Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:47:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347313 times)
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 05:00:57 PM

...  The way the stolen funds were handled was extraordinary but the way the lack of information and the excuses as to why you don't have time to fix your thousands of dollars a year business are getting old.  I hope things get better as a long time supporter but being left in the dark for this long is for the birds and a waste of my money and time.

more drama than a cable tv channel.
is it *so* difficult to leave quietly?

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:23:33 PM

...  The way the stolen funds were handled was extraordinary but the way the lack of information and the excuses as to why you don't have time to fix your thousands of dollars a year business are getting old.  I hope things get better as a long time supporter but being left in the dark for this long is for the birds and a waste of my money and time.

more drama than a cable tv channel.
is it *so* difficult to leave quietly?

Is it so hard to read another opinion with out being butthurt by your fanboyism?  Everybody is entitled to their opinion, nothing else.  You'd be wise to learn that.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
socket

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:57:11 PM

Been mining here through all of the mess and made a decent profit too.  The last three days with 5.7 mhs has given me .067~ BTC.  I don't know what happened but if that keeps through the next few days I am going to have to leave.  I honestly think there is an error somewhere but with absolutely no info still after weeks of excuses of why there is no time to fix your business, which is exactly what this pool is it is leaving me and obviously many others very disheartened and left wondering if we have been taken for a ride.

I have been mining with nearmiss on his pools for almost a year now and love the fact that he has always given prompt answers and solutions to problems being presented.  The way the stolen funds were handled was extraordinary but the way the lack of information and the excuses as to why you don't have time to fix your thousands of dollars a year business are getting old.  I hope things get better as a long time supporter but being left in the dark for this long is for the birds and a waste of my money and time.

I'm going to give it a few more days.. see how it goes.  Middlecoin has bad days too (sometimes 3-4 in a row).
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:34:51 PM

Does anyone know why we are mining a coin that is 10 alts less profitable than Litecoin itself? Is this an error? (SBC)

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
uh60james

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:20:46 PM

Where are you getting your info from?  Coinwarz show SBC more profitable than LTC.

LTC: LVjM7UJUedLgfeYztFaLc7J5ND35wo4qoP
FTC: 6tX9SmXhTxcpSsuNpCtkrKMxKxHbicPNpt
SBC: sewXveFW8XNBw5tGPabPTQD33iHJikwr2a
Anubite

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:35:35 PM

Where are you getting your info from?  Coinwarz show SBC more profitable than LTC.

Same place, during the period we were mining.

uh60james

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:57:58 PM

It almost changes too fast, if a pool switched as fast as that site does we would never solve a block.  I learned quickly that mining LTC directly was a waste of my time and resources.

LTC: LVjM7UJUedLgfeYztFaLc7J5ND35wo4qoP
FTC: 6tX9SmXhTxcpSsuNpCtkrKMxKxHbicPNpt
SBC: sewXveFW8XNBw5tGPabPTQD33iHJikwr2a
Anubite

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:04:38 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 08:15:46 PM by Anubite

Where are you getting your info from?  Coinwarz show SBC more profitable than LTC.

It almost changes too fast, if a pool switched as fast as that site does we would never solve a block.  I learned quickly that mining LTC directly was a waste of my time and resources.

With LTC right now (3.8k diff), it would take about 3.1 days to get to .03 BTC at my hashrate (1150).

If I am getting any less than .01 per day here, it does not appear to be a waste to switch. I have heard talks of people making less than that here with more kh/s than I by double. This might explain the significant difficulty hike on LTC a few days ago. I am not the only one seeing it.

EDIT: Thought I would mention I saw this pool mining Litecoin recently, too.

Tubesock

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:18:11 PM

What is with TAG not confirming blocks.  Will it eventually pay out?  Unless I am missing something, TAG is pointless for this pool to mine if no one ever gets paid out.  Anyone have any information on this?
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:35:37 PM

Sbc was at the top of the list before Hashcows started mining.  Once a multi-pool starts mining a coin, the difficulty increases, sometimes by 2 or 3 times.  The profitability is measured at the difficulty when the mining begins.

What you saw was the resultant profitability once Hashcows (and others) start mining.  Happens every time we mine a new coin.
Catswold

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:43:17 PM

With LTC right now (3.8k diff), it would take about 3.1 days to get to .03 BTC at my hashrate (1150).

If I am getting any less than .01 per day here, it does not appear to be a waste to switch. I have heard talks of people making less than that here with more kh/s than I by double. This might explain the significant difficulty hike on LTC a few days ago. I am not the only one seeing it.

From the FAQ:  https://www.hashco.ws/faq/

Your Pool Doesn't Seem to be More Profitable than LTC, What Can I Do?

The unique feature of this pool is that YOU can decide whether to be paid out in Bitcoin, or the original coin, and not only that, but you can do it on a coin by coin basis. There is no question that in most circumstances, a human trader will likely out-perform the type of system this pool employs (We aren't talking trading bots here that sit all day moving tiny amounts, the pool has to sell coins fairly often to return Bitcoin to users quickly). If you feel your profitability is lower than expected, you may want to consider changing some of your coin options. Perhaps there is an alt-coin or two from our list that you feel you could keep and trade more profitably by hand, or that you feel has more future potential and want to hold for a longer term. Perhaps you'll decide you don't want the pool to handle any of your trading, and you can keep each coin type for yourself to trade later. The key is we provide these options to our miners.

nearmiss and artiz are aware of the profitability challenge and nearmiss did say they were adding a few new coins to the mix in an effort to boost returns, but with alt-currency prices as low as they are, it is going to be difficult to realize more than .01/MH/s

Part of the sacrifice we make on this pool is the immediate liquidation of each coin as it's mined.  They aren't able to "time" the market and wait for each coin to spike before selling it.  That might be a great strategy, but the logistics of doing so with a pool and the number of complaints about the chosen timing would be legion (one look at this thread will tell you that).

If you're lazy, like me, and let them do the selling, then that's the price you pay for it.
Anubite

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:15:04 PM

The unique feature of this pool is that YOU can decide whether to be paid out in Bitcoin, or the original coin, and not only that, but you can do it on a coin by coin basis. There is no question that in most circumstances, a human trader will likely out-perform the type of system this pool employs (We aren't talking trading bots here that sit all day moving tiny amounts, the pool has to sell coins fairly often to return Bitcoin to users quickly). If you feel your profitability is lower than expected, you may want to consider changing some of your coin options. Perhaps there is an alt-coin or two from our list that you feel you could keep and trade more profitably by hand, or that you feel has more future potential and want to hold for a longer term. Perhaps you'll decide you don't want the pool to handle any of your trading, and you can keep each coin type for yourself to trade later. The key is we provide these options to our miners.

nearmiss and artiz are aware of the profitability challenge and nearmiss did say they were adding a few new coins to the mix in an effort to boost returns, but with alt-currency prices as low as they are, it is going to be difficult to realize more than .01/MH/s

Part of the sacrifice we make on this pool is the immediate liquidation of each coin as it's mined.  They aren't able to "time" the market and wait for each coin to spike before selling it.  That might be a great strategy, but the logistics of doing so with a pool and the number of complaints about the chosen timing would be legion (one look at this thread will tell you that).

If you're lazy, like me, and let them do the selling, then that's the price you pay for it.

While this would theoretically be nice, the option to do so has been disabled for nearly 3 weeks, and I can mine the solo coins on pools with half the fees or less. I'm just struggling to find a reason to stay.

The concept of this pool is great, but the math doesn't add up. People fail to see that service is a two way street. Not only is hashcows providing me with what they do, I provide them with my hashing. If it doesn't work out favorably for either side, one leaves. I'm going to take that leave probably tomorrow, if my balance is not over 1.05 LTC equivalent. Might as well take the safe bet and 1% fees.

g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:41:13 PM

While this would theoretically be nice, the option to do so has been disabled for nearly 3 weeks, and I can mine the solo coins on pools with half the fees or less. I'm just struggling to find a reason to stay.

The concept of this pool is great, but the math doesn't add up. People fail to see that service is a two way street. Not only is hashcows providing me with what they do, I provide them with my hashing. If it doesn't work out favorably for either side, one leaves. I'm going to take that leave probably tomorrow, if my balance is not over 1.05 LTC equivalent. Might as well take the safe bet and 1% fees.

Exactly. Furthermore .01/MH/s is something no one here gets (maybe except Catswold) - its more like .0055/MH/s and thats way bellow mining LTC

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:43:19 PM

In case some of you haven't noticed coin settings were added last night. You can now update coin addresses, set auto-payout balances, and decide if you want to auto trade or keep the coins you mine with us.

You can check it out once you're logged in @ https://hashco.ws/modifycoins/

Would also add in we are aware the last couple of days were on the low end, my personal opinion is our hashrate is hurting us, we need to grow for less variance and improved payouts. Our algro's haven't changed, they are the same one that made many of your a whole lot of BTC pre-hack.

I'm hoping we get the estimates back working today or tomorrow so you can at least get a up to date unexchanged / exchanged est balance.

Anubite

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:54:07 PM

In case some of you haven't noticed coin settings were added last night. You can now update coin addresses, set auto-payout balances, and decide if you want to auto trade or keep the coins you mine with us.

Would also add in we are aware the last couple of days were on the low end, my personal opinion is our hashrate is hurting us, we need to grow for less variance and improved payouts. Our algro's haven't changed, they are the same one that made many of your a whole lot of BTC pre-hack.

I'm hoping we get the estimates back working today or tomorrow so you can at least get a up to date unexchanged / exchanged est balance.

I did not notice, as the modify coin settings button was at the bottom of a list of coins I didn't care about nor have balances for. Good to know!

One quick inquiry on that topic, we were mining LTC the other day, yet there is no option to save them. Why would we mine LTC, and when we do, why can't they be saved?

Catswold

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:18:58 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 11:21:57 PM by Catswold

According to the calculator over at WeMineLTC my ~1400KH/s should generate 0.4 LTC/day.  Litecoins are running at .0291 BTC/LTC.  By my calculations that means I would be mining 0.0116 BTC/day if I just mine LTC.

I mined here blind for 6.5 days before I got my payout . . . 0.06774 BTC . . . or .0104 BTC/day . . . that's a difference of 0.0012 BTC or $01.06/day . . . VERY MONEY, SUCH PROFIT.

So right now it costs me ~$30/month to mine here.  That assumes I get full price for the LTCs I mine and LTCs are gradually declining in value against the BTC at an approximate rate of .0002 LTC/BTC /day over the last 15 days..

Edited to insert the correct length of time for the payout.
Catswold

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:35:11 PM

I did not notice, as the modify coin settings button was at the bottom of a list of coins I didn't care about nor have balances for. Good to know!

One quick inquiry on that topic, we were mining LTC the other day, yet there is no option to save them. Why would we mine LTC, and when we do, why can't they be saved?
Sounds like they newly added LTC due to increased profitability and just forgot.  Good question.  We should be able to reserve any of the coins mined.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:45:40 PM

LTC is not on our list of coin's we farm. I'm not quiet sure why you are saying you saw us hit it yesterday? Smiley Did I miss something?

Anubite

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:49:17 PM

LTC is not on our list of coin's we farm. I'm not quiet sure why you are saying you saw us hit it yesterday? Smiley Did I miss something?

I did not mention a day. Another coin is sitting at 3.8k difficulty? If so, it was probably that one then.

g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:58:50 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 11:37:32 PM by g0re79

Sounds like they newly added LTC due to increased profitability and just forgot.  Good question.  We should be able to reserve any of the coins mined.

I have defended aTriz and nearmiss so long, but now I think they started to doing drugs or something and having a great time by smile at all of us

According to the calculator over at WeMineLTC my ~1400KH/s should generate 0.4 LTC/day.  Litecoins are running at .0291 BTC/LTC.  By my calculations that means I would be mining 0.0116 BTC/day if I just mine LTC.

I mined here blind for 6.5 days before I got my payout . . . 0.06774 BTC . . . or .0104 BTC/day . . . that's a difference of 0.0012 BTC or $01.06/day . . . VERY MONEY, SUCH PROFIT.

So right now it costs me ~$30/month to mine here.  That assumes I get full price for the LTCs I mine and LTCs are gradually declining in value against the BTC.

Edited to insert the correct length of time for the payout.

If You cut it down to 1MH/s its .00742 - I made .0102 per 1MH/s just by pointing my miners to CSC and let it autotrade on Craptsy. Its "only" 25% profit with just 1% effort. Somethings wrong with multipools (finally IMHO, but thats different story) - middlecoin is at similar results and multipool was down for half of the day (just website, IDK if pool itself too because I don´t give a shit about them)

Edit: edited just to correct some fatal grammar flaws - I am sorry but English is not my primary language

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: