traded for what amount.  Basically, I want a receipt.  

But I don't think this site will be doing anything like that, and it seems the site runs on trust alone.  Not good.  

Admins, the coin balance page at https://hashco.ws/balances/ has a problem when firefox is zoomed.  The problem is that a div element covers the "Proceed to Cashout" button making it unclickable.  It can be fixed like this:
LINE 137
<div class="col-lg-8 container" style="padding-left:0px; width:700px; float:left;">

glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:43:02 AM

Manual payouts not working. https://www.hashco.ws/balances/cashout showing 404. Seriously, I'm out of here.
coyote

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:12:48 AM

Manual payouts not working. https://www.hashco.ws/balances/cashout showing 404. Seriously, I'm out of here.

I'm sorry but I think you have a problem at your end. I have manually cashed out about an hour before your post (the BTC is in my wallet) & just verified the link in your message.

There is a lot of emotion here and people are quick to both condemn and defend the site.

Can EVERYONE please take a breath before posting and try to reduce the flaming from BOTH sides.
CombatVolcano

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:16:37 AM

RPC seems to take forever verifying blocks.

I agree. I've tried searching/reading on it but I can't find an explanation for this.

Is this a problem with HashCows?
DrPelotas

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:41:55 AM

I agree. I've tried searching/reading on it but I can't find an explanation for this.

The difficulty change with RPC takes 720 blocks (target time of 1 day per difficulty setting).  The Dev of that coin didn't know about multipools when he designed the coin, so when the diff goes low, we all jump on the band wagon (this happened Sunday night in the USA).  The blocks then get mined WAY to fast, the diff goes high, and everyone jumps off.  We're talking swings from 5 Gh/s down to 500 Mh/s.  At 120 confirms, the coin takes forever when the difficulty is high and we're not mining it.  In the last 6 hours (without us mining), they've managed to find all of 9 blocks.

It's a catch-22.  When we're not mining, it takes all day to confirm our coins.  When we are mining, profits are good but we're killing the coin.  They're talking about a hard fork in the near future to correct the abnormally long diff re-targeting.
CombatVolcano

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:16:12 PM

The difficulty change with RPC takes 720 blocks (target time of 1 day per difficulty setting).  The Dev of that coin didn't know about multipools when he designed the coin, so when the diff goes low, we all jump on the band wagon (this happened Sunday night in the USA).  The blocks then get mined WAY to fast, the diff goes high, and everyone jumps off.  We're talking swings from 5 Gh/s down to 500 Mh/s.  At 120 confirms, the coin takes forever when the difficulty is high and we're not mining it.  In the last 6 hours (without us mining), they've managed to find all of 9 blocks.

It's a catch-22.  When we're not mining, it takes all day to confirm our coins.  When we are mining, profits are good but we're killing the coin.  They're talking about a hard fork in the near future to correct the abnormally long diff re-targeting.

Thank you. So do we have to wait until the next port switch to RPC to get paid for our current RPC? Won't the price have changed by then? There's more than one reason a multiport pool might switch to a coin (i.e. because the diff is low, not because the price is high) . . . so is it really worth mining RPC?

How can RPC be fixed?
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 12:23:05 PM

works for me

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:29:15 PM

works for me

Working fine for me since I last posted, but stlll no btc transaction visible in my wallet. It's been more than 1 hour...
dapato

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:35:34 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:55:40 PM by dapato

Ok HASHCOWs - I am out of business with U

I think this is a great SCAM - mining for 0.003xxxxx BTC / MHs you can forget.

I will immediatley point my rig to another pool. I WILL NOT PAY FOR OTHERS ACCUSED LOSSES!

I started ion 26th of december - got 0.025 @ 1.4MHs - and stayed here since all your troubles!

BUT this is NOT correct what you are doing!

BYE!

Sure thing act like a child and make false accusations, it will get you far in life.  

YOU act like a child and let pay others for your faults. This isnt a business anymor with you HASHCOWs

If i do not get back my costs of electricity you should act as a child and search for another buisiness . maybe you should sell icecram,,,

I am no longer going to respond to anything as an argument is doing nothing but wasting both of our time. I'll leave you with this thought, when you were making a great return were you complaining? No? Ironic that the pool uses the exact same formulas as before. I wish you the best of luck in the next pool you wish to join Smiley

Its not a question af luck - just a question of math :-)

You SCAM the peoples here...

I thought you were leaving, little child.  Take the train.  You don't trust them, then - LEAVE!!!

Stop inflicting your incessant whining on us . . . WE DON'T CARE.

Unless you have a legitimate question, which you clearly do not, then you are just wasting everyone's time with your childish behavior.

shut up and be quiet you little girl
- and if u have the time -> finish groundschool for better math :-)

people without any availabilty like u should sit and keep calm - LEARN you TROLLi
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:36:43 PM

Catcoin experienced the same thing, for the same reason.  There are a number of coins being created now by folks who do not understnad the dynamics of alt-coin mining and thus their coins suffer the same fate.  Stablecoin was also forced to make that hard fork as well.
Catswold

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:48:53 PM

works for me

Working fine for me since I last posted, but stlll no btc transaction visible in my wallet. It's been more than 1 hour...
You won't see any transaction until 0400 GMT when the transactions are executed. 
As it says in the FAQ under the heading of "When Will I Be Paid" section,
Bitcoin payouts to users only happen after all blocks for the round have matured, unlike the regular coin payouts that happen as blocks mature.
So your balance will show the same until the actual payout.

What you should begin to see is the Est. Unexchanged Balance and the Confirmed Exchanged Balance both begin to grow as coins are mined and distributed or sold throughout the day.
Catswold

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:50:50 PM

shut up and be quiet you little girl - and if u have the time finish groundschool for better math :-)

people without any availabilty like u should sit and keep calm - LEARN you TROLLi

Yawn . . . you have now been ignored.
dapato

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:57:08 PM

shut up and be quiet you little girl - and if u have the time finish groundschool for better math :-)

Yawn . . . you have now been ignored.

anybody said anything?

ah - its u! didnt i say you should shut up? and dont forget your pills!

http://img.blogdecine.com/resize/500/2009/09/forrest-gump-feather.jpg
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:36:57 PM

Hey aTriz or any other Hashcow employee, could I get a small update please? I read back a few pages but all I'm seeing is trolls circlejerking.

I have 7+ MH/s mining with you guys for the past 48 hours or so (I've recently switched back to you after your hack) and I'm only seeing a confirmed balance of 0.02ish. Is this due to the newer fast retargeting coins and their difficulty/confirmation problems that I read about?  Or is this stat just lagging and not fully restored yet? Your pool was fantastic before the hack and I've been itching to get back on here because your pool is the best I've mined at; I have been seriously impressed with the way you all handled it and have certainly earned my trust.

I'm using cgminer 3.3.1 on half of my machines and 3.7.2 recompiled with the 5 minute stability code removed, so I know I'm on your server whenever it is up. I'm also on a high-bandwidth low-latency fiber connection.

Any light you could shed on this would be most appreciated, I will have 10MHs online soon and want to ensure I can actually pay it off at some point Cheesy

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
thunderstrk

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:47:10 PM

Hey guys. I got a blue screen yesterday and eversince my boards dont get up to my max speeds. I used to mine 720 and 220 with my 2 boards.. now i get 560ish and 210ish..which are pretty much the default speeds of the 2 boards I have. what's up with that? I'm using the exact same .bat files as before...nothing changed..
Jamescoins

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:48:47 PM

Hey aTriz or any other Hashcow employee, could I get a small update please? I read back a few pages but all I'm seeing is trolls circlejerking.

I have 7+ MH/s mining with you guys for the past 48 hours or so (I've recently switched back to you after your hack) and I'm only seeing a confirmed balance of 0.02ish. Is this due to the newer fast retargeting coins and their difficulty/confirmation problems that I read about?  Or is this stat just lagging and not fully restored yet? Your pool was fantastic before the hack and I've been itching to get back on here because your pool is the best I've mined at; I have been seriously impressed with the way you all handled it and have certainly earned my trust.

I'm using cgminer 3.3.1 on half of my machines and 3.7.2 recompiled with the 5 minute stability code removed, so I know I'm on your server whenever it is up. I'm also on a high-bandwidth low-latency fiber connection.

Any light you could shed on this would be most appreciated, I will have 10MHs online soon and want to ensure I can actually pay it off at some point Cheesy

From my understanding it is a little of both, days have high variability right now because of the very long conformation times of some of the coins. This has also had an effect on the profitability because they can't be traded until a day or even 2 later. From my experience my confirmed balance never goes above about .003 (1.5Mh/s) but my account credits have been around .005 to .01. I know those numbers are low but with the alt-coin market the way it is right now i'm not sure I can expect much more...

Hey guys. I got a blue screen yesterday and eversince my boards dont get up to my max speeds. I used to mine 720 and 220 with my 2 boards.. now i get 560ish and 210ish..which are pretty much the default speeds of the 2 boards I have. what's up with that? I'm using the exact same .bat files as before...nothing changed..

I have had a similar problem and I would guess it is a driver issue. I would try to uninstall the video drivers and reinstall first.
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: