Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:22:48 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Yes, I agree with your point of view, in fact, more than an airdrop, kyc in bounty compaign is unreasonable.
Because of a lot of airdrop and bounty compaigns, at last may be lost to you, you do not know in the end you can get your tokens or coins or not, but they have already got your private information.
I will not participate in those airdrops or campaigns which need  kyc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lagista

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:25:38 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens.  

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
I think the airdrop sending KYC needs to watch out for. because the airdrop is small and get the coin in a minimal amount. different from the investors who get the coins in large quantities they are required to verify the ID in KYC so I think airdrop using KYC is very unnecessary and has no clear basis.
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:30:20 AM

Yes some of my bounties are doing this to get our bounty from them we are required to submit our private information to be able to get the bounties this is not usual and its just keep me thinking why they do that for what reason. I know that there are some organization that buying information from the net including id's and private information for their own purpose, hope that i am wrong about this.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 01:37:17 AM

Seriously i am also highly against that idea of bounty hunters going through a KYC,for goodness sake that should be mentioned at the beginning of the bounty campaign and people who dont mind will join but to wait till the end and ask for KYC documents is just below the belt

fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:47:03 AM

I've had to forfeit some bounty stakes for a particular project when suddenly required all their bounty participants to do KYC (which I was not too comfortable with). They didn't state this when the bounty program was going on. It was when the time came for distribution that they came up with KYC.

So what do you suggest we do? I'm against this trend as you are.

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:49:23 AM

I agree with OP, I don't really like the new trend in airdops, where they request identity check. As far as I'm concerned they could be doing that just to sell the documents, or to try to use them to verify themselves on exchanges or things like that. I never participated in an airdrop like that, and I probably will never do it. Another thing that is very common now, is to ask for facebook profile, twitter with minimum number of followers, or telegram ID. Although I could understand that they are now doing that to spread the word on their project faster, it's looking more like a bounty than an airdrop these days.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:53:45 AM

Those airdrop require every information from you under heaven!  I do not subscribe to giving my email out let alone personal information.  I once participated in one airdrop  where my email was required next day, I started receiving spam in my email.

feny.blackpink

Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:57:02 AM

i dont know why the airdrop is require kyc, but i think it is because some greedy peoples who use multiple account to get free airdrop more.
so the dev use the kyc to prevent the multiple account in airdrop.
yomarve (OP)

Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 06:53:45 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.

Why is the kyc even needed they claim that it just to follow instructions or the law, I feel kyc is only needed for those who invest a lot of money to be able to investigate if their sources are pure. Not for free coins worth pennies, I hope we all stand against this, and a change can be quickly made.

I agree with you.  I joined an ICO that required KYC for investors who invested a high amount of money. But small investors were not required to do KYC.

This nor presents a question to mind. Since KYC/AML is to prevent money laundering,  does a few 100 dollars represent Money Laundering?

These guys are just bending the law to execute their own selfish deeds.

We can raise our voices by saying together

#noKYC4airdrop
#noKYC4_1Kinvestor

https://cryptotvplus.com
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:26:04 AM

Indeed, I also met such demands on the air, but I am neutral in this, because we ourselves have the right to choose to participate in the provision of all our data or to refuse it without getting free coins.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Sartrute

Activity: 522
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:29:33 AM

If you do not like some things, you just have to ignore them. Organizers of the airdrop have the right to establish the rules of their event. You have the right to accept these rules or not.

Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:39:54 AM

It depends on the participants if they wished to get some tokens for the consequence of revealing their identify or what you call KYC process but in my part it's best for me to stay anonymous rather than risking my identity for few tokens. I'm not saying its not a good thing to do the KYC process but just for assurance and ofcourse its up to the team behind the project to decide what rule they'll implement for the goodness of their project because we can't blame them for some people are just born to be scammers making a multiple accounts for airdrop.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:41:41 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 06:57:51 AM by jpoker272727

Know your customer
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:46:12 AM

In this there is some truth. It seems strange to me to get a free coin to give my personal data, in my opinion it is too much.
I can understand such a request for kys only if it is a question of serious amounts and liabilities.
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 10:51:34 AM

I think KYC for bounty is need because now many people make multiple account
so that will give cheater hard to make multiple account
and because regulation need for know who is the memner and customer

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:23:11 AM

I agree with the author of a topic,as a crypt should be created as anonymous,and kyc Yes, and for airdrop it is absolutely,therefore try to look for the ico without kyc.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:33:44 PM

KYC for airdrops is not ideal in my opinion.
Okay, in the era of ICO rush there has being a rapid increase in airdrops out there and 95% of them are worthless "shitcoins"..
I mean its stressful enough researching projects to invest in, its stressful researching bounties that are valuable, then the added stress of not just jumping at airdrops & given ur details to potential spammers; but to add to this the stress of performing a KYC for an airdrop is just damming

LiquorBan

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:14:33 AM

They really need KYC to avoid spam thats why they are doing it.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:23:01 AM

Now most of the airdrops are for data collection.  I will not trust my documents. I think this is unpleasant for many.
Nboramir

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:32:26 AM

I accept that there is an attitude contrary to the cryptography logic. But I see that they are not unjustified by the projects. A lot of people are resorting to making unfair profits. This percentage is becoming a necessity.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: