Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:06:21 PM

More and more blockchain platforms are asking for KYC verification at bounties hunters and I honestly have not figured out why. I think it's necessary for those who buy tokens, but for those who participate in a bounty campaign I think it's an excessive and very annoying measure

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xitijekiki

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:10:20 PM

I do not think this is bad but I do not support you providing personal data to receive airdrop. If they lose your personal data you will be very annoyed.
tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:11:47 PM

I think the most people are activating KYC to make sure that nobody abuses airdrops any more. I think there are a lot of multiclaimers in airdrops and KYC is a good way to kick them out. But yeah you are right, its sucks to submit a KYC so some pennys.

vindesel

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:27:27 PM

I think the most people are activating KYC to make sure that nobody abuses airdrops any more. I think there are a lot of multiclaimers in airdrops and KYC is a good way to kick them out. But yeah you are right, its sucks to submit a KYC so some pennys.
Yes I agree with you, i think  KYC for airdrop to avoid a lot of multiclaimers, so the airdrop is more evenly distributed for a one person.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:29:18 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
Dude if they are asking for KYC for free airdrops then you should downright reject it.Mostly they are collecting to the information to sell it off to somebody and it could be darknet too.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:29:39 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

its funny that you need to expose yourself then you'll get shitcoins with that airdrop.
i don't know why they still put some Hassle in getting Airdrops .

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:41:40 PM

bounty and airdrop is something else. If you are doing bounty and you're requested to do KYC, it makes some sense. But if you're asked to do KYC for airdrop coins, I would be very concerned about that, surely wouldn't recommend anyone to do it, as it might be scam attempt.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
Betszkie12

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:54:26 PM

You are correct. Why for such a very small amount of money the airdrop participants have to do kyc when it is not even worth several thousands? Imagine if your identity will be stolen to used for bad intentions. I would say millions isn't even enough to pay for involving you on an activity or a crime that could damage your reputations and that could even put you in jail.
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:10:44 PM

I participate in one airdrop like that and got the information that I must submit my KYC details before I can receive my rewards.. Where as, the token is just peanut..
I don't really buy the the idea of introducing KYC into aidrop
clonedone

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:13:41 PM

KYC for airdrops? I will never do it. It's ridiculous to ask bounty hunters for documents to get some shitcoins. It's too risky and i don't know why they need it for airdrops...This is a very sad trend.
platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:50:53 PM

If an airdrop asks me for KYC documents, I nope right out of there.This is very risky because we do not know the credibility of the people whose making airdrops ! KYC procedures for airdrops simply are not acceptable - its a nonsense!
It is really very bad that developers implement KYC for Airdrops. It seems to me that only fraudulent companies do this. I do not trust companies that are asked to go through the procedure of the UCJ, because my documents may find themselves in the hands of thieves.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
Bitforking

Activity: 145
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:59:18 PM

well said, I always hesitate giving out my ID and this forcing me buying from open market other than ICOs, the illegal fund raising trying to follow the legal procedures, what's going on!?

RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:05:09 PM

It can be time consuming for some but I think somehow it is good. There are many people who apply for a single airdrop multiple times so to save that, I think KYC is a good option. I’m still a bit sketched out by the passport requirement.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:26:20 PM

Yeah that's true, I see many new airdrops require to fill KYC first before we can claim this tokens/coins. Many airdrops are just worth of pennies and why we should fill KYC ??
That's weird, also I am afraid if my personal data is being misused by irresponsible parties...
MeongElek

Activity: 418
Merit: 10

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:50:43 PM

So far I do not know what is the main function of KYC verification. Actually, bounty hunters only do their duties as campaign participants and will receive payment from bounty owners. I never saw bounty participants scam, and that's not possible. So, KYC verification is not for bounty hunters.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:52:29 PM

Yes, I am also very pissed about that it is now mandatory for many airdrops to register for KYC.

For me it seems more like the projects say it right after they received a lot of buzz or new Telegram members. So many people will not claim or be able to claim their tokens. :/
Tallos

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:54:37 PM

I think, that it is not necessarily for Bounty Hunters or participants of airdrops, because they don't spend any money here, so why they have to provide this informations?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:57:17 PM

Yes, I am also very pissed about that it is now mandatory for many airdrops to register for KYC.

For me it seems more like the projects say it right after they received a lot of buzz or new Telegram members. So many people will not claim or be able to claim their tokens. :/

I can't really take those projects serious. But I haven't seen too many airdrops ask for kyc.
Crypcar10290

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:00:14 PM

The airdrops asking for KYC is unnecessary as you are not investing anything, you just want the free stuff.
The airdrops asking for social media tasks, just use a secondary email address for it, for all your important accounts use 2FA and for your crypto coins use a hardware wallet.
There is no need to be worried, there are thousands of people applying and giving away the same information for those airdrops anyways.
r95222

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:02:45 PM

Guys, run from such airdrops! All data from KYC can be sold in darknet. All your documents are for more profit. Or do you think that all airdrops are for non-profit activity only?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: