Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:58:22 PM

I agree that not all people will have problems with wire transfers. I still believe Black Arrow would be better to make BTC price totally transparent by taking the payment straight away. These decisions are already difficult to make, why make it even harder?
I know one of the big issues I know they have been having is being understaffed- To many tickets with too few people. As for using BTC-e, not sure why that was chosen, could be for money could be because thats the easiest exchange to get $ into via wire? Not sure, I only use CB or Local for all my BTC.

I think it may actually be the worst place to get USD into, take a look at the Scam Accusations thread. This is said to be the reason that the BTC exchange rate is so low on btc-e, because there is low confidence that the USD wire will arrive in your btc-e account.

Out of interest, what satge of the proces do you take customer BTC on your site? As part of placing the order, or an indeterminate amount of days after placing the order? I suspect the former, as this is the norm with all BTC webmerchants.

When my btc payment processor was working (bips.me) It would take the weighted average at checkout. After its clusterfucking last week, I have had to switch to manual till my new webstore (with native BTC) is finished. I try to email the customer within minutes of placing the order with the current rate, but I have to sleep. The easiest thing to do is just offer refunds- if they dont like the swing or the waiting for manual, they always have the option of emailed me to cancel and refund their order, no hard feelings.

Im open to suggestions on how to do this better... But as far as I know without an automatic processor, by hand is the only way.

Interesting about BTC-e... Ill have to look more into it (Again, never used it)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:03:55 PM

I agree that not all people will have problems with wire transfers. I still believe Black Arrow would be better to make BTC price totally transparent by taking the payment straight away. These decisions are already difficult to make, why make it even harder?
I know one of the big issues I know they have been having is being understaffed- To many tickets with too few people. As for using BTC-e, not sure why that was chosen, could be for money could be because thats the easiest exchange to get $ into via wire? Not sure, I only use CB or Local for all my BTC.

I think it may actually be the worst place to get USD into, take a look at the Scam Accusations thread. This is said to be the reason that the BTC exchange rate is so low on btc-e, because there is low confidence that the USD wire will arrive in your btc-e account.

Out of interest, what satge of the proces do you take customer BTC on your site? As part of placing the order, or an indeterminate amount of days after placing the order? I suspect the former, as this is the norm with all BTC webmerchants.

When my btc payment processor was working (bips.me) It would take the weighted average at checkout. After its clusterfucking last week, I have had to switch to manual till my new webstore (with native BTC) is finished. I try to email the customer within minutes of placing the order with the current rate, but I have to sleep. The easiest thing to do is just offer refunds- if they dont like the swing or the waiting for manual, they always have the option of emailed me to cancel and refund their order, no hard feelings.

Im open to suggestions on how to do this better... But as far as I know without an automatic processor, by hand is the only way.

I think it's just a case of using the API on the exchanges to calculate a weighted (or otherwise) average for yourself. Maybe not such a small task, but it would be better to get it done, as it only a case of keeping up to date with any changes in the exchange API's to maintain the system. Then you can take the money at checkout, and the customer actually reliably knows how much they are paying.

Vires in numeris
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:06:27 PM

I think it's just a case of using the API on the exchanges to calculate a weighted (or otherwise) average for yourself. Maybe not such a small task, but it would be better to get it done, as it only a case of keeping up to date with any changes in the exchange API's to maintain the system. Then you can take the money at checkout, and the customer actually reliably knows how much they are paying.
See im a hardware guy, not software. I will pass your suggestion on to my web dev team tho... I hate calcing it my hand and a Automated system is what I want.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:13:10 PM

See im a hardware guy, not software. I will pass your suggestion on to my web dev team tho... I hate calcing it my hand and a Automated system is what I want.

One thing to consider is that the exchange API's misbehave, there needs to be a way of mitigating for their misbehaviour, but not via means that misinterprets huge rapid price movements as something to be ignored. I think that using the right length of price average probably represents the best compromise, maybe using something as long as a 3-day average would smooth it out well.

Anyway, the message seems to be that Black Arrow should alter their super-slow BTC payments, as it's causing confusion and uncertainty amongst potential buyers.

Vires in numeris
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:16:36 PM

One thing to consider is that the exchange API's misbehave, there needs to be a way of mitigating for their misbehaviour, but not via means that misinterprets huge rapid price movements as something to be ignored. I think that using the right length of price average probably represents the best compromise, maybe using something as long as a 3-day average would smooth it out well.

Anyway, the message seems to be that Black Arrow should alter their super-slow BTC payments, as it's causing confusion and uncertainty amongst potential buyers.

Indeed. I know they are well aware of the problem - I spoke with them saturday about it. I will be sure to bring it up again.. because if they find a good solution I can "borrow it"
BlackArrow Matt

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:23:10 PM

Also, to address Carlton Banks, there is no conspiracy to maximize profits. 90% of our team is focusing on the engineering side of things to make sure we get this ready for Feb 2014. Our customer service team is trying to keep up with orders and questions as well as we can.

So, you're saying that waiting until after the order has been placed is the way to do this?

The BTC price moves fast, and Black Arrow price confirmation moves slow, and at an undefined pace of slowness. You also use the most undervalued exchange rate as your reference point. If that's not a way to maximise your money, I don't know how else best you could do it.

Other miner companies have always confirmed the amount in BTC to pay right at the same time the order is placed. Black Arrow are unique in dragging their feet when it comes to confirming the exchange rate (and hence the full price).

How is anyone supposed to make an informed decision about whether the potential profit margins are favourable, the picture is very blurry. And it seems that BTC is the best method for any miner manufacturer to accept payment, many banks will refuse to process wire transfers to BTC related companies in China. Strange way to do business in this market, for sure.

I understand where you're coming from. We'd really like to automate the entire setup. What it boils down to is that we are made up mainly of engineers. Sure, we could work on the site and automating the setup but that would pull time away from miner production. We're a small outfit and we'd like to keep it that way to keep costs down.

As I said, I see your point. We are planning on improving things but there's lots to do and not a lot of time to do it. I hope this explains the situation we're in.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:24:23 PM

Bitpay uses a similar scheme for their rates

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates

and they have an API

https://bitpay.com/api/rates

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:00:55 PM

Just want to confirm guys, Black Arrow Matt is who he says he is Smiley
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:04:29 PM

...but who are you? Wink

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:26:32 PM

...but who are you? Wink

Bobsag3 is the official reseller for BA products in the USA.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:31:31 PM

...but who are you? Wink

Bobsag3 is the official reseller for BA products in the USA.

I should probably have wrapped my reply in a <joke></joke>. Apparently a wink is not enough.  Roll Eyes

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:43:39 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 10:53:27 PM by Gator-hex

Black Arrow announces their first resellers within US

More details here:
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/usa-reseller.html
Exist there a reseller in europe? or something planed?

I agree we need a European reseller so we can avoid the customs hassle/costs.
Looks a lot more promising now we've seen some photos of actual stuff going on at the factory but no photos of a prototype still means it's far, far away from production.

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:46:35 PM

I actually pre-ordered a Prospero X-1, received the btc address to pay, chickened out and canceled.

Indeed, BFL screwed people's confidence on pre-orders, and there are plenty schedule miscalculations, not to say scams.

That prospero x1 is very tempting though...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:46:39 PM

I understand where you're coming from. We'd really like to automate the entire setup. What it boils down to is that we are made up mainly of engineers. Sure, we could work on the site and automating the setup but that would pull time away from miner production. We're a small outfit and we'd like to keep it that way to keep costs down.

As I said, I see your point. We are planning on improving things but there's lots to do and not a lot of time to do it. I hope this explains the situation we're in.
Hi, at least pick a btc processor or exchange that doesn't make your units priced higher in btc than in dollars, than at other exchanges like mtgox or bitcoin.de. Paying through btc-e is $1342 higher on a $9903 order, almost 14%.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
BlackArrow Matt

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:38:18 AM

We're working on putting together a knowledge base to try to answer questions. The idea is that the answers will be posted so that it will cut down on the amount of questions we're receiving. Fewer questions for us to answer means faster processing.

Anyway, if you want anything added here:

https://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List

please let me know.

Thanks!
nosferatujeff

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:13:20 AM

Could you please inform us what your estimates of production and shipping will be. KNC had ORSOC to assist, I wonder how many you guys can get out the door daily.
coolmusic

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:11:20 AM

Ok Folks

I ordered one prospero x1 two days ago, they send me the email with the invoice and in another mail the adress to pay in bitcoins, I payed it the in same sec. 24 hours later my order still show the "waiting for payment" status. I check it and the address is correct and the transfer confirmed. I send a ticket to the help-desk. Still waiting....  Undecided
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:37:13 AM

Ok Folks

I ordered one prospero x1 two days ago, they send me the email with the invoice and in another mail the adress to pay in bitcoins, I payed it the in same sec. 24 hours later my order still show the "waiting for payment" status. I check it and the address is correct and the transfer confirmed. I send a ticket to the help-desk. Still waiting....  Undecided

i think they are doing allot of this manually, so it takes some time. their customer base is growing quite quickly it seems Smiley

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

I am going to make an order later this week from the US reseller. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:27:12 PM

I am going to make an order later this week from the US reseller. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Smiley
Let me know If you need any help
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: