Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 10:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6125 times)
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:55:55 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
[/size]
You invested several ICO's since December, 2018 and it did not bring profit like you expect but i would like to say that Good ICOs also need have time to their price go up. Development team of ICOs need time to improve their project by capital which raised in ICO. You should wait 6 month to see the price go up. It's very hard to find out a token which is instant increasing the price after ICO is end and listed in exchange site. The most important in cryptocurrencies market is you have to patience.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

Damn you are right there are way to many ico currently and most of them have similarities between them it's not worth wasting our money on them instead it's better to trade or make an investment on gambling site it will be more profitable and has lesser risk
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:21:17 AM

I read you interesting statement and I learned a lot I found it true, but when it comes to investment I think it is normal because every time we put money in investment plan there's always a risk and the best thing to do is try put some effort to review what Ico's is better to invest your money even if you lose you will not regret because you really try your best.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:50:47 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 12:05:04 PM by marcbitcoins

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Well said and very specific point of view but still i will continue to join ICO investments as long as i'm still earning big from their projects because fortunately, i always earned every time i joined an ICO maybe because i'm always vigilant during choosing a projects.Maybe if i lose a huge amount of capital or become a victim of a scam ICO then that will be the time i will quit ICO investments too.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:14:42 AM

You have a valid reason for quitting ICO's tho there are still really legit icos out there.
Some might have fall because of the general bitcoin and altcoin bearish run.we should expect to experience a big soaring after the dips.Its always important to conduct a very good research  before investing.And try and enter as early as possible (pre-sale )

below is a website we created with a group of Crypto experts .we always makes sure we list the best ico's with working products and prototype.
https://icotimer.net
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:29:29 AM

• massive hardcaps

Your statements are reliable and have basis. These claims, however, maybe true to some but not to all. ICOs are still good source of profit and an investment. They are still famous and attracts more investors. In terms of telegram members, yes, the success of one project sometimes depends on the users in telegram because these are investors in IcOs.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
Dissident991

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:52:50 AM

I still invest in ICOs, but it's getting boring to read whitepapers of projects with same concepts, copying ideas. Projects, in which advisors and team members try to sell themselves like street bazar.
dadumtuss123

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:09:42 AM

I still invest in ICOs, but it's getting boring to read whitepapers of projects with same concepts, copying ideas. Projects, in which advisors and team members try to sell themselves like street bazar.
Yes , usually those copy-cat project won't last for long and the reason they open the project for scamming purpose only. So stay away from all of them if you don't want to get scam.
Eterbank

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:25:18 AM
Merited by maxll (10)

Unfortunately, that is the sad truth about ICOs, most are scam and it is hard to find new good ICO to invest.

eterbankPay anywhere, buy anything with Cryptoeterbank
ANN THREADWHITEPAPERBOUNTY THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬FacebookTwitter▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:29:27 PM

ICO's are good and they provide customers a chance for using their coins while at the same time promoting their projects or products as well. But one thing some ICOs become the so called scam is when they lose their projects because they were not able to convinced their potential clients. Goals that seemed to promise something not quite possible to attain repels customer  and removes their trust on the project making it appear like a joke in the end. Because they cannot sustain with no market they lose the project and now appears as a scam because the promised ROI was not achieved and customers then dismiss them as such.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:32:08 PM

I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.
We have not seen any ICO craze yet, I still believe that the craze this year would be more than the last years. However, we just have to see how this goes, while some keep doing well, some will still stall for a while.

I have had to wonder if I made some wrong decisions before after investing in an ICO and seeing their value when listed on exchange, then I just believe that over time, since I trust holding the project, it should give a better return. The future of the project is what matters.
lingwistiko

Activity: 322

╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:43:54 PM

Being just a bounty hunter will surely give my time and effort to ICO which means i am in contrast with you. You do have good reasons to quit since your statements make sense. Good luck for you and i would say good luck to me too as i continue to hunt for bounties.

filtyfrank251

Activity: 364

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:50:39 PM

ICO is a very good investment trend this year, it will be a pity if you give up this trend. ICO is receiving a lot of attention from investors because it brings a large profit due to the ICO sold out the token at the lowest price, after selling ICO successfully the crypto coins will be listed on the commercial and will greatly increase prices. That is why so many ICO projects are open so consider carefully before investing to avoid ICO scam projects.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:00:43 PM

you have your point but ICOs are still a good way to earn profit but of course you have to select the best ICOs. project needs funds that is why they have big hard cap and they need funds for their project to be done and implemented. and it takes months or years before their project to be considered successful. just research and select a good ICOs.
Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:12:35 PM

you have your point but ICOs are still a good way to earn profit but of course you have to select the best ICOs. project needs funds that is why they have big hard cap and they need funds for their project to be done and implemented. and it takes months or years before their project to be considered successful. just research and select a good ICOs.
Maybe he was frustrated due to a lot of attempt to join ICO but was never paid him back of his hard work. Of course we also need to consider a lot of things, who is the owner the dev the manager the platform and other related things so that we will be sure about what we are entering at.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:24:28 PM

The way I see it most of the ICO are actually good projects but somehow they lack support from the market, maybe because there are lots of ICOs introduce and people can't avail to look over each of them. Another is that at this point in time the crypto market has just starting to grow even better and adopting those projects is quite too early to do for now. But time will come we'll sire embrace the crypto market and have these ICOs like a normal stuff in our economy.
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:06:47 PM

This "ICO" phenomenon is overhyped. This creates a lot of speculations that drive people crazy. People just buy and sell without researching and leads to their downfall. I hope you'll find another area in which you can succeed.
Yeah youre right people will quit ICO if they will not researchful at the same time bored to read the whitepaper.But a big opportunity will comes from ICO especially when you started to joined the differents campaign conducted like Twitter,Telegram,Translatin,Reddit ,Signature campaign and etc.
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:28:18 PM

Yes , usually those copy-cat project won't last for long and the reason they open the project for scamming purpose only. So stay away from all of them if you don't want to get scam.

Yeah. We need to always look about their project because that can be the reason for us to know if the ICO is scam or not, don't be bored reading because knowing their background will help us to avoid scammers.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

Sorry for your bad experience with ICOs. I was planning on joining some myself when I can spare the Eth but based on your comments, it seems that it's a bad decision for now. Will have to look into other investments.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
rohinihere

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:03:49 PM

Well you points makes sense but still i have been able to make some good profits in some recent ICOs specially when you are able to invest in the Pre-ICO with huge discounts...most of the time i end up in the profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: