Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:49:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:30:05 PM

Haven't mined here for 2 weeks (just haven't, not because I think you guys aren't helpfull or anything), but stil got some unexchanged balance? Would be great to have ledgers working again so I  can figure out what's going on.
There is no reason, none, to trust these guys .... well I was going to say with your hash power and money, but with all that's happened just don't trust them in general.

awesome, thanks.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:36:14 PM

Haven't mined here for 2 weeks (just haven't, not because I think you guys aren't helpfull or anything), but stil got some unexchanged balance? Would be great to have ledgers working again so I  can figure out what's going on.

Well as far as I can tell they choose some really bad coins to mine like RPC that takes days to pay.

You are WAY BETTER OFF MANUALLY TRADING or using cryptsy to auto-sell. Check the price once a day and go sell your doge when it's at a good price.

RPC was a great addition netted people lots of BTC. RPC has also released a update to combat the high diff jumps so it will actually be a great coin to farm in about 300 blocks. If it takes you an extra few days to make more BTC than farming say WDC, why would you not want to wait?

We will continue to mine RPC as long as the profits continue.

We care about everyone's opinions even if they are bad, we are in the process of rebuilding, issues occur, we fix them and move on to better the pool.

Also many times throughout this thread we recommend keeping all the coins and trade them yourself.

Let me know what other concerns you want answered.

CombatVolcano

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:47:43 PM

Haven't mined here for 2 weeks (just haven't, not because I think you guys aren't helpfull or anything), but stil got some unexchanged balance? Would be great to have ledgers working again so I  can figure out what's going on.

Well as far as I can tell they choose some really bad coins to mine like RPC that takes days to pay.

You are WAY BETTER OFF MANUALLY TRADING or using cryptsy to auto-sell. Check the price once a day and go sell your doge when it's at a good price.

RPC was a great addition netted people lots of BTC. RPC has also released a update to combat the high diff jumps so it will actually be a great coin to farm in about 300 blocks. If it takes you an extra few days to make more BTC than farming say WDC, why would you not want to wait?

We care about everyone's opinions even if they are bad, we are in the process of rebuilding, issues occur, we fix them and move on to better the pool.

Also many times throughout this thread we recommend keeping all the coins and trade them yourself.

I really appreciate your mature attitude towards this thread. This is one of the reasons I believe you guys can do it... are doing it (you have an ok hash rate) ... I just think it needs a lot of revision before it is really ready. I do understand that problems like RPC are going to crop up from time to time and that it isn't your fault but those things still contribute to overall user frustration. I'm glad that they patched it.

Specifically I'd like to know why my clients are often disconnected or not hashing for so long. Other multiport pools don't have this problem. I lose a lot of hash rate/time on hashcows compared to other pools. All the other issues aside, this one is the one that is the biggest pain point for me. Every time those cards ramp down and back up is another potential crash on a slightly unstably OC'd system.
aTriz

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:58:14 PM

I really appreciate your mature attitude towards this thread. This is one of the reasons I believe you guys can do it... are doing it (you have an ok hash rate) ... I just think it needs a lot of revision before it is really ready. I do understand that problems like RPC are going to crop up from time to time and that it isn't your fault but those things still contribute to overall user frustration. I'm glad that they patched it.

Specifically I'd like to know why my clients are often disconnected or not hashing for so long. Other multiport pools don't have this problem. I lose a lot of hash rate/time on hashcows compared to other pools. All the other issues aside, this one is the one that is the biggest pain point for me. Every time those cards ramp down and back up is another potential crash on a slightly unstably OC'd system.

I personally have about 5 seconds from stratum disconnect to first accepted share when we switch, I use cgminer 3.3. (I don't even hit my failover) I actually think that someone made a fork of the newest cgminer which takes off the 5 minute minimum switch back from fail-over. Maybe some of the miners can chime in here and tell you better than myself.

aikon

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:59:10 PM

Haven't mined here for 2 weeks (just haven't, not because I think you guys aren't helpfull or anything), but stil got some unexchanged balance? Would be great to have ledgers working again so I  can figure out what's going on.

I really wanted to love this pool. I really did.

They already got hacked once. This fact is never going away.
Their fee is high (maybe not compared to other auto-cash but it's high in general)
They have a FOAD attitude towards many legit complaints
They have a poor system for selling their coins
Their multi-port switcher very frequently disconnects the miners entirely between switches
Their switcher is slow (might be being addressed based on recent news)
They take forever to pay

There is no reason, none, to trust these guys .... well I was going to say with your hash power and money, but with all that's happened just don't trust them in general.
I which way did you even remotely answer my question?

I still trust Hash Cows, they give quite good support, maybe they are a bit slow on some things but I guess they got other things to do as well, most important stuff is up again. They repayed the stolen money, what else do you want for trust?

Still... my question is not adressed, why after 2 weeks is there unexchanged balance?
mattopia

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:35:37 PM

Not trying to sound pushy or impatient - I understand things take time.  I've been bouncing between here and MC for quite some time.  I was on Hashco.ws until sometime on Tuesday, and have been on MC since.  My balance is stuck at 0.08 and change, although I know I had ~4mh here on the day it became stuck.  Also, when re-pointed my rigs, there were at least a few immature RPC rounds and other immature rounds.  Surely there has to be something waiting for me?

I posted a few pages back, and did send a support e-mail on Thursday.  I can't imagine the work and stress you guys are dealing with - and again, I'm not asking you to drop everything and focus on me - but it does seem that something is "off" - and I don't know if it's just with my account or with the pool in general, or if I'm just missing something. 
aTriz

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:40:02 PM

Not trying to sound pushy or impatient - I understand things take time.  I've been bouncing between here and MC for quite some time.  I was on Hashco.ws until sometime on Tuesday, and have been on MC since.  My balance is stuck at 0.08 and change, although I know I had ~4mh here on the day it became stuck.  Also, when re-pointed my rigs, there were at least a few immature RPC rounds and other immature rounds.  Surely there has to be something waiting for me?

I posted a few pages back, and did send a support e-mail on Thursday.  I can't imagine the work and stress you guys are dealing with - and again, I'm not asking you to drop everything and focus on me - but it does seem that something is "off" - and I don't know if it's just with my account or with the pool in general, or if I'm just missing something. 

send me a pm or email support again i'll look at it in a few Smiley maybe I overlooked it before.

PPGold

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:16:02 PM

Hello atriz & nearmiss

I've only been here less than a month, and found your pool from the beginning great. much better and more transparent than middlecoin.

This hacker attack has you and your customers safe a lot of damage, and you have proven yourself very generously (which probably would have made only a few)

whatever is happening, you should definitely sure to be clear about that people not for fun mines here with you, everyone wants to see results!
which indeed is understandable, because everyone has invested the money somehow.

although I have very little Hashpower, but still wants to show times based on this, what results I can deduce.
Before the hack you have middlecoin with the BTC results for beaten lengths, more after that, precisely until 03.01.2014 since we went only downhill on a very poor level,
this has certainly had his reasons, and you have certainly worked feverishly
but that came over here in the forum, not really.

one more thing before I get to the results ...

"If the last 10 to - 20 pages look in this thread,
because so many people have addressed these problems,
sure, some have out something in tone, but not to most people's,

yet there were two guard dogs that have any immediately attacked viciously and have recommended him to leave the pool immediately.

also read to me as a former "uninvolved" was just the two guard dogs are times gone right on my nerves, and I probably was not the only one.

I bet they have sold some of the pool here, which otherwise would still be here.

(After those words here, these are likely to fall on me ...)
"

so, now .. to my results

I have only 376 Kh / s, but even these can be extrapolated to 1 Mh / s.

20.12.2013 - 03.01.2014 ~ 0.013 xx - xx 0.015 BTC / Mh / s / day (own tests)
04/01/2014 - 01/13/2014 ~ ~ 0.004 xx - xx 0.006 BTC / Mh / s / day (own tests and posts on the forum)
Test yesterday - today 0.0088 BTC / Mh / s / day

- These results were all VERY irregular, which has certainly contributed to an extreme uncertainty.

middlecoin had always xx between 0.007 - 0.010 xx BTC / Mh / s / day (own tests)

my results with some Details
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/hashcowtests8x2f6cjpm7.jpg

just FYI...
at middlecoin it dont matter what cgminer version I use, my hashrate ist still 376
at hashcow i have to use an older cgminer version

I WILL continue to mine with you, and hope that this upward trend levels off at some point at the old values.

MfG PPGold

P.S. I hope the google translator has made in the text above not too many errors  Shocked
Capttech08

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:27:14 PM

Odd question and, again, sorry if I missed it somewhere in the previous postings. On my "Workers settings" page, it shows all of my workers having a kh/s rate working properly, but 5 of my workers show no "Round Shares Accepted (Adj)". Now, I have been messing with them for 2 days to double and triple check that my settings are correct. I show no issues or errors anywhere and they are connecting and gpu usage jumps to 100% (via MSI afterburner) so I know they are working. Are these cards not paying out for me? Or does anyone know the reason they are not showing accepted shares? The miner on the rigs show accepted shares, just not the page on hashco.ws

Thanks for the help! Keep up the good, hard work Atriz and nearmiss!

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
Suikoden

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:30:52 PM

I am quite amused at all of these instant gratification whiners in this thread (then again, they seem to be everywhere now in the altcoin forums; an unfortunate side effect of the mining fever). The pool owners are taking their time to set everything up so that they won't get hacked again. Never mind the fact that they paid EVERYONE back who lost BTC when it happened. Should you guys ever find yourself on another pool that gets hacked, you'll see that it is highly unlikely that you'll be reimbursed what you lost. Most tend to just close shop once they've been hacked, never mind if they have a server failure.

Their fee is not high. Compared to pointing your miner(s) at a specific coin's pool? Sure. Most coins tend to have at least one 0% fee pool. However, they're not auto-exchanging the stuff for you. They're also not switching coins automatically to mine the most profitable ones. 2.5% is perfectly reasonable considering the service that Hashcows -- and other profit-switch pools -- provides.

My only gripe about this pool is that it forces people to their failover pool unless they use an older version of cgminer. This is something most of the other profit-switching pools have fixed by now.

However, it will get fixed. Once the Hashcows pool owners have squared away their site to be where they want it to be safety-wise, there's no doubt whatsoever that they will turn their attention back to not only optimizing profit for the pool, but also making sure coin switches do not disconnect people using newer versions of cgminer.

In short: cut them some lack. Before the hack, this pool went toe-to-toe with Middlecoin in profitability, and even outright beat them many times. I have every confidence that Hashcows will get back to that point soon. There's plenty of other profit-switching pools out there. Go mine there if profitability is hurting. Better yet: try your hand at manually mining coins and trading them yourself. I guarantee you that you'll find yourself going right back to a pool that does everything for you because it's such a chore dealing with the exchanges and watching the markets.
aTriz

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:48:11 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback PPGOLD and Sukioden Smiley

Capttech08, do me a favor and email me support@hashco.ws i'll take a look (include your username)

And a quick note, our day was going great until the last doge round, 1 hour and 30 minutes without a block. Gotta love having a small hashrate. I've said this time and time again, we need more hashrate if we want to become profitable, less variance is key to multipools. I understand everyone wants instant results but what we need right now is to grow, more mining power and I believe the profits will go up. We will continue to try our best with farming smaller hashrate coins but big profits are where the big coins are.

Moral of the story please return to the cow land and bring your friends over.

We are continuing to bring back all the features of the previous hashcows and also have some GREAT additions coming in the future!

willittobe

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:19:46 AM

Er... how about the feature of staying on the most profitable coin?

From what I can see, WDC ain't it right now, but the cows are on it.

Doge would be much better...

Logic error?

aTriz

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:31:00 AM

Er... how about the feature of staying on the most profitable coin?

From what I can see, WDC ain't it right now, but the cows are on it.

Doge would be much better...

Logic error?

No error, just not enough hashrate to compete sadly.

willittobe

Activity: 141

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:10:25 AM

Catch 22 there.

g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 06:47:24 AM

We are continuing to bring back all the features of the previous hashcows and also have some GREAT additions coming in the future!

Yes yes, we already heard that many times. Less words more action please Smiley I am currently harvesting on some other pools, but looking forward to get back here when everything is sorted out and crystal clear as before (You can get some inspiration of what statisctics should look like on one unnamed multipool, which recently add autotrade feature)

Edit: Currently minning EAC which is 20% less profitable than LTC.. Really?

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:42:03 AM

EAC difficulty changes with every block, it's hard to know when it'd truly be profitable or not.

I was mining EAC on another pool until HC took it over. I am mining here until the EAC round is up and am saving them. It looks pro.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
g0re79

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:49:26 AM

Yes yes, we already heard that many times. Less words more action please Smiley I am currently harvesting on some other pools, but looking forward to get back here when everything is sorted out and crystal clear as before (You can get some inspiration of what statisctics should look like on one unnamed multipool, which recently add autotrade feature)

EAC difficulty changes with every block, it's hard to know when it'd truly be profitable or not.

I was mining EAC on another pool until HC took it over. I am mining here until the EAC round is up and am saving them. It looks pro.

EAC is one of the new coins that aren´t total crap and have more than one noob wanna be rich soon dev. I already have 100k and looking forward for bright future Smiley. Sadly its just POW and full of environmental bullshits...

[/url]
Anubite

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:53:46 AM

EAC is one of the new coins that aren´t total crap and have more than one noob wanna be rich soon dev. I already have 100k and looking forward for bright future Smiley. Sadly its just POW and full of environmental bullshits...

I never understood what PoS was, is, or does.

EDIT: EAC is now tanking on Cryptsy. Almost worth less than Doge. What luck  Sad

Hey, we could 51% attack EAC right now.

g0re79

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:53:02 AM

EDIT: EAC is now tanking on Cryptsy. Almost worth less than Doge. What luck  Sad

... and with PoS 51% attack can´t be done, unless we have also 51% of total coins in circulation. Main purpose of PoS is that nobody will mine PoW coins when all or most of them will be mined (miners will get only tiny transaction fees, barely enough to pay electricity). No one minning -> huge block (= transfer confirmation) times -> no one uses coin -> coin die. And even worse it will be more vulnerable to 51%. With PoS even when only few are mining, network is stable and secured (of course there are some catches, but thats different strory)

Edit: Look at RPC for example, its not even mined out, but with theese confirmation times (4 days !!!) nobody gives a shit about it. Precisely timed 51% with "only" 500 MHS can bring nice profit and send coin to grave.

[/url]
Anubite

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:25:49 AM

... and with PoS 51% attack can´t be done, unless we have also 51% of total coins in circulation. Main purpose of PoS is that nobody will mine PoW coins when all or most of them will be mined (miners will get only tiny transaction fees, barely enough to pay electricity). No one minning -> huge block (= transfer confirmation) times -> no one uses coin -> coin die. And even worse it will be more vulnerable to 51%. With PoS even when only few are mining, network is stable and secured (of course there are some catches, but thats different strory)

Edit: Look at RPC for example, its not even mined out, but with theese confirmation times (4 days !!!) nobody gives a shit about it. Precisely timed 51% with "only" 500 MHS can bring nice profit and send coin to grave.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep that in mind when looking at alts in the future. If only more had PoS. I also liked some of the concepts around scrypt-jane, but it died.

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: